Mafia: Version 5. ***NEW ROLES!!!***

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Mafia: Version 5. ***NEW ROLES!!!***

Post by Monty »

This is the fifth mafia game in recent times. As such, there will be one extra pro-mafia role. If enough people sign up, we will also have a pro-town role. The usual mafia info is enclosed in the spoiler tag below. Information unique to this game will be after the spoiler.
This is a mafia game. After sign-ups, roughly 25% of you will become mafia, while the rest will be town.
Mafia: Your goal will be to infiltrate the town, eliminating one at a time. If you can reduce the number of living town to the number of living mafia, you will win.
Town: Your goal is to find the mafia hiding in your midst and eliminate them. Killing all of the mafia will result in a town win.
Gameplay: The game is divided into two main segments, day and night. During the day, everyone, both mafia and town, will vote on who to lynch. Once someone has 50% of the votes, or after the set time limit, the person with the most votes against them will be eliminated. Their role will then be revealed and we will move to night. During the night, the mafia will collaborate with pms to decide who to kill. After the time is up, the vote will be revealed and we will move to day. During the night, no posting is allowed unless it is a question.

Special Roles: Part 1: Some people have special roles to help the town win. One is the
Cop: The Cop is a townie who is allowed to "investigate" one person each night. If the Cop survives the night, he will get a pm telling him whether the investigated person is town or mafia.
Doctor: The Doctor is also a townie. He can save one person from being killed each night. If the person he chooses is targeted by the Mafia, that person will be saved.

Other rules: No talking about the game outside of the thread unless you have a role that let's you do so.
Special Roles: Part 2: This time around, we will have a few more roles

Godfather: The Godfather is a mafia. If he is investigated by the Cop, my return pm to the Cop will say that
this person is town.
Twins: These are two townies. Using their "twin telepathy," they can communicate day or night via pm.
Special rules unique to this game:

1. Mafia are not allowed to talk to each other via pm during the day time.

2. Each day and night period will last 48 hours. You must vote in this time frame.

3. Miss two daytime votes, and you will be eliminated from the game.

Questions and posts indicating your request to sign up should be posted below, also, I would appreciate any donations to go for a prize for the winners. Good luck!
Last edited by Monty on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm in. :yes: (I hope I'm mafia.)
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

I'm in!
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I'll join :D
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I'm in! \:D/
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

I shall play.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’ll play because I like these games, but I’m not sure about the new rules. It seems they may throw a wrench in the system. But that could be good now and then, keep things fresh. We’ll see how it goes.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I shall play :x
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Ok, here's the current sign-up list. (Let me know if I confused any names...I'm still suffering from the Week of Confusion.)

Signed Up!
Knight Fisher
AIOluver
Shadowdog
Parker Family
Taps
Bookworm
Yanny

I would like to have at least 10 people before we start. That way, we have one Godfather, one normal mafia, one Cop, one Doc, two twins, and four normal townies.
Last edited by Monty on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

1. Mafia are not allowed to talk during the day time.
Wait... I'm confused a little :anxious: Could you elaborate? If a Mafia can't talk during the day, won't it be easy to find them? :shrugs:
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Sorry, I will edit my first post. Mafia are not allowed to talk to each other via pm during the daytime.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

How did I miss this?! May I still join?
*insert provocative quote here*
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Moontide wrote:Sorry, I will edit my first post. Mafia are not allowed to talk to each other via pm during the daytime.

... and Irwin... I mean ID4J :anxious: I think there is still room =D>
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Mot definitely, ID4J!

Signed Up!
Knight Fisher
AIOluver
Shadowdog
Parker Family
Taps
Bookworm
Yanny
IDANCE4JESUS

We should be able to start if two more people sign up. If not, I'll start it on Friday or Saturday, just without the twin roles.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I'll sign up, this time I don't have any camps!?
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Ok! We are starting now, or at least as soon as I get role pms sent out! I am still including the Godfather and twin roles, so we'll have one Godfather, one regular mafia, one cop, one sheriff, and two twins! The night begins now!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I will sign up as a back up player just in case someone can't play. (In other words, I will replace anyone that misses 2 votes if that is OK with Monty.)
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

is the night over?
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Yes, that is fine, Moontide, and yes, the night is over, AIOluver.

The mafia woke during the night, and searched for their victim. When they found Knight Fisher, they put maggots in his eyes and sewed them shut, leaving him to sleep until he met his fate. When the rest of the town woke up, they found the Townie in his bed, looking peaceful and asleep, but in reality, he was dead. (Note to self, never let the mafia pick the method of death again...)
Updated player list!
Knight Fisher: Townie
AIOluver
Shadowdog
Parker Family
Taps
Bookworm
Yanny
IDANCE4JESUS
Stop Wooton' Around

Kill Key:
Name=Killed by mafia
Name=Lynched
Name=Removed from game for missing two daytime votes.
You have 72 hours for this day. Please remember to indicate your vote as Vote: Screenname. Best of luck!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Monty wrote:(Note to self, never let the mafia pick the method of death again...)
Was that meant to be humorous or serious? If it’s true, then it gives a clue to the Town because it reveals something about the Mafia players’ personalities.