Guess That ToOer!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Did both get the same score? (I wasn't sure. You said it was a tie becuase they both got over 100...) If so, then the only fair thing is to give it to the person who's pm was received first.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I'd give it to the one who PMed first! :)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

If you can't decide, pick one of the names out of a hat (Bookworm's and Marvin/Gaius) that's a fair way to decide.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'd say either give it to the person who got the PM to you first.. or (since you said they got over 100) give it to the person with the most points.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I think that she means we both had like, 95 points before the last challenge. Then we passed it and got say, 120 each. So she wants to know who should get it.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I say to give it to the one who reached 100 first - like if Marvin had 90 and bookworm had 95, and you're going through the final challenge answer by answer...which one reached 100 first. Does that make sense? So if bookworm got some wrong answers in a row, Marvin could still have beat him. That's my two cents.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Gaius wrote:I think that she means we both had like, 95 points before the last challenge. Then we passed it and got say, 120 each. So she wants to know who should get it.
Good example. Yes, this is basically what happened.
*insert provocative quote here*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
Gaius wrote:I think that she means we both had like, 95 points before the last challenge. Then we passed it and got say, 120 each. So she wants to know who should get it.
Good example. Yes, this is basically what happened.
I think you got some opinions ;)

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I say to give it to the one who reached 100 first - like if Marvin had 90 and bookworm had 95, and you're going through the final challenge answer by answer...which one reached 100 first. Does that make sense? So if bookworm got some wrong answers in a row, Marvin could still have beat him. That's my two cents.
I really like this idea :) That seems as though it would be the most fair answer to the problem.
*insert provocative quote here*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I say to give it to the one who reached 100 first - like if Marvin had 90 and bookworm had 95, and you're going through the final challenge answer by answer...which one reached 100 first. Does that make sense? So if bookworm got some wrong answers in a row, Marvin could still have beat him. That's my two cents.
I really like this idea :) That seems as though it would be the most fair answer to the problem.
And no bias \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Gaius wrote:bookworm will say the opposite of what I said
I resent that. My solution is what is fair to the game, taking into account rules and play. If that happens to result in me winning it’s just because it turns out that way.
I already gave the solution, but I’ll state it again.
When you said whoever reaches 100 first, it would only mean literally first in real time if you were scoring that way, but you were not. You have been scoring challenge by challenge, at the same time. So, the winner would be whoever hit 100 after a challenge was over.
If there are two, it would either be a tie or go to the one with more points because they ‘reached’ 100 ‘further’.
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:That seems as though it would be the most fair answer to the problem.
Not exactly, because the challenges aren’t divided into parts. There isn’t a place to start and stop your answer. So there’s no way to say, for example, ‘Marvin got 3 in a row, bookworm only got 2, so Marvin is 1 ahead’ because you could start at the top, bottom, or select answers randomly. There’s no order.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

^bookworm, for that lost part, going *logically* we go from top to bottom. That's just. . .common sense :|

And to be honest, neither of us should take part in this.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Gaius wrote:bookworm, for that lost part, going *logically* we go from top to bottom. That's just. . .common sense :|
Not in all situations. When I filled in my answers I didn’t go top to bottom. I didn’t go bottom to top either, I filled in randomly when I knew one.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

True, but when we're counting up the scores, wouldn't we go top to bottom?

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Just because you happened to fill it in randomly doesn't mean there wasn't an order, and that ID4J wouldn't go one at a time from top to bottom scoring it. :- Election #3, #4, #5, etc. is a pretty straightforward, down-the-list order.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Gaius wrote:True, but when we're counting up the scores, wouldn't we go top to bottom?
If she was going to score it one at a time you mean?
I would say not necessarily, because as I said there isn’t a set way to do it. She could, but she could just as well go bottom to top. If there wasn’t a set order for answering, there isn’t a set order for checking the answers either.
But, Larua’s suggestion does seem to be the fairest (but still not completely fair) so if she wants to go that route I suppose it would suffice. So I guess top to bottom would be the way to go, just so we can settle on a method.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oh, all right, besides, I don't care :- $200 isn't a lot anyways :p

Now, if it were $2,000. . . .

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If you don’t care then I should win.

;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You can go ahead since it's not that much money :p

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well, this is a user contest not an admin one. Funds aren’t unlimited. ;)