And You Think You've Got Talent?!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

And You Think You've Got Talent?!

Post by Marvin D. »

Yes, I mean you :x Do you think YOU, the one picking your nose, you can haz enough talent to astound the world with? Yes, you say? Then enter here and now!

Oh, but you also can haz questions? I suppose I shall try to answer them for you.
I think I can haz talent, but just what do you call talent?
Anything that I can see via my computer screen that you've done works! Can you write? Send a poem or story! If you can't put two sentences together, you can sing, create a skit, swallow swords, eat cockroaches, play an instrument, yodel, or whatever you think you can do that shows that you think you've got talent.
But how do you see my talent--I dun wanna be the only person seeing it!
That's simple--once you're done with it and have a way to show it to me--whether by photo, video, text, so forth--just PM it to me with the subject "And You Think You've Got Talent Entry".
How can I stand a chance to win in the talent show?
After some time (more on that later), a poll will be made with the various entrees. Then, there'll be some time to vote for the talented entries, and then we'll have a winner.
ZOMG, WUT DA WINNER WIN?
A job well done. Get lost. Oookkkaaay...so maybe there's more. First place gets $100 and the first place trophy, second place gets $50 and the second place trophy, and $25 and the third place trophy for third place \:D/
So dat means I can vote for me?
Nope! Otherwise there wouldn't be the hair pulling when voting time comes around because you can't choose which entry looks the best (besides your own, of course). Of course, we can't be sure, so honesty counts!
Now I can go show that I can haz talent? How long can I have?
You have until July 20 to submit your entry to me. On that day (or maybe the next), I'll put up the poll, and you can start voting.
But I haz more questions! :(
Then ask me! :x
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

A whole week? This is wonderful! ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We should have a three judge panel. I’ll be the mean one. \:D/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

bookworm wrote:We should have a three judge panel. I’ll be the mean one. \:D/
If I wasn't going to submit an entry, I would be the one who is always smiling too much and is waaayyy to positive about everything. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Marvindy wrote:ZOMG, WUT DA WINNER WIN?[
That's actually an illegal word... putting a z before it is evading the edit filter and punishable by hanging. :x

My talent is law enforcement. *fires guns*
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The three panel judge idea strikes my fancy \:D/ It'd be fun to do it :-

And that was meant as "Oh my goodness", which I always add Z to to make it come out as Zoh-my-goodness (and that's how I say it). So I didn't know that I got around the filter, okay? :x

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I think it’s safely assumed that the acronym in question means gosh on here.
I wanted to use a quote from Top from years back, but apparently it’s been deleted. :(
It was people arguing about someone using it and whether it meant gosh or not, and Top came in and said something to the effect of “So he likes Orange Mango Grapes, leave him alone.”

Marvindy wrote:The three panel judge idea strikes my fancy \:D/ It'd be fun to do it :-
Let’s do it! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Okay, so we're gonna do a little panel judge thingie, but not before, during the actual voting. While you have time to vote, 3 'judges' will comment on each item, trying to do so in this manner:

Judge A: Item 1
Judge B: Item 1
Judge C: Item 1
Judge A: Item 2

And so forth, hopefully so it moves quickly enough :- Bookworm signed up as the mean judge, so 2 more people can--try not to be plain in judging if you wanna try, but so that we have 3 various silly personalities \:D/ Post here if you want to join (maybe with how you would rate something), and I'll see what I can do.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Me be good judge! \:D/ I have an extremly positive personality and can be very fair, reasonable and balanced. (and sometimes even not :p )

May I be a judge?
*insert provocative quote here*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

So we have a mean judge, a positive and sometimes reasonable judge...now we need one more personality (staged or not).

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Judging will take away three of the contestants and remove the community participation. Perfect.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

^ Sarcasm :x

Judging will make it more interesting and entertaining, you have to admit ;)
Marvindy wrote:A positive and sometimes reasonable judge.
Stress the "sometimes reasonable" :-

\:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I would be happy to be the staged personality of your choice. (Or whatever I can make up!) I won't be able to judge until July 22 though...
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:^ Sarcasm :x
It's actually not.

IDJ, bookworm, Monty, you guys should submit entries. Judging will just remove the fun of putting up a poll. >_>

My opinion, anyways.

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Why couldn't we do both. Make a poll, and have "celebrity" judges that will give their opinion on the various entries.
EDIT: I would be happy to submit an entry, but what I wanted to do simply cannot get done between now and Monday which is when I leave for camp.
Last edited by Monty on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't see the point... except to make a couple of users feel like they have an official position and won't have to submit an entry. ;)

I'm wearing my grouch face today, in case you didn't notice. *needs to take a happy pill*

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Marvindy wrote:Okay, so we're gonna do a little panel judge thingie, but not before, during the actual voting.
(Bold added.)

I think the intention is to have a poll still, but just add in the judges' comments to add to the fun. My brother got me watching America's Got Talent this season :anxious: and half of the fun is watching Howie and Piers disagree about whether something was hilarious or dreadful or both. ;) A poll is definitely the most fair way to choose the winner, but a little witty banter while we all vote sounds entertaining to me!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I'm ready with my troupe of highly talented cockroaches, which have been painstakingly trained to dance Merengue to Carlos Santana. Unfortunately - and here's the bad news - they are quire camera shy so you guys are just going to have to take my word for it. \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Catspaw wrote:
Marvindy wrote:Okay, so we're gonna do a little panel judge thingie, but not before, during the actual voting.
(Bold added.)

I think the intention is to have a poll still, but just add in the judges' comments to add to the fun. My brother got me watching America's Got Talent this season :anxious: and half of the fun is watching Howie and Piers disagree about whether something was hilarious or dreadful or both. ;) A poll is definitely the most fair way to choose the winner, but a little witty banter while we all vote sounds entertaining to me!
I've been watching some of America's Got Talent as well :yes: it's pretty entertaining. :D

And I think this contest and having judges sounds awesome!

Till the end of the line.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Catspaw wrote:
(Bold added.)
Marvin, why do you not add clarificational bolding to all of your posts? It makes things so much easier. \:D/

Thanks, Catspaw.