Talent Entries-Discussion

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Shall we continue without IDJ? And she can post her thoughts when she can? We are running out of days...
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We can if you want, or if you want to try waiting one more day you and her can find a time you are sure you will be on tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning/early afternoon and I will be able to make it.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:you are sure you will be on tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning/early afternoon and I will be able to make it.
The only time that I could do it is like... after 1am.

LET'S GO. IDJ, join when you can. \:D/
Entry 3: Story
Robot 312 from Factory 12
Watching, an extremely annoying robot drifted though space. It crash landed on an asteroid with a small research station on it. "A bomb is flying to destroy y--", It yelled with it's last bit of power. Rosaleen, the bothersome engineer, quickly decided to fling a stone at the bomb. Scanning for it, she rotated the cargo catapult to shoot. She put on her space suit, grabbed a rock and put it in the catapult. The projectile was closing in. She frantically yelled for one of the other crew to shoot it, but they didn't not respond. She then remembered to use her radio, and the crew shot the rock at the bomb. An explosion went off. The crew cheered because they were safe, but I know that they will not be safe for long. Heh Heh.
DAWG, DAWG DAWG, I HATE TAKING LIKE THIS. It’s over... I am now going post my thoughts through meme images. :x

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Watching, an extremely annoying robot drifted though space. It crash landed on an asteroid with a small research station on it. "A bomb is flying to destroy y--", It yelled with it's last bit of power. Rosaleen, the bothersome engineer, quickly decided to fling a stone at the bomb. Scanning for it, she rotated the cargo catapult to shoot. She put on her space suit, grabbed a rock and put it in the catapult. The projectile was closing in. She frantically yelled for one of the other crew to shoot it, but they didn't not respond. She then remembered to use her radio, and the crew shot the rock at the bomb. An explosion went off. The crew cheered because they were safe, but I know that they will not be safe for long. Heh Heh.
A miserable piece of writing. Multiple grammar errors, and the story doesn’t make sense. There’s no fulfillment of the ambiguous comment at the end. I have never read such a disjoined jumble of words.

* The above post was made in character and does not necessarily represent the views of bookworm. No offense meant.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Entry 4: Music Video

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Bad lighting and bad sound quality! Watching that strained my eyes and ears! And you were backing yourself up with some kind of drum track, clearly an attempt to make you sound better.

* The above post was made in character and does not necessarily represent the views of bookworm. No offense meant.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Entry 5: Photography (titled Sprinkles)

© Rosiebud Pictures 2011

This image was rather lame. :anxious:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

© Rosiebud Pictures 2011
I almost liked this one at first glance, I have a soft spot for rats, but upon closer review this is just as bad as the rest. What on earth was the photographer thinking? Rats in a teapot? Disgusting!

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I think it was a milk pot. :x
Entry 6: Music Video

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Sorry about the delay guys, I've had to take care of my real life :x

Here are most of mine...I can't be online for the next four or five days, so I shall post the remaining ones tomorrow \:D/
Entry 2: Video
Love the green background \:D/

A magic trick is very unique...I applaud you for that ;)

Your hand goes off of the screen one time...it gives the impression that you might have thrown the cloth aside or something like that :anxious:

Beyond that, the only other thing that I can say is that you should paint your fingernails \:D/
I laughed at the end, it was truly amusing \:D/ I noted several grammatical and punctuation errors, but the story was quite clever.
One of my favorite songs :) The lighting was kind of dim...and I think that the separate track playing distracted from your own excellent piano work. Speaking as a previous piano player, I compliment you on your beautiful hand posture throughout the entire song :D

© Rosiebud Pictures 2011
Out of mere curiosity, is that a personal pet? He/she is irresistibly adorable :inlove: Lovely camera work. An excellent series of photographs. I can only hope that the teapot was empty when you took these pictures \:D/
I just noted while scrolling through the entries that there are a lot of videos in this talent contest \:D/ Minor note... :-

Wow. Oh, wow. That was amazing. Superb. Excellent. Astonishing. Mind blowing :huh: It was so good that I cannot think of any more words to describe it \:D/ And I love your piano because it looks freshly wiped. So clean that we could see the reflection of your hands playing \:D/

I also enjoyed the way that you added small hand flourishes here and there. This made it much more entertaining to watch :yes:

Another great song selection as well! \:D/
Entry 7: Music Video
You have a lovely voice :) That was an excellent song choice for you. Quite beautiful :) I was impressed. And your guitar playing was well done. It is easy to see that a lot of work went into this.

I will be posting my other reviews tomorrow morning.
*insert provocative quote here*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm, when you get online, maybe you could review #7, but also post #8 and #9?

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Playing a piano in socks? Terribly unclassy. You should be wearing dress shoes! And on that note you should be in a suit, or at least something more dignified than a T-shirt! And I think I heard one wrong note.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Can't wait to see who wins this.

Entry 8: Poetry
If you are a Poet
Rules of a poet or The Poet Code of Conduct

If you can write poetry, and speak it well
And make people smile as you tell.
If you can speak in frightening tones
Or make people stop talking on their cell phones.

If you can smile and you can speak,
Poetry is not something you want to eat.
If you can write so rather fast,
Do not try to write about an arctic blast

If you can sing a balled or two
Poetry is obviously not for you
If you can write with both of your hands,
You must be the best poet in all of the lands.

If you can tragedy, sadness, allo
Poetry is obviously the best thing to do.
If you are handy with paper and pen,
Well then your poetry must be on much demand

If you can Rhyme a letter of two,
Do not worry, you have little to do.
If you can speak in very hushed tones,
You must be a poet my friend for you are not alone.

If you can write with meter and rhyme,
You should be a poet, for you would be fine.
If you like to make people smile,
A poet is your job it does not take a while.

If happiness is your expertise,
You should get a salary increase.
If you are kind, gentle, and wild,
Don’t worry we will tame you to be like a child.

If you can perfect and imperfect world,
I know it’s a job that so awfully absurd
If you like words, this is your job

Follow these rules unless your name is Bob.
These are our rules, so sad, but true.
If you were a poet, would you follow these too?
Well done \:D/ I really enjoyed this. A poem about poems and poets \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Entry 7: Music Video
Terrible acoustics. The guitar was overpowering your voice. And why were you wearing green? I hate green.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

You are a mean judge :( Very critical.

Entry 9: Creative Photography
Extremely creative piece of work. The shadows in the box, the colors, it looks so real. This is a fabulous entry :yes:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Entry 8: Poetry
If you are a Poet
Rules of a poet or The Poet Code of Conduct

If you can write poetry, and speak it well
And make people smile as you tell.
If you can speak in frightening tones
Or make people stop talking on their cell phones.

If you can smile and you can speak,
Poetry is not something you want to eat.
If you can write so rather fast,
Do not try to write about an arctic blast

If you can sing a balled or two
Poetry is obviously not for you
If you can write with both of your hands,
You must be the best poet in all of the lands.

If you can tragedy, sadness, allo
Poetry is obviously the best thing to do.
If you are handy with paper and pen,
Well then your poetry must be on much demand

If you can Rhyme a letter of two,
Do not worry, you have little to do.
If you can speak in very hushed tones,
You must be a poet my friend for you are not alone.

If you can write with meter and rhyme,
You should be a poet, for you would be fine.
If you like to make people smile,
A poet is your job it does not take a while.

If happiness is your expertise,
You should get a salary increase.
If you are kind, gentle, and wild,
Don’t worry we will tame you to be like a child.

If you can perfect and imperfect world,
I know it’s a job that so awfully absurd
If you like words, this is your job

Follow these rules unless your name is Bob.
These are our rules, so sad, but true.
If you were a poet, would you follow these too?
Ugh, I detest poetry. Not all of it, but much of it. I was really hoping no one would enter a poem in this contest, but I had a feeling at least one person would. Poems like this are physically painful for me to read, but I forced myself to get through it so I could make my review. All I have to say is the second verse is spot on, you certainly don’t want to eat poetry. Especially poetry like this, it would make you sick.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Entry 10: Music Video
A homemade music video in a trailer \:D/ Looks really crowded in there. My only complaint would be that the lead singer's lips aren't matching with the words that are playing :anxious: This makes the video seem kind of fake...

...but otherwise, I was greatly amused. All of the musicians were so full out \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Entry 9: Creative Photography
I am at a complete loss in understanding this image. If that guy can magically pop out of boxes wherever he wants, why would he decide to use that ability to play a piano? Ridiculous.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Entry 11: Video/Photoshopping
Can't wait to see AE's thoughts on this entry \:D/

I like the background music. That was a clever way to illustrate a moral that is taught in the Bible :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Entry 10: Music Video
Your voice was too quiet, I couldn’t hear most of what you said. But what I could hear wasn’t great anyway, lots of mumbling and faltering punctuated by random vocalizations. And your ‘talent’ is illegal anyway. Redubbing a music video is copyright infringement. Your entry shouldn’t have even been allowed in this contest!