Talent Entries-Discussion

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Talent Entries-Discussion

Post by Marvin D. »

Right here, our three judges--bookworm, AE, and IDJ--will discuss the wonderful entries that we received in our And You Think You've Got Talent?! contest. Each one can introduce themselves right before they comment on the entries, as long as they aren't too flowery about their entry, if applicable.

A quick summary about each one:
bookworm wrote:I’ll be the mean one. \:D/
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:I have an extremely positive personality and can be very reasonable when needed (and sometimes even when not needed :P).
American Eagle wrote:I'm the one who always says "yo dawg" and stuff. :hippy:
All right, judges. Just a quick note. You have 11 entries to judge, and exactly 7 days to do it in. Hence, you won't be able to judge one item per day. Perhaps what you can do is to give your opinion on all eleven entries, and then go through each the entries in more detail. Just as long as you try to finish in this week ;)

Get busy :x
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So you want us to each post our thoughts on all of them at once?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

So that at least you get through them that way, yes, and then you can go through them more detailed.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

This could take longer than seven days... :-

...but I shall do my best \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Entry 1: Graphic Design
Sup, entry #1. Wez all know youse a lady friend because no dawg would ever make, ya know... stuff like that.

Baby, I know you worked hard on that picture... yeah, yeah, yeah. When I saw "ptL photography", I was like sweeeeet. Smooth move making it a big L. I got nothing bad to say.

Note: My slang talk should improve over time.. I'm still working on it. *wink*
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well, AE apparently didn’t follow your instructions. :x
But I think there’s long enough to comment on the entries one at a time.
As long as we’re online at the same time we can go through more than one a day.
I have to go soon today, but I’ll be on most of tomorrow afternoon. If the other judges are on we can breeze through them easily. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Heh, yeah, I didn't even bother to look at the instructions. :anxious: Whatever we do, it's time to get going! \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

I was told to introduce myself before commenting on entries :-

Hello, I am IDANCE4JESUS! \:D/ You can call me IDANCE, most girls on the forum do, or if you happen to be Marv or AE, you can call me IDJ. Or, my most common nickname is ID4J. Whatever woks ;)

I have a lot of hobbies, and if you really want the full list, you can visit my profile. Mainly, I am here to judge because I like being critical, argumentative, sarcastic and annoying \:D/

Not really, only occasionally ;) I am here to judge because I believe that everyone has hidden talents that have been bestowed upon them by God. I want to be able to encourage everyone in their gifts and abilities.

...and that's about it \:D/

Now comes the fun part :badgrin:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Simply terrible. The text has nothing to do with the image, it’s talking about women not cats! And what kind of cat is that anyway? Clearly the proper cat for the image would be a Siamese.

* The above post was made in character and does not necessarily represent the views of bookworm. No offense meant.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Woooow, dawg. You sure know how to lay it on. ;)

IDJ, after you critique #1, let's do two at a time to make sure we're done in a week. Sound good?

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I think one at a time is fine. I’ll be on for a few hours, so if you’re still on and she’s on we can go through them pretty quick. :) (I have my comments all ready, so I just need to post them at the proper times.)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I have to work tonight until 11pm, and don't have anything written. :anxious:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why don’t you (both) write them over the weekend and we’ll find a time all three of us are on Monday and we’ll post them.
This goes until Wednesday, right?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

That sounds decent... or perhaps we could work on it over the weekend, but post a few comments in the meantime.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was going to suggest that, except I won’t be on over the weekend. ;)
But Monday afternoon I’ll be ready to go.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

*goes to write some yo dawg criticisms for Monday*

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Sounds good to me \:D/ *writes comments for Monday*
I personally love this entry \:D/

A bible verse graphic with a adorable kitty cat? What on earth could be cuter?! :mad: I think it would be more effective if the words were a tad bigger...but beyond that, it is marvelous! A truly epic idea.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Alright, let’s do this. :)

Edit:

...and I’m the only one here.
You two better get on soon or I don’t know what we’ll do. :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Entry 2: Video
Oh snap, you’re good. First I was like whoa, and then I was like whoahhh, and then I was like whoa... I must question the decision to wear a green board as a shirt, but dawg, you were like... all that.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Entry 2: Video
A good trick, but a bad performance. When you made the cloth disappear your hand went off-screen! That completely ruined the effect. Your hand also dips off-screen before you make it reappear, which suggests that you simply threw the cloth away and then picked it up again. So either your trick is exposed, or you did it so poorly it was suspicious.

* The above post was made in character and does not necessarily represent the views of bookworm. No offense meant.