The ToO Instrument Talent Competition! POLL! Vote now!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.

Which entries do you like best?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:50 pm

20%
13%
13%
No votes
7%
27%
7%
13%

Total votes: 15

Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Thank you, everybody for not voting for me. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You were my third choice, but Dan didn’t give enough options.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Very nice music everyone! =D>
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

bookworm wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote: \:D/ I feel we should be friends! Complimenting the violin is a sure way to win points with me.
\:D/ We should! I really love violin music, it gives me chills. (good ones)
yay, me too! What kind of violin music do you like? (classical, romantic, minimalism, jazz, blues, etc.)
Jesus' Princess wrote:Smaug, I play the violin as well, and I really liked the solo, you sounded very nice.
haha, it was really bad. \:D/ It was the only violin piece I had that I could play piano accompaniment and I wanted to stick some violin music in. I hadn't played that in a year or two, so I was quite rusty.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Thank you, the one person who voted for me! ;)

And because I'm not on the main computer, I can't see any of the videos. I shall watch them as soon as possible and post my reactions. :yes: Congrats ric!

\:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Thanks, Lee. \:D/

Bluegrass is epic. And folk music with the violin. :yes:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Lee wrote:Thank you, the one person who voted for me! ;)

And because I'm not on the main computer, I can't see any of the videos. I shall watch them as soon as possible and post my reactions. :yes: Congrats ric!
Actually it looks like two people voted for you Lee :)
ric wrote:Thanks, Lee. \:D/

Bluegrass is epic. And folk music with the violin. :yes:
Agreed. Well, most bluegrass, there are some songs that have bad lyrics, but the good songs are epic :yes:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

@JP *heh* The other voter that voted for Lee was Lee. :incnt:

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Oh, I see :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote: \:D/ I feel we should be friends! Complimenting the violin is a sure way to win points with me.
yay, me too! What kind of violin music do you like? (classical, romantic, minimalism, jazz, blues, etc.)
I just like the instrument. Pretty much anything that works it in is good with me. ;)
I didn’t know Skillet had a violinist until I saw them live, that totally changed my opinion of them. Before I thought ‘Eh, they’re okay’ but now I say ‘Rock music with a violin? Epic!’ \:D/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

bookworm wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:
bookworm wrote:
I just like the instrument. Pretty much anything that works it in is good with me. ;)
I didn’t know Skillet had a violinist until I saw them live, that totally changed my opinion of them. Before I thought ‘Eh, they’re okay’ but now I say ‘Rock music with a violin? Epic!’ \:D/
They have a violinist? \:D/ I shall have to look them up. I've heard a few of their songs, but was never a big fan of rock. However, with the addition of violin...
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:
bookworm wrote:
They have a violinist? \:D/ I shall have to look them up. I've heard a few of their songs, but was never a big fan of rock. However, with the addition of violin...
You should look up Reilly. It's a Christian rock/pop band that actually uses the violin extensively - much more than Skillet.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:I've heard a few of their songs, but was never a big fan of rock. However, with the addition of violin...
Exactly! \:D/
He’s really good. Each member did a solo after every few songs, and his was amazing.

Edit:

This isn’t the concert I was at, but it’s the same piece.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I'm finally taking the time to watch/listen to the videos. #1 is absolutely beautiful. Polished up a bit, it sounds like something off of a professional CD. :yes:JP, I love that song. :inlove: I have a version of that I like to play as well. :) I should record it so you can hear it sometime. You did really great too. Ric, fantastic job. I'd love to hear you play a recognizable song sometime because you're really talented. :yes: Smaug, out of your two awesome vids, the piano was my favorite. I don't believe I've ever really heard that song before and you did a really nice job with it.

Good job, all of you talented people!

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Lee, I'd love to hear your version sometime! I love that song as well :inlove:
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

With dial-up I could not hear or submit one. However this year I am taking my Tuba to District playing Group 1 (hardest) solo. If you get a Gold you can go to state. Normal progression I would be taking a group 2 solo but I skipped a year. We are actually voted by college professors. I hope to get a gold so I can go to the ISSMA State contest. Any student whether in a 5A or A school can go there. So to get a gold at district is hard because the judges want to send someone that will represent them well. So if I make it (which is rare for a sophomore) I will be playing among the very best in the state.

Anywho I'm sure you all did wonderful and I wish I could hear it without wanting until my death to listen to it.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Well, I have dial-up too. I just used the library and church computers to download the videos.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Lee, I'd love to hear your version sometime! I love that song as well :inlove:
I'll have to work on it someday and upload it for you then. :)

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Lee wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:Lee, I'd love to hear your version sometime! I love that song as well :inlove:
I'll have to work on it someday and upload it for you then. :)
Thanks! that would be really cool :)