Design A Cover For My NaNoWriMo Novel! [CLOSED]

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Design A Cover For My NaNoWriMo Novel! [CLOSED]

Post by Fang-wa »

Hiya folks! I'm doing NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, in doing so accepting the challenge of writing 50k words in 30 days (November). :huh: I would really like a book cover for my novel, but I can't draw hardly at all.

SO. If you draw me a book cover, I will give you (virtual ToO) money for your trouble. I'm not sure how much, but it'll probably be at least $10 (if I run out of money you may have to wait for a little while until I obtain enough to pay you, though :P ).

I'd like whatever you make in the way of a cover to be original work, though. With drawing or sketching this shouldn't be as much of a problem, but this means for graphic design that all of the photographs should have been taken by you and not just gathered from a random site on the internet. ;)

I don't want to give specifics about the cover itself because I'd like to see what you all come up with. :B For a basic...uh...synopsis, here is my story's synopsis:
After having forcibly taking the throne from the liked King Arthius, the new king, King Vicini, has a mission. He is determined to bring the people of his kingdom into a New Age--an age where destructive practices like war, thievery, and hatred for one another is forgotten. But to do this King Vicini is attacking history itself, confiscating books containing anything historical and destroying them.

Amid the kingdom's people mixed with supporters, resisters, and those uncertain is Riptide. Called "Rip" by everyone who knows him, he was orphaned at a young age and since then raised and apprenticed by Signor Cirri, a cartographer and resister when King Vicini took power only two years ago. The two, master and apprentice, worked to subtly create trouble for the King's Officers who enforced his destruction of history in every town.

Until one night, when Rip is sent to assist in a bigger movement against the king and the course of his life is thrown to an entirely different level. Hurled into a fast-paced madness with people he is told to trust by the only man he does fully trust, Rip's quiet world as an apprentice is replaced by one filled with action, suspense, mystery, and undeniable danger as he fights to protect history and the memory of things past. But can he and his mismatched collection of allies change the fate of an entire kingdom? And what will it cost them for trying?
Edit: The tentative title is "A King, a History, and a Riptide"
Last edited by Fang-wa on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

The synopsis sounds epic! \:D/ I'd love to give the cover a go, but don't be counting on me as a participant. It will likely be quite awful. \:D/
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Well, I'd love to do it, but I'm busy with my own novel, and it would more than likely turn out plain terrible. :P But if you can't find anyone, I might be able to find someone who could.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Haha it's fine guys; I'll take any cover submissions, however terrible! \:D/

Well I guess that's a good excuse, MB... ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I cannot draw at all, but I will submit something just so you’re sure to have something. (In case no one else sends anything.)
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Poor Ninja sends out a cry for artists and gets a bunch of people all offering to produce a terrible piece of artwork and send it in out of pity... :(

;) does your story have a name, or are we allowed to know that?
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Thanks booky! \:D/

Haha! xD Yeah well NaNo is quantity over quality so it's probably not a very good novel either. So it's okay, people. :P

Oh lol good point. I edited that into the first post. The tentative title is "A King, a History, and a Riptide", but if you can think of something better... ;)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Ninja! \:D/

I can try to submit something...but I can't give any promises on the quality of it :p
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I shall try to come up with something brilliant \:D/

any particular date you want this by?

Till the end of the line.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I'm not sure. ASAP? =P lol When do you guys think you could have stuff done by? Seems like it might be nice to have them before the Christmas season starts, that way I'll have them and you guys won't have to fret over them during then. :-k

What think y'all?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

If nobody sends anything in, I will provide a picture of a baby snail to use. :(
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Hmmm.....I will try work on them, amid other busy tasks :)

But if dont' get it done before break, then I'll definitely try and finish after.

Till the end of the line.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Well, now that November is over and I'm putting my novel away for a month, I might be able to try to make something for you. No promises though.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Just curious, have you seen the movie Equilibrium?
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Thanks guys. :) No, ric, I have not seen it. Sounds like a cool name though. ^.^
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I sent mine in! It turned out better than I expected. \:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Invisible Ninja wrote:Thanks guys. :) No, ric, I have not seen it. Sounds like a cool name though. ^.^
It's just that your story reminded me of the plot a bit. :yes:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You mean I designed a cover for plagiarism? :x
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

bookworm wrote:You mean I designed a cover for plagiarism? :x
It wasn't exactly alike or anything. Just the part about burning all books and stuff to keep the peace. Equilibrium was a dystopian sci-fi though, and I'm guessing IN's story is more fantasy/action/adventure.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

please post a link to the novel as a prize to whoever makes a cover! \:D/