Odyssey Scattergories

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

King Butter Turtle wrote:For 'a character's first name', 'Aubrey' and 'Agnes' canceled out. 'Ashley' (Jenkins), 'Arthur' (Dent) and 'Amber' (Just Say Yes) each scored. Other correct answers include 'Austin', 'Artie', 'Armitage', 'Amy', 'Abraham' and many more.
Awww, I should have gone with Alex. :( That's who I thought of right off, but then I thought he might be too common and decided on Agnes. Oh well. :P
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

American Eagle wrote:A Lesson from Mike seriously counted for love/romance? It's about dealing with grief and reaching out to unpopular kids. I don't see the love story... at all. :anxious:
It's a bit of a stretch, yes, but, aiowiki lists its themes as 'love, reaching out to others and showing God's love to everyone'. While it's certainly not a romantic sort of love, I consider the lesson learned (from Mike :anxious: ) to relate to love in the 'expressing God's' sense of the term.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
American Eagle wrote:A Lesson from Mike seriously counted for love/romance? It's about dealing with grief and reaching out to unpopular kids. I don't see the love story... at all. :anxious:
It's a bit of a stretch, yes, but, aiowiki lists its themes as 'love, reaching out to others and showing God's love to everyone'. While it's certainly not a romantic sort of love, I consider the lesson learned (from Mike :anxious: ) to relate to love in the 'expressing God's' sense of the term.
It's your call. If I had known that any episode where a character shows love to a character counts, though, I could've entered about 700 different episodes. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

American Eagle wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
It's your call. If I had known that any episode where a character shows love to a character counts, though, I could've entered about 700 different episodes. \:D/

Someone's a little bitter about the zero points they scored this last round. :anxious: ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My Round 3 submissions:
1. Agnes Riley
2. A Name, Not A Number
3. Artificial Plants (in Suspicious Minds)
4. Animatronic Whit (cover of In Your Wildest Dreams)
5. America Sings
6. Always
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Here are my Round 3 submissions:
1. A Character's First Name: Ashley Jenkins
2. A Multi-Part Episode: A Name Not A Number
3. Something in Whit's End: Apple Sauce
4. A Scene that Appears in Album Art: A Flight to the Finish
5. An Odyssey Spoof of a Real World Person or Product: Arnold Schwarzenbanger
6. An Episode that has Something to do with Love or Romance: Aloha, Oy! parts 1, 2 and 3
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

ROUND 4
LETTER = 'F'
1. A kid character's name
2. An adult character's name
3. Something at the Timothy Center
4. An episode that includes a family (i.e. - at least one scene that includes members of one family exclusively or almost exclusively - extended families count)
5. A location in Odyssey
6. An episode that has at least one scene that takes place in Bible times
The Deadline is Tuesday Night!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Would a nickname be allowed?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

King Butter Turtle wrote:1. A kid character's name
First, last, or either?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Jehosaphat wrote:Would a nickname be allowed?
Um... PM me what you're thinking and I'll decide. :anxious: Yay for spontaneous rule decisions. \:D/
bookworm wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:1. A kid character's name
First, last, or either?
First, please. :)
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Nevermind I found a better one.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Round 4 Scores

Graces4you - 5
shadowdog - 3
American Eagle - 2
bookworm - 2
Laura Ingalls - 2
snubs - 2
Woody - 2
Jehosaphat - 0
Jesus' Princess - 0

Scores After Round 4

Laura Ingalls - 15
shadowdog - 10
bookworm - 8
Woody - 7
Graces4you - 6
snubs - 5
American Eagle - 4
Jehosophat - 3
Jesus' Princess - 1
aussie aio fan - 0

Both of the name categories were a little fuzzy. Namely (haha :anxious: ) because there's like a million Fred/Freddys! :x But, the category asked for a 'character's name', not a 'character' so, if one person said Freddy thinking of Freddy (b) and another person said Freddy thinking of Freddy (c), they canceled out. However, if one person just said 'Freddy' and another said 'Freddy Hart' (which happened), I counted that. So basically, I counted full names as being separate from lone first names but, didn't count first names as being separate from full names with that first name, regardless of the fact that there may be a character with that first name and no last name. I hope you follow that. :anxious: Otherwise... take my word for it. ;)

So, for 'a kid character's name', as I mentioned above, I counted 'Freddy Hart' but did not count the various 'Freddy'/'Freddie' submissions. A couple people specified that they meant the Freddy who appears in Connie Comes to Town which is even more borderline but, luckily they canceled out, rendering the submission's fuzziness moot. (ooh - that was fun to say \:D/ ) I also didn't accept 'Felicia' as a kid nor did I accept 'Fred Wright' who is mentioned in More Like Alicia but, doesn't have a speaking part.

Then, for 'an adult character's name', 'Fred Holstein' canceled out along with 'Felicia'. I also considered 'Fred' to cancel out along with the Holsteins as per the aforementioned paradigm. Scoring responses included 'Foster Smith-Hammer' (Fifth House on the Left), 'Fox Fletcher' (Nothing but the Half Truth) (the only double score this round =D> ), 'Fiona' (Thank You, God) and 'Flavius' (A Prisoner for Christ). Other correct answers include F. Bailey Babcock (The Merchant of Odyssey), Fanny Crosby (Hymn Writers), Fenimore Cooper (A Victim of Circumstance) and a few (but, not many) others.

'Something at the Timothy Center' was also rather ambiguous. I decided to only accept concrete nouns that have been specifically mentioned or implied in episodes but, as long as a response met those criteria, I judged them pretty broadly. 'Fences' counted because in The Quality of Mercy, Scott Williams breaks a fence on Tom Riley's farm and we know it's the same property. 'Forest' counted because it's been noted in several episodes and 'food' counted because of the food fight in You Win Some, You Lose Some. 'Floor'/'Floorboards' (Malachi's Message) also would have counted but, they canceled out. Answers that I did not accept were 'Family Cabin' since it's never been referred to as that, 'Free Time' since it's not a concrete noun (had I accepted things like 'fun', 'friendship', etc. it would have been far too vague) and 'feed' since it's never been specifically mentioned to my knowledge. We can assume that, since there are animals there, there must be feed but, by those parameters 'fridge' or... 'fiskar scissors' would have had to count and then... what's the point. :-k

For 'an episode that includes a family', 'Family Values' canceled out. Other than that, all responses scored; 'First Hand Experience' (Bernard and Eugene count), 'For the Fun of It' (the Bassetts), 'Forever, Amen' (the Schmidts), 'For Better or For Worse' (the Meltsners), 'Forgive Us as We Forgive' (the Myers) and 'For the Birds' (the Parkers). Other correct answers include Fair-Weather Fans, Father's Day, Fences, Feud for Thought and probably at least a few others.

For 'a location in Odyssey', there were several easy answers but, to get points, you had to think outside the box. Finneman's Market, Frank's Breakfast Inn and Fillmore Recreation Center each canceled out. The only scoring answers were 'Fraley's Laundromet' (an impressive catch from a KODY commercial in Top This!) and 'First Church' (A Question About Tasha). The only other correct answer I can think of is Fishbine's Department Store. *looks it up* Ooh - First National Bank of Odyssey also would have counted. :)

For 'an episode that has at least one scene that takes place in Bible times', there were no correct answers submitted, nor are there any to my knowledge. (remember, I come up with the categories before choosing a random letter so, I wasn't expecting 'F' ;) That's just the way it goes sometimes :) ) A few people tried things like '(by) Faith Noah', '(B-TV:) Forgiveness' and 'For the Fun of It' :-s but, I couldn't count any of them.

Great job, everyone! =D> The fifth and final round should be up soon. :D
Last edited by King Butter Turtle on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My Round 4 submissions:
2. Foster Smith-Hammer
3. Floor where Timmy’s box was found
4. First Hand Experience
5. Frank’s Breakfast Inn
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

My list
1. A kid character's name
Freddy from Connie Comes to Town
Felicia "Living in the Gray"
4. An episode that includes a family (i.e. - at least one scene that includes members of one family exclusively or almost exclusively - extended families count)
Family Values
5. A location in Odyssey
Frank's Breakfast Inn
6. An episode that has at least one scene that takes place in Bible times
(by) Faith Noah
My online family
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Hmm, you didn't say the kid character had to speak in order to be counted. :-k Oh well.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

My answers:
1. A kid character's name Freddy Hart
2. An adult character's name Fox Fletcher
3. Something at the Timothy Center Family Cabin- I just listened to Opening Day again and Tom asks the Shepherds if they want to work there and he says they could fix up one of the family sized cabins, oh well ;)
4. An episode that includes a family (i.e. - at least one scene that includes members of one family exclusively or almost exclusively - extended families count) Family Values
5. A location in Odyssey Fraley's Laundromat(Advertisement in Top this)
Last edited by Graces4you on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

American Eagle wrote:Hmm, you didn't say the kid character had to speak in order to be counted. :-k Oh well.
dictionary.com wrote:'character' - a person represented in a play, film, story, etc; role
To me, a character is only 'represented' if they require an actor. Otherwise, they're only referred to. Gosh - you guys make me get all technical! ;)
Graces4you wrote:3. Something at the Timothy Center Family Cabin- I just listened to Opening Day again and Tom asks the Shepherds if they want to work there and he says they could fix up one of the family sized cabins, oh well ;)
I'm glad you mentioned that. I just listened to the episode and you're totally right! :) Well... he says 'family-sized cabins' so the F is only in an adjective but, he does say that specifically so, I'll go ahead and give it to you. I assumed you were talking about Timmy's Cabin. *score changed* :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My answers:
1. A kid character's name: Freddie (I was thinking of Freddie Hart, but didn't put the last name as I didn't think it counted. :-)
2. An adult character's name: Fiona
3. Something at the Timothy Center: Floorboards
4. An episode that includes a family: Forever, Amen
5. A location in Odyssey: Finneman's Market (I knew others would get that one, but couldn't come up with anything else. I thought of Fishbine's, but then I was thinking it was from All's Well With Boswell and re-listened. The lady was Mrs. Fishbine and the store Robyn goes to is Greenblatts. Is there really a Fishbine's in another episode?)
6. ? Couldn't come up with anything.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Laura Ingalls wrote:5. A location in Odyssey: Finneman's Market (I knew others would get that one, but couldn't come up with anything else. I thought of Fishbine's, but then I was thinking it was from All's Well With Boswell and re-listened. The lady was Mrs. Fishbine and the store Robyn goes to is Greenblatts. Is there really a Fishbine's in another episode?)
Uh... make that Fishbine's Jewelers. It's in Gifts for Madge and Guy, which is actually a story so, I guess it's not in Odyssey. AIO wiki also says that Mrs. Fishbine (from All's Well with Boswell) is the wife of the owner of Fishbine's Jewelers but, I'm not sure how we know that. Maybe you're right. :-k
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Here our my answers to Round 4:
1. A kid character's name: Felicia
2. An adult character's name: Flavius
3. Something at the Timothy Center: Feed (as in horse feed)
4. An episode that includes a family: Forgive Us As We Forgive
5. A location in Odyssey: Fillmore Recreation Center
6. An episode that has at least one scene that takes place in Bible times: B-TV: Forgiveness (idk)

For #3, I was going to say "families," but I figured other people would've said that...and I thought it sounded vague.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |