Odyssey Scattergories

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Do Double Dip surprise and Darkness before Dawn count as two points each???
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
snubs wrote:...And Mr. Dierdorf was in an episode. The character was played by Will Ryan in the episode "The Twilife Zone." *nods*
*listens to the episode*

You're right! Wow - very impressive. -score changed
Thanks. I can always spot Will Ryan. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Woody wrote:Do Double Dip surprise and Darkness before Dawn count as two points each???
Shoot - now, I realized that not only did I forget your score but, I forgot to add your entries to my submission spreadsheet so, other people actually submitted Darkness Before Dawn and Darien's Rise. ](*,) I'm obviously horrible at this. ;) Since it was my mistake, I'll give you credit for them, of course but, I didn't give the other person double for Dakrness Before Dawn, though, so I won't do that - it has to be consecutive words but, 'double dip surprise' certainly does count for two. :yes: -scores changed again :roll:

Round 3 should be up soon. :)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Since it was my mistake, I'll give you credit for them
What do you mean by that? If they cancel out they cancel out.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Do I get double for Double Raspberry Delight Shake?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

ROUND 3
LETTER = 'A'
1. A Character's First Name
2. A Multi-Part Episode
3. Something in Whit's End
4. A Scene that Appears in Album Art
5. An Odyssey Spoof of a Real World Person or Product (as it is mentioned in AIO - not the name of the real life person or product who is spoofed)
6. An Episode that has Something to do with Love or Romance
The Deadline is Sunday Night!
Last edited by King Butter Turtle on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

King Butter Turtle wrote:4. A Scene that Appears in Album Art
How are we supposed to answer this question? With the episode the scene is from? or...?

King Butter Turtle wrote:5. An Odyssey Spoof of a Real World Person or Product
^And for this one, do we have to name the real person or product? or the spoofed character or thing?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:5. An Odyssey Spoof of a Real World Person or Product
^And for this one, do we have to name the real person or product? or the spoofed character or thing?
King Butter Turtle wrote:as it is mentioned in AIO - not the name of the real life person or product who is spoofed
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Got it. That's what I was wondering.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Important Game Note - There will be 2 more rounds. (4 and 5) The winner will receive $200, second place will get $75 and third place will get $25.

Round 3 Scores

Laura Ingalls - 5
shadowdog - 5
bookworm - 3
snubs - 1
Woody - 1
Graces4you - 1
American Eagle - 0 :(

Scores After Round 3

Laura Ingalls - 13
shadowdog - 7
bookworm - 6
Woody - 5
Jehosophat - 3
snubs - 3
American Eagle - 2
Graces4you - 1
Jesus' Princess
aussie aio fan - 0

For 'a character's first name', 'Aubrey' and 'Agnes' canceled out. 'Ashley' (Jenkins), 'Arthur' (Dent) and 'Amber' (Just Say Yes) each scored. Other correct answers include 'Austin', 'Artie', 'Armitage', 'Amy', 'Abraham' and many more.

For 'a multi-part episode', 'A Name, Not A Number' canceled out. 'A Time for Action', 'A Member of the Family' and 'A Touch of Healing' all scored. The other correct answers were 'A Look Back', 'A New Era', 'Aloha, Oy!' and 'An Adventure in Bethany'. (Which would have counted double - the only such correct response this round. -that I can think of, anyway :-k ) I also probably would have accepted 'A Most Intriguing Question/A Most Surprising Answer/A Most Extraordinary Conclusion' as well.

For, 'something in Whit's End', 'Applesauce' canceled out. Scoring answers included 'Arcade games', 'armor' (of God display in the Bible Room) and 'Artificial plants' (Suspicious Minds) - a very clever answer. :yes:

For, 'a scene that appears in album art', 'A Flight to the Finish' didn't count. I didn't specify that animated series answers didn't count (they don't, though, for future reference) but, the question did say 'album' so, I didn't count it. Good try, though. :) Scoring answers were 'animitronic Whit' (34 - In Your Wildest Dreams) (that also would have counted for 'something in Whit's End'), 'Auditions' (45b - Odditions) and 'Alex running away from the tower' (38 - Battle Lines).

For 'an Odyssey spoof of a real world person or product', 'America Sings' and 'Arnold Schwarzenbanger' canceled out - both very good answers. (I especially appreciated the varied spelling attempts of 'Schwarzenbanger' \:D/ ) The only answer that scored was 'Arnie' - a spoof of Barney Fife in Blackbeard's Treasure.

For, 'an episode that has something to do with romance or love', 'Aloha, Oy!' canceled out. 'Always', 'A Lesson from Mike' and 'A Class Reenactment' all scored. Other correct answers include 'A Question About Tasha', 'A Penny Saved', 'A Penny Earned' and cases could probably be made for a few others.

Great job, everybody! :D Round 4 should be up soon.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Question. Lets say someone answers 'Arthur' (for a character's first name), and another person after him answers the same. Doesn't it go to the person who answered it first? or does it not matter, if they're the same it doesn't count?
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

YAY! :D I finally did well in a round.

They should make this a real game. This is so much fun! :)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

snubs wrote:Question. Lets say someone answers 'Arthur' (for a character's first name), and another person after him answers the same. Doesn't it go to the person who answered it first? or does it not matter, if they're the same it doesn't count?
It doesn't matter, if they're the same, it doesn't count no matter what. Since players can't see what other players submitted until the end of the round, when they happen to submit their answers has no effect on the outcome.
shadowdog wrote:YAY! :D I finally did well in a round.

They should make this a real game. This is so much fun! :)
Thanks - I've enjoyed it. :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

snubs wrote:Question. Lets say someone answers 'Arthur' (for a character's first name), and another person after him answers the same. Doesn't it go to the person who answered it first? or does it not matter, if they're the same it doesn't count?
It doesn't matter, if they're the same, it doesn't count no matter what. Since players can't see what other players submitted until the end of the round, when they happen to submit their answers has no effect on the outcome.
Oooohh! This whole time I thought it was whoever got it first...If I knew that, I would've definitely been more careful. Oh, well, live and learn.
Last edited by snubs on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

snubs wrote:
Oooohh! This whole time I thought it was whoever got it first...If I knew that, I would've definitely been more careful. Oh, well, live and learn.
:lol: Haha - you have been rather... punctual with your responses. ;) Sorry about that. :)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I was unable to submit answers in rounds 2 and 3, can I still play?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Of course. :D
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

snubs wrote:
:lol: Haha - you have been rather... punctual with your responses. ;) Sorry about that. :)
Yaaaehh. xD I've been having fun though. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

A Lesson from Mike seriously counted for love/romance? It's about dealing with grief and reaching out to unpopular kids. I don't see the love story... at all. :anxious:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

American Eagle wrote:A Lesson from Mike seriously counted for love/romance? It's about dealing with grief and reaching out to unpopular kids. I don't see the love story... at all. :anxious:
Me either. I mean, you could say it's about love as in a friend...but not romance love.