Odyssey Mafia V4!!!! - Day 2

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Everything that you've done so far, even including the fact that your brother posted for you, is extremely suspicious to me. I don't feel bad at all for my

VOTE: JAW.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

But I have no suspicions, and I don't want to just take a stab in the dark and take a chance that I might kill an innocent, possibly even the Doctor or the Inspector. I've seen it happen to often in other games. Someone votes for someone else, that person ends up being town(and sometimes a power role), the town immediately assumes that person is Mafia, and kills them the next day. Then they find out that person was on their side, and the town loses two allies. I prefer to wait until I have a legitimate reason to suspect someone. I mean, there's a 1 out 4 chance we'll end up killing a power role(Doc or Inspector) And, if Max will provide me with the number of Mafia, I can give you a # out of # chance that we'll kill a townie. With no real reason to suspect someone, the fact remains that there is a greater chance of killing a town than there is of killing a Mafia.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Woody wrote: the fact remains that there is a greater chance of killing a town than there is of killing a Mafia.
That is true for the entire game. If you wait until the chances are even between killing a Mafia or a Townie, then the game will be over before you can vote.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

in answer to ur question their are 3 mafia and i just noticed that it would be 5:00 in da morning and i'm going to end the day earlier so you have until 6:30
tonight to vote
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Woody

Post by Woody »

Astronomer wrote:
Woody wrote: the fact remains that there is a greater chance of killing a town than there is of killing a Mafia.
That is true for the entire game. If you wait until the chances are even between killing a Mafia or a Townie, then the game will be over before you can vote.
I'm not saying to wait until the chances are even, I'm saying to find a legitimate reason to vote for someone. For instance, there is no evidence or reason behind everyone voting for JAW. This reason:
Mandy Straussberg wrote:
John Avery Whittaker wrote:JAW was walking biking his newspaper route...
"Since he couldn't keep straight whether he walked or biked past the body, my suspicions were raised immediately."

VOTE: JAW
was dispelled by the fact that Max posted this himself, which is entirely unfair to JAW, since we are saying that he is acting suspicious, when he is not acting suspicious, Max is acting suspicious in his name. This makes me suspicious of those voting for JAW, as they are accusing him of saying something that he did not say. Max has posted using his brothers account before, which leads me to believe that Max knows JAW's password and decided that posting for him was doing him a favor, but it's making people suspect him for no reason. If you can give me a legitimate reason to vote for someone, I may consider voting. But for now, I am gong to wait to vote until just before the deadline so that I can first look for a reason to vote for someone, because I don't feel right about voting for JAW because of something his brother said in his name. The reason I am doing so is because I realize that if we kill a townie today, the town will lose. There are 8 remaining players, three of whom are Mafia. So I want to make sure that I vote for someone I truly think is Mafia. I am actually most suspicious of you, Astronomer, because of your random vote for Anemone. The reason I have not voted yet is because there is no reasons that I see to vote for JAW or anyone else. So I suppose what I should have said in my previous post is that I plan to wait to vote until I can vote for someone I am actually suspicious of. I don't want to just follow the crowd. I wish to vote according to the evidence, and there is no evidence except that you voted randomly, Astronomer. If no further evidence presents itself, I plan to vote for you, Astronomer.

-- Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:04 pm --

@Max What time zone is that?
Last edited by Woody on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I did not vote randomly, I voted for Anemone because she had not yet posted. This could very well go for JAW because it was Max that posted for him. That is my reason for voting.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

JC sat up in his chair, a little frustrated.
"Why couldn't this discussion have happened three days ago? I mean, we might have actually made some headway if y'all had actually talked, instead of just sitting there like boring bananas!"
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Woody

Post by Woody »

Noticing now that JAW has logged on today and chose not to defend himself, I am suspicious of him now.

VOTE: JAW

I know I have been defending him, but logging on and not defending yourself when you are about to be lynched is just suspicious.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

sorry guyz i was somewhere yesterday and couldn't log on but now i can do it
Astronomer ----> Anemone (1)
~JCGJ~ ----> Astronomer (1)
Mandy Straussberg ----> JAW (1)
Taps ----> JAW (2)
Monty ----> JAW (3)
Woody ----> JAW (4)

And so it was decided JAW must die, the townies thought of Burning at the stake but they thought "no it might set the ground on fire." and then they thought of drowning JAW so they tied him to a pole on a ship and sunk the ship within 20 minutes Monica Stone was dead.

It is now night
Mafia ur kill
Doc ur save
Inspector ur inspection
Matchmaker ur pair
everyone else sleep tight :x
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.

Woody

Post by Woody »

Monica Stone? That's kind of confusing. I mean, is this the bad Monica Stone that steals computer discs and pulls guns on pastors or the nice Monica Stone that Jason falls in love with?

In other words.... Does that mean he's Mafia or Town????
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

she is a Mafia
^AIOluver^

STOP.
This sentence is true.

Taps

Post by Taps »

Great job guys! One Mafia down!
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Mandy Straussberg listens as her parents once again begin to argue. She realizes that their supposed "reunion" was just temporary. She begins to cry, and runs out the door. She thinks of going to Whit's End, but decides against it, partly because she doesn't want anyone to see her like this, but also because of bookworm dieing because of a poisoned milkshake from Whit's End. instead, she goes to a small bluff overlooking a river. It's so peaceful. Suddenly she hears a twig snap behind her, she turns around just in time to see a member of the Bones of Rath rushing toward her. She tries to get out of the way, but she's too late. She falls off the bluff, but manages to catch the edge of it with one hand. The Bone comes closer, and steps on her fingers one by one. She falls, hits her head on a rock, and falls into the river. Detective Don Polehaus drowned.

Day 2
you may now vote
^AIOluver^

STOP.
This sentence is true.

~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

"Random voting time because I'm getting tired of mafia and I don't really care who wins at this point because just like being rude and it's 12:00 in the morning I'm tired."

Vote: Maxwell Smart :D
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
Woody

Post by Woody »

Um... Max is the one running the game....
Taps

Post by Taps »

I am going to have to vote for Once-Ler. He is one of the ones who didn't vote for JAW who turned out to be mafia, also, he seems rather suspicious. (I don't think you can vote for the narrator ;) )
VOTE: Once-Ler
Last edited by Taps on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Why not
Vote: Once-Ler
Last edited by Jehoshaphat on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

VOTE: Once-Ler

Your not voting for the now proven Mafia and your irrational vote for the current GM forces my vote for you.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Woody

Post by Woody »

^My sentiments exactly.

Vote: Once-Ler
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

"And yet again, a bandwagon is formed against me...
When will you people learn?"
JC sighed.
"First of all, (apparently the big smiley wasn't ovious enough, and the no-bold letters...) I was joking about voting for Max, beause it was late, and I was bored...
And second, I didn't change my vote, one, because I didn't check, and second, there was no point in changing my vote since JAW was already basically dead, because he already had a majority of votes... I don't join bandwagons. If the bandwagon is correct, it can go along just fine without my help. If it is wrong, then I can't be accused of helping with the bandwagon.
I am NOT MAFIA. I am simply a Townie. Please, believe me this time when I say, "I DON'T LIE IN THIS GAME. I AM NOT MAFIA.
But, if it makes you happy,
Un-vote: Max"

Thank you."

He took a toothpick out from behind his ear, placing it between his teeth.
He chewed it to a pulp, frustration and anger building inside him.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them