Battle for Dream Island (Pilot) questions/discussion

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Battle for Dream Island (Pilot) questions/discussion

Post by bookworm »

This thread is for any questions about the procedure of the events or anything else, and general discussion, so the game thread is kept for the game.

I’m not sure exactly how well it will work out, but I’ve come up with something for each event.
I tried to keep it in line with the videos, but had to make a few minor changes here and there for feasibility purposes.
Also note that while I tried to have as much meaningful interaction as possible, a majority of the contests will be determined simply by rolling dice. This was the only way I could figure out to work through some parts. But I think it will still be fun because the point is to be able to play through the videos, which you’ll be doing.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*is posting because bookworm asked me to*

So how does this work? How are people eliminated?
Last edited by Woody on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We’ll go over elimination a little later, when it gets closer.

A note about the contests that involve dice.
I was originally going to just roll them for everyone myself since there’s not really a reason you all need to, but then again there’s not a reason not to, so I decided to let you go ahead and do it. I thought it would let you stay involved, even if it’s just by getting random numbers.
So when it’s your turn, you’ll roll your die and post what it is and then I’ll post what happens.

Here’s a somewhat more specific explanation of how it will proceed. (This may sound confusing, but it should become clearer once we actually get started.)
There may or may not be an order that you will go in, depending on the event. I will post that in this thread. Then you will each roll your die in order, posting your result in the game thread. After each individual result I will determine and post the outcome. Individual does not necessarily mean each individual person, it means individual group. Sometimes it will be broken up by people, but sometimes it won’t. I will post detailed breakdowns of how each event should go when we get to them to make it clear.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Simple question: How many die would we need to roll? 1 or 2?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That will depend on the event. I’ll let you know when each one starts.

By the way, feel more than free to get into character in the game thread if you want. (Some of you have already, well done.) Maybe role play about what’s happening instead of letting me just objectively state it, that kind of thing. The repetitive nature of some of the contests could potentially become somewhat dry, so don’t hesitate to lighten things up. Have fun with this! :D
Woody

Post by Woody »

Another question: Will there be a TLC(Tiny Loser Chamber) thread?
Last edited by Woody on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Woody wrote:Will there be a TLC(Tiny Loser Chamber) thread?
You know, I actually hadn’t thought about it, but now that you mention it there definitely can be! :yes:
I had just thought the people that get eliminated would wander off, but it would definitely be nice to have a place for the ones that want to stick around to hang out.
Woody

Post by Woody »

And will there be a chance for those in the TLC to come back?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

On a few occasions. Like I said, I’m trying to follow the videos.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Yay! And I hope to watch the 10 I haven't seen here in the next few days.

How often will the contests be?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Woody wrote:How often will the contests be?
There is absolutely no way to estimate, it totally depends on the procedure and participation level of each one. Even if all the players are right on top of it and sending in their results as soon as they can, some of them have multiple parts so it would still last a bit.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Okay, good to know! Thanks for running this, bookworm, it looks really fun! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know it will be fun for me at least, as the announcer. I hope it will be fun for all of you too! :D
Like I said, some of the events don’t have much ‘substance’ but the point is to be able to play through the videos and have a good time.
Woody

Post by Woody »

bookworm wrote:I know it will be fun for me at least, as the announcer.
Because you get to control us! :mad: Will there be Cake at Stake??? If so, what kinds of cake? Ice Cream Cake???
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’m not going to give away everything now, you have to wait and see. ;)
Woody

Post by Woody »

*Hopes there is Ice Cream Cake*

And what do we win if we win? I mean, Dream Island is fake. :(
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You’ll have to win to find out.
Woody

Post by Woody »

*is going to win so I can find out*
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Will there be choca-mocha-chocolate-fudge cake with chocolate-chocolate-chunk ice cream?! Or is the cake a lie?

Also, since we're roleplaying, does this mean I can't speak? Because Teardrop never speaks. I'll just have to post :'('s intermittently.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Also, since we're roleplaying, does this mean I can't speak?
Yes you can, because you’re not really Teardrop, you’re just being represented by a picture of Teardrop. You are playing as yourself, but with character traits of your BFDI counterpart sprinkled in (if you want).