Battle for Dream Island (Pilot) questions/discussion

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:As did I. .
Not the same one.
. .and so? o.o
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was addressing the people saying they didn’t know where to do it, saying I had linked to one to preclude any problems.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm's been on our backs to join this game for months, and when we finally start. .

. .nothing happens.

*blah blah blah*

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Guys, it's not bookworm's fault. Some people *coughWhittyWhitandLizzywritercough* still have not rolled.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Woody wrote:Guys, it's not bookworm's fault. Some people *coughWhittyWhitandLizzywritercough* still have not rolled.
I'm not blaming bookie. The people that signed up to play shouldn't be playing if they are going to be committed.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody

Post by Woody »

Well, maybe someone should roll for them for this round, or they should be removed or replaced. Those are the only options I see.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Or maybe we should all bombard their inboxes with PMs.

\:D/

I like that idea. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hmm.... as do I.... Let's do it! :mrgreen: :badgrin:
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I shouldn't have asked Lizzy to join this. :/ She must have forgotten. Hold on, guys, I'll get her.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Non-game posts have been split to the discussion thread.

Recall that in the sign up thread I said this was going to be a very drawn out event. I wasn’t only referring to the number of contests, it was also to cover situations like this. Granted this particular round is taking rather longer than even I anticipated, but I knew there would be multiple delays from time to time.

Also remember that eventually people will start being voted off. That will be an opportunity to weed out slower players. This is still a brand new event. Once it really gets going I am sure it will pick up nicely, please be patient. :)

I will consider using proxy rolls for extremely inactive players in future rounds.
Woody

Post by Woody »

So... what are you going to do? Roll for Whitty Whit? I mean, how many months has it been? And we haven't even made it through one event.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I apologize for this excessive delay, it is partly my fault. I could have moved us along via a proxy roll for WW, and would have done it a while ago, but I have been stalling because I would rather find a permanent replacement for him since he seems to be gone again. If we can do that then they can just be swapped, like with Lizzy. But once Whitty rolls, or ‘rolls’, he will be locked into the game and we will have to proxy for him every time he doesn’t show.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

If it's going to take months for each event, then I might drop out. .

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You’re already locked in. I made it clear it would take a long time in the sign up thread. (Even if people aren’t inactive, it’s a long event.) But once we get past the WW hangup it should not take months for a single event again.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Maybe someone should PM/email him.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have, twice. He’s received both, but never did anything.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

i kinda wanted to play and now is my chance
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Explanation of the player swap:
Firey was killed in this post, so when he was recovered from that he changed from WW to Young Link.
(Lizzy’s switch didn’t need explained because she had never posted in character.)

Alright, I think we should be good to go now!
Except that snubs is now gone. >_> But we’ll work it out.

Everyone has posted their first roll, so I will now go through the resolutions and will post what happened soon. In the meantime you may play around amongst yourselves ‘in character’ if you wish to.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Since snubs is not here, will she be rolled for?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Here is how I’ve decided inactive people will be handled.
If we’re waiting on someone to post their result for an unreasonably long time, they will be given a proxy roll. It will be done by someone I select who is not involved with this event, so there is no incentive to be deceptive. Not that they (or anyone in the event) could probably be deceptive, since you don’t know what rolls are good or bad until afterwards, but still this will keep things on the level.

Whether that will need done for snubs this round depends on how long she’s gone. I’d like to give her a little bit first since we know she is returning.