Guess that Episode Number!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Guess that Episode Number!

Post by King Butter Turtle »

THE GAME - Here's how it works - I'll list 20 episodes - you simply P.M. me what you think each of their numbers is. Obviously looking them up isn't allowed but, we'll do it on the honors system. For each episode, you'll get one point for each number you were off and you'll lose 25 points if you get it exactly. After adding up all 20 episodes, whoever has the lowest score will win. \:D/

THE DEADLINE - Uh, let's say... the 15th - that is, Saturday, December 15th, 2012 at Midnight Eastern Time. :)

THE PRIZE - Whatever amount of money I happen to have at the time. \:D/
  • Accidental Dilemma, Part I
  • The Life of the Party
  • Fifth House on the Left, Part I
  • My Girl Hallie
  • The Mailman Cometh
  • Plan B: Crossfire
  • Father's Day
  • A Mission for Jimmy
  • The Pushover
  • Home Again, Part I
  • Something Blue, Part II
  • Pilgrim's Progress, Part I
  • Subject Yourself
  • Bernard & Joseph, Part I
  • Seeing Red
  • The Tangled Web
  • Bernard & Esther, Part II
  • A Member of the Family, Part I
  • Our Daily Bread
  • Wooton Knows Best
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Here goes nothing.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Yay! This sounds fun! \:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I'm glad to have inspired this. It will certainly be interesting. There are only a few that I know for sure.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Well... rather disappointing turn-out :( but, I guess it wasn't that exciting of a game ;) - just something that popped into my head. Anyway, here are the results...

1st Place - H Tide
Total Score - 600
Perfect - 0
Average (distance from each episode) - 30
Farthest (worst guess) - 143
Closest (best guess) - 1

2nd Place - Lonely97
Total Score - 2016
Perfect - 0
Average - 101
Farthest - 503 (ouch!)
Closest - 19

3rd Place - American Eagle
Total Score - 2413
Perfect - 2
Average - 123
Farthest - 468
Closest - 0

H Tide gets all my money! \:D/ Thanks for playing, guys. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I should get bonus bonus points for getting two exactly right. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

American Eagle wrote:I should get bonus bonus points for getting two exactly right. \:D/
I wrote:and you'll lose 25 points if you get it exactly.
You did. \:D/ If you hadn't, you're score would have been even worse. ;)

The bonus probably should have been greater but, honestly, I was expecting people to do much better than they did :anxious: so, I thought 25 would be more significant. :shrugs:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Ooh that was fun. :) Thanks for holding the game!