Odyssey Mafia V5!!!!! BONES WIN!!!

It begins

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Turns out this is actually V5. Topic title changed accordingly. Thanks to bookworm for pointing that out. ;)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

bookworm hurried up to the group. “Sorry I’m late, I didn’t realize we were meeting already!” He caught up on what had been said so far so he could give his input.

“JCGJ, it’s true that a blind vote is better than a no vote, but a random vote is just as bad. I believe we’ve been over this before. You should never leave your vote up to chance. Even if you have hardly any information to go on, a chosen vote still has the advantage of having some reasoning behind it, however small.

But that said, this particular random vote happened to come out in an agreeable way. With no information at this point, it has been established in previous games that voting out a seemingly absent player is the most reasonable action. There are only two possible outcomes, and both are positive.
Either they are Town and inactive, in which case we would lose them anyway down the line, leading to what would effectively be a Mafia double kill, so cutting them now prevents that; or they are Mafia and pretending to be inactive to avoid looking suspicious, in which case killing them would obviously be good.
So although I strongly disagree with the method used, I agree with the conclusion reached. I also

vote: T.S. (myself)
Taps

Post by Taps »

Actually guys I am not going to vote for T.S. I have strong reasons to believe he is not Mafia.

Vote: Young Link
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Taps wrote:I have strong reasons to believe he is not Mafia.
To clarify my position (just in case it’s needed) I don’t think he is or isn’t right now, I’m just employing the strategy of preempting inactive losses.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

bookworm wrote:bookworm hurried up to the group. “Sorry I’m late, I didn’t realize we were meeting already!” He caught up on what had been said so far so he could give his input.

“JCGJ, it’s true that a blind vote is better than a no vote, but a random vote is just as bad. I believe we’ve been over this before. You should never leave your vote up to chance. Even if you have hardly any information to go on, a chosen vote still has the advantage of having some reasoning behind it, however small.
"True, except that I would have had no different reasoning for choosing someone, rather than just randomly selecting them... That's how it would have happened anyway, except that it would have been my mind randomly choosing, instead of the computer... And, I think it's fair to point out that I only put the inactive names into the randomizer, so no one who was active would have been selected. Just thought I should try to explain my [lack of] reasoning. ;)"
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

~JCGJ~ wrote:except that it would have been my mind randomly choosing, instead of the computer
That’s the point. Even if you think you’re still just choosing randomly, if you use your mind your subconscious is directing the choice. There may be something it catches that you don’t.
~JCGJ~ wrote:And, I think it's fair to point out that I only put the inactive names into the randomizer
That is a very important note, thank you for explaining.
Woody

Post by Woody »

The time had passed, the townies knew
And so they waited, until the vote counting was through
Then a voice from above shouted
T.S. (myself)! He is the one who must be ousted!
And so the townies took him, and killed him, they did
They brought him to a pit, and threw him to the lion they called "Sid"
And when the lion was through
He was killed too!
So they went in, the townies, they did.
To see who had been killed by Sid
And when they got to the scene,
Samantha14 yelled "Oh, no! We just killed Eugene!

It is now night. Bones, send me your kill. Dr. Graham, your save. Detective Polehaus, your investigation.
Last edited by Woody on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

*Le post for Woody.* Connie and Eugene killed. Irony.
~ Walker in Dreams
Woody

Post by Woody »

Taps was tearing down christmas decorations and while he was taking down tacks he got attacked by thumbtacks and Jason Whittaker was done for.

It is now day. You can start voting now.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Again Young Link went to see if anyone died last night and found out that Taps died and went to the town hall saying, "This has to stop."
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

We all agree that this has to stop, how we are going to make it stop is a different question.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

"The only way to make it stop. is to find the Mafia, and have them lynched."
JC said, walking into the Town Hall.

He began preparing himself for the day's debates. "Here we go again... Another day, another debate..." He thought to himself.

He hadn't gotten much sleep the past couple of nights, and that was evident.
They/Them
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

well we still don't have alot to go on but I know that the mafia will say anything to make sure that you got the wrong guy
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

"And... No one's saying anything..."
They/Them
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I believe it was bookworm, Taps rejected his theory so bookworm recognized that he will be a threat so he killed Taps. Taps also proposed lynching Young Link, I believe bookworm and Young Link are both mafia.

Vote:Bookworm
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Jehoshaphat wrote:I believe it was bookworm, Taps rejected his theory so bookworm recognized that he will be a threat so he killed Taps. Taps also proposed lynching Young Link, I believe bookworm and Young Link are both mafia.

Vote:Bookworm
"That is an interesting point," JC said, standing up "But I'm not sure it's enough to really bank a vote on... I don't think bookworm's rejection of a theory is very conclusive proof... I mean, bookworm analyses and rejects theories every game... It doesn't mean he's guilty.
And, now that I'm rejecting your theory, does that mean you'll think I'm guilty too?"
JC sat back down,
"I'm not going to vote just yet... But you're acting slightly suspicious, Jehoshaphat. It take's at least little bit of nerve to vote for bookworm on such inconclusive evidence... Maybe you're just trying to get rid of bookworm, because he's making you nervous for some reason?"
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

What I am trying to say is that, Taps said that he had evidence that T.S. was not the Mafia and then he ended up dead. Bookworm is by far the most dangerous player in the game. Because he can convince people to both sides without revealing his own intentions. I will change my vote if other evidence is brought up, but you guys asked for leads and I gave one.
My online family
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Jehoshaphat wrote:What I am trying to say is that, Taps said that he had evidence that T.S. was not the Mafia and then he ended up dead. Bookworm is by far the most dangerous player in the game. Because he can convince people to both sides without revealing his own intentions. I will change my vote if other evidence is brought up, but you guys asked for leads and I gave one.
JC stood up again, "Ok, so, as I've been playing more and more of the mafia games, I've come to realize that most everyone developes a couple of fairly consistant strategies. Most people normally have one strategy when they are Town, and another when they are Mafia. I do not believe bookworm to be an exception to this observation; I know I'm not. The trick is, then, to try to be able to recognize each person's individual Mafia and Town strategies. I do not believe bookworm to be Mafia, simply because (from what I can see) his strategy is fairly consistant with most of his other games... He analysed Tap's theory, and found flaws. That's normal bookworm, right there... I don't see why you think that's suspicious...

However, you seem to have changed strategies, from what I can tell... You're going straight into attack mode, trying to start a bandwagon against one of the strongest players in the game. It just seems like you're trying to get a lynching in... Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying bookworm's not Mafia, I'm simply saying his actions have given me no reason for suspicion, and yours have.

Therefor, after careful consideration, I must:

Vote: Jehoshaphat."
They/Them
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

"The fact of the matter is that Taps did not have a theory he just said that he didn't want T.S. to die" Jehoshaphat insisted. Normally someone does not die randomly. Taps voted for Young Link and died, I will change my vote because I can see that no one will go with me on the Bookworm thing.
Unvote: Bookworm

BTW I can assure you that I am not the Mafia if you don't believe me then I guess I will go to my doom and you shall forever be sorry.
My online family
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Jehoshaphat wrote: "The fact of the matter is that Taps did not have a theory he just said that he didn't want T.S. to die" Jehoshaphat insisted. Normally someone does not die randomly. Taps voted for Young Link and died, I will change my vote because I can see that no one will go with me on the Bookworm thing.
Unvote: Bookworm
JC stood up, once again, to address Jehoshaphat's change in vote.
"You know, changing your vote simply because you think no one will go with you on your original claim is also very suscious..."
Jehoshaphat wrote:BTW I can assure you that I am not the Mafia if you don't believe me then I guess I will go to my doom and you shall forever be sorry.
"Whoop... Guilt trip!" He said, "Further solidifying my suspicion... I apologize in advance if my accusation is wrong, but I'm not changing my vote. Maybe you aren't Mafia, but if you are indeed a Townie, you're not really helping the Town much by your willie-nilly, back and forth accusations... You're simply too suspicious for my liking... You did make a good point about Link, however, but I'm not changing my vote. Sorry. Perhaps I'll vote for him next time."

JC sat back down in his lawn chair, and reached into his backpack, pulling out a bottle of Asprin. "Oh... This gives me such a headache at times..." He thought, taking a glug of Root Beer and dropping the pills into his up-turned mouth.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them