Football Pool VI

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Thursday:
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
Sunday:
Miami @ Buffalo
New Orleans @ Cleveland
Detroit @ Carolina
Atlanta @ Cincinnati
Dallas @ Tennessee
Jacksonville @ Washington
New England @ Minnesota
Arizona @ New York Giants
Seattle @ San Diego
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Denver
New York Jets @ Green Bay
Houston @ Oakland
Chicago @ San Francisco (Please, do surprise me.)
Monday:
Philadelphia @ Indianapolis
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

Thursday:
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore (went with them, but didn't get on here in time so don't count it)
Sunday:
Miami @ Buffalo
New Orleans @ Cleveland
Detroit @ Carolina
Atlanta @ Cincinnati
Dallas @ Tennessee
Jacksonville @ Washington
New England @ Minnesota
Arizona @ New York Giants
Seattle @ San Diego
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Denver
New York Jets @ Green Bay
Houston @ Oakland
Chicago @ San Francisco
Monday:
Philadelphia @ Indianapolis
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Is it too late to change my Cardinals/Giants pick? Carson Palmer's shoulder died apparently. :(

EDIT: I only asked if it was too late, I didn't confirm that I wanted to. >_> Not watching the game but the second stringer is apparently doing well judging by the score updates on the bottom of the screen. >_>
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

CONGRATULATIONS TO TOP FOR WINNING WEEK 2's FOOTBALL POOL!! \:D/ \:D/
After another crazy week of upsets... His Topness hath prevailed!! (been a little since you won there Top... You been sleeping on the job :-k? :P Heck you were winning like every other week when we first started this 6 years ago :P)

The results are as follows:

Top - 10 correct
AE - 9 correct
Ryder - 8 correct
BookW - 8 correct
LI - 7 correct
E II - 6 correct
KF - 6 correct
Last edited by Ryder on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yay, thanks! \:D/

Yeah, last few years I've only been watching the Bengals and ignoring most other NFL news, I'm a little more clued in so far this seasons. >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’m torn on how to score your pick Top because to your question I don’t know about Ryder’s pool, but for my tallies I do permit changes as long as they are made before game kickoff. So I feel like I really should be scoring your pick as the Giants since I believe your question was posed with genuine intent to change it if allowed as the basis was an injury to a key player, but on the other hand if you were just wondering and not definitely wanting to change I don’t want to take a point away from you. :|
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't wanna sound like a poor sport, but your post was a clear request to change picks. If the Giants had won, you wouldn't have edited your post to change your pick back. You can't sit on the fence like that and win either way.

I don't think that's a fair victory, at all. >_>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Would it have changed the winner in the Weekly Pool? I didn't even look at that, I'm just trying to decide what to do with mine.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

If my quick addition is correct, he and I would have tied.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I thought the picks were already locked in and I was being sardonic. >_>

Although I don't really care how my score is tallied because ToO money does not yet translate to real currency.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

If the Giants had won and Ryder said, "Top, you changed your pick in time. You get the win!"

Would you have replied with, "No, sorry, I was only curious if it was too late. I didn't actually want to change my pick. I'm sticking with the Cardinals. >_>"

I don't care about the money either... I just care about ethics. ;)

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:I thought the picks were already locked in and I was being sardonic.
But had you known I allowed the change, would you have wanted to make it? That's what I need to know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

No, I believe in the unalterable first post on football pools (except in the case of a formatting edit immediately after or something). :(

As for my original post on the matter, though, if I had said, "OH MAN! If I'm allowed to change PLEASE PLEASE change my pick to the Giants!" as opposed to a post that, while not serious, if it were taken before a court of Football Pool law and carefully analyzed, it only asked about the possibility.

AE, what was your MNF TCS? Now I'm just curious if I can hypothetically be stripped of my one game if I would still win the weekly pool or not. >_>
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Alas, I don't think I sent in a TCS. :- So you probably would win either way.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Cumulative Pool standings:

Top - 19
bookworm - 18
AE - 17
Eugene - 15
Ryder - 15
KF - 14
Laura - 14

(I didn't count Ryder's Thursday pick.)

-- 17 Sep 2014 12:46 pm --

Week 3:

Thursday:
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Sunday:
San Diego @ Buffalo
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Tennessee @ Cincinnati
Dallas @ St. Louis
Green Bay @ Detroit
Houston @ New York Giants
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville
Minnesota @ New Orleans
Oakland @ New England
Washington @ Philadelphia
San Francisco @ Arizona
Denver @ Seattle
Kansas City @ Miami
Pittsburgh @ Carolina
Monday:
Chicago @ New York Jets
Last edited by bookworm on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Thursday:
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:if I had said, "OH MAN! If I'm allowed to change PLEASE PLEASE change my pick to the Giants!" as opposed to a post that, while not serious, if it were taken before a court of Football Pool law and carefully analyzed, it only asked about the possibility.
Well, to play Football Pool lawyer and carefully analyze it, it in fact didn’t only ask about the possibility, it distinctly referenced the reason for asking which in context, because it was a significant team performance factor, implies more than curiosity about the ability to change just for curiosity’s sake, but more so a curiosity about the ability to change in order to do so.

But I believe you and I will leave it. The Cumulative Pool should not come down to a difference of one pick anyway. The more problematic situation would be if it affected the outcome of the Weekly Pool, which it thankfully did not.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Carolina shall win. Will i now keep up my streak of getting Thursday night wrong? Probably...
I am confused
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thursday:
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.