Presenting... TOP CRUSADER WRESTLING!

(Not so much wrestling related, as a chance to stretch your creativity!)

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Presenting... TOP CRUSADER WRESTLING!

Post by The Top Crusader »

TCW – The Interactive Wrestling Simulator!

Welcome to Top Crusader Wrestling!

This is something that I hope can be fun and entertaining for many of you. The wrestling aspect is really just something to hang the idea on… if you completely dislike wrestling, but enjoy RPing and gushing forth your creative side, this could be for you!

Okay, this still has some holes in it, but I have hammered out most of the basics as to how this would work. So take a look, make your interest known, and maybe we’ll get this thing started! J

ATTRIBUTES

First of all, there is a set of six attributes, as follows:

1) Strength – Self explanatory enough, I think.

2) Endurance – Able to take more of a beating, last longer.

3) Submission – Apply more effective submission holds, more able to get out of opponents submission holds.

4) Defense – Better able to defend and counter.

5) Speed – Self explanatory, I would hope.

6) Charisma – Effects popularity with the fans (always good to have the fans backing you – can give you the “second wind” to finish off an opponent), promoing skills.

There would be a starting total of 8 slots for each attribute (more could be added, as people fill all their slots). You earn attribute points varies ways (detailed below, hopefully), and cash them in to get another slot full on that specific attribute.

So, on each members profile, they would have the list of attributes, and if you had 3 slots in “Strength”, it would read like:

1) Strength [x] [x] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Simple enough, hopefully?

GETTING ATTRIBUTE POINTS

I’ve come up with a few ways people actually get the points… although I am not 100% sure on the amounts.

1) Training – Training in my “Top Crusader Dojo”, or whatever I decide to call it, would earn the trainee 10 points a session. Session cost… yet to be determined.

2) Matches – A wrestler earns 20 attribute points for competing in a match, 30 attribute points for winning their match.

3) Title win/Title holding
a) TCW World Championship Title – 50 point bonus for winning the title, 25 point bonus for each additional match that the title is retained.
b) TCW Tag Team Title – 30 point bonus for winning, 15 point bonus for retaining.
c) “Secondary” Title – 30 win/15 retain/
d) “Random lower” Title – 20 win/10 hold

And so on. And no, “Secondary” and such isn’t the official name. But the number of titles we have and such just depends on how many people are involved. If there are only a handful interested, then we really won’t need beyond the World title and maybe tag titles. Also, we could have a Women’s division if there is enough female interest. The nice thing, though, about an online wrestling federation, is we can just lump all genders together, without worrying about how fair it is, and winners will be determined by stats and promos (more on that later, hopefully).

Attribute Point Scale

Each new recruit starts with 300 Attribute Points (enough for one slot in each skill, if they so choose) to use as they see fit. The scale for the cost of additional points is as follows:

1st Slot: 50 pts. 2nd Slot: 125 3rd Slot: 225 4th Slot: 350 5th Slot: 500 6th Slot: 675 7th Slot: 875 8th Slot: 1100

Yes, it’s a steep curve. But it should keep people on their toes, hopefully.

MONEY?!

Here is where I am somewhat unsure of how to handle things, because I don’t know what good standard amounts for payment and costs and everything is. Basically, you get money for winning matches, more money for winning a title belt.

WRESTLING IS FAKE… SO WHAT DETERMINES THE WINNER?!

Basically… me. In a way. I will look over the combatants attributes and stuff, as well as their promoing skills.

PROMOING!?

Yes. Make things all the more interactive. I don’t know how best this would work. Our own TCW sub-forum would be nice (nudge, nudge), but otherwise I guess we could TRY to confine things to one thread. This will be a bit of a challenge, since I am hoping people who are clueless about actual wrestling will find this whole thing fun.

Basically, though, it’s a chance for people to RP and such, “in character”. Of course, your wrestling character can be whatever you want. An extension of yourself, or a deranged Soviet despot. Maybe for some, that would be one in the same.

Undoubtedly, there will be some bugs to work out of this system… but remember… quality is better than quantity more often then not. So rather its you interacting with your teammate, your rival, or an interesting story all about yourself, make it interesting and high quality, as much as possible.

I want to make “promoing” just as much a part of what determines the winner as their attributes.

Remember, though, as president of TCW, I reserve the right to throw a swerve at any time, and let an underdog win, for the sake of the storyline. J

STORYLINE? MATCHES? SHOWS?

Well, I want to post a weekly (or whatever) show. Maybe every other week, unless I can hire an understudy or two. If this becomes terribly successful, then perhaps there could be multiple weekly shows. I am pretty busy, so I may not always be able to write out a good show… but, at the very least I can put up an unfleshed outline so people know who won what, etc.

MISCELLANEOUS

Probably only if we had a subforum of our own… but I thought it would be cool to have a thread that has everyone’s profiles… it would be where their stats are, plus kind of a bio, and maybe a picture of their character or whatever.

Anyway, that is pretty much it in a nutshell, at least a good amount of what has come to mind. Again, there could be like no one, or two or three people who are interested in this, and it will crash and burn a horrible death. But I think this has the potential to really be a great addition to the Town of Odyssey. J

So please, chime in with your thoughts, people!

~Brian, The Top Crusader
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Sounds like a cool idea and depending on the cost to entry I might go into the ring.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Like I said, I haven't decided on costs yet. :(

But I think I want to make it cheap to enter, then you'd be spending money on getting higher stats or whatever. But then you can also get higher stats through competing... just quicker with money. :)
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I shall definatley make an appearance in the ring. ;)
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I'll join when it gets started...

(Yaridovich: Heh! See? She'll pick me of course, because I--
Geno: ...You honestly think she'll choose you, mission-failer-guy? Ha.
Bowyer: Nyahaha. I have the best long-range capacity, so she logically has no choice...
Sonuna: Ahem. You forget which board we're on! I'm also your boss.
TEC: I do not think anything you say will be sufficient convincing...
Iapetus: Point, point.)
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

To whoever dare go against me: :badgrin: Prepare to meet your doom!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! (Unless you're on my side in a tag team, and then we shall rule together!!!!)
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

All shall be mesmerized by the convoluted logic of the Crazily And Legally Insane Azheim!
Not dead yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

HAH yes i remember this on the test board awesomeness man ill be sure to join soon
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Count me in!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

1) Strength – [X]
2) Endurance – [X]
3) Submission –[X]
4) Defense – [X]
5) Speed –[X]
6) Charisma – [X]
that will be my beginning stats
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I also vote that there should be a seperate forum for all of this action... A new and mysterious complex that suddenly appeared far out on Old Gower Road.

Perhaps it could be a thread designed once again to be a "Rolepalying" thread where everyone was in character, but it was designated for battles and large events. It would be like Odyssey having a stadium where miscelleneous events ocurred, including pro wrestling every night.
Not dead yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

yesi vote what david o voted
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

David O wrote:I also vote that there should be a seperate forum for all of this action... A new and mysterious complex that suddenly appeared far out on Old Gower Road.

Perhaps it could be a thread designed once again to be a "Rolepalying" thread where everyone was in character, but it was designated for battles and large events. It would be like Odyssey having a stadium where miscelleneous events ocurred, including pro wrestling every night.
Yeah, that, to a degree at least, is what I had in mind. Shadowpaw said if there was enough interest we could get our own forum for this at least.

David O!? :shock:

[Edit: Top! You of all people should know better! You are now on my list..........- AIO PSYCHE]
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Indeed! The great Azhiem has returned!!!
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

EB!? (I'm really grasping here)

David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

The Top Crusader wrote:David O!? :shock:

I like! :)
Not dead yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

EK
mehehehehuwaahaahahaa
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Eugene Kendall wrote:EK
mehehehehuwaahaahahaa
Woah. I don't wanna fight joo! You'd squash me! ;)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

yes thats the point
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

*Twiddles thumbs in overwhelming anticipation*

How's that for reviving and old thread, eh? ;)