The Election Results V

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

miss doyle, i really like your "down with regis" on your posts. and i have been truly moved by all of your help during the past few days.
:boohoo:
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Catspaw wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote: Methinks DO and JF were in on it, judging from some of things I saw on their platform... but yeah, I think they won too.
I don't think that David O and Sarah were in on it, unless they're excellent actors (which is entirely possible, but in this case, I don't think that they knew early). I was talking to them when they saw the results, and let's just say that when they saw that Shadowpaw had cast the deciding vote for GAF, they were surprised. ;) They weren't expecting that to happen, I don't think. However, I don't want to presume to speak for them. :)

The ToO, no matter what happens, has never been permenantly unjust. I'm sure that the election was not all in vain. Besides, as much as I supposed DJ, Regis certainly is an interesting leader! \:D/

EDIT: Mr. Glossman, that sounded rather threatening. :( You're so cynical, in the best way possible, of course!
I believe they were in on it, but were ordered to act accordingly, and I believe some other teams were too.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Pepper Doyle wrote:It's rather annoying to know a whole election was just used for a story arc and that all the real candidates hard work was for nothing because Regis would win regardless. And we all know that DO and JF would have won except for the story arc.
Actually, had Gabe & Fenix not been running, I (and I believe several others) would have most likely voted for EKS. The only reason I joined the DO/JF campaign is because I left GF after the run-off voting results.
STRYPER wrote:I've often thought that there should be someone objective chronicling all of this so if anyone wants to read up there's only one place to go...
Actually, if I'm not mistaken (and I very well may be), I believe that The Odyssey Bank Robbery (one of the forums that was added by Blackgaard in the "Ruins of the Town of Odyssey" section) contains many of the past story arcs related to this one. But I haven't had the time or determination to read through them and find out for sure...
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

No that's the events from last year's board event. Which I may take the time to look through if it doesn't redisappear after this one ends!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

WINDSHEAR wrote:I believe they were in on it, but were ordered to act accordingly, and I believe some other teams were too.
If I may speak for myself and Sarah, I hope I can settle this question at least for our team. I was absolutely blown away by the revelation of Gabe's true identity. Up until the moment he made his announcement, I had no idea whatsoever who I was up against. Nobody ever asked us to play along. I don't think Sarah would have taken some of the things that were said to her so personally if she had known that this was all part of a glorified masquerade.

I'm certain that this board won't dissappear. Have no fears, Darcie. ;)
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I just thought you might have been informed of it... but I see you weren't. :-
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

David O wrote:I'm certain that this board won't dissappear. Have no fears, Darcie. ;)
I was meaning the Bank Robbery forum that was hidden... there was an overview about it posted before with links to the separate threads, but the whole forum was hidden all the time I've been a member. I'd always wanted to read some of it. :D
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Ok now that I'm around to speak for myself. I honestly had absolutly NO idea that Gabe was Regis and that it was all part of the arc. Like David said, had I known, I wouldn't have taken Gabe nearly as seriosuly as I did..and yes, I'm under the impression that some of the other teams did know that Gabe was part of the arc.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I'm also under that impression. :-

What a coincidence. :anxious:
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

If 'Bo is any indication, I'm pretty sure RyBo didn't know, and that leaves EKS only... :-
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

It's very doubtful that they would know.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Though they may speak up...

...I can say for them that they didn't know, and though most of us agreed Gabe was already evil, until after the election, they had no clue.

So they weren't 'in on it'; don't be so accusatory.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:Though they may speak up...

...I can say for them that they didn't know, and though most of us agreed Gabe was already evil, until after the election, they had no clue.

So they weren't 'in on it'; don't be so accusatory.
I wasn't trying to accuse anyone, infact I was trying to debunk the theory that the teams new about it before-hand, therefore saying "which only leaves EKS... :- " I didn't think Spaw would tell only one team about Gabe/Fenix. I'm pretty shure it would be all or none.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I agree! I think Freak-O is innocent though! I mean EK got all those chickens!!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Darth Birdie wrote:I agree! I think Freak-O is innocent though! I mean EK got all those chickens!!
I sincerely hope that you noticed prior to that incident he had something like ToO$1500, and after had something like ToO$...1.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Why did he waste all his money on chickens and cheapy bumper stickers?
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Darth Birdie wrote:Why did he waste all his money on chickens and cheapy bumper stickers?
Because we were chatting on Skype.

I do that to people sometimes.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Darth Birdie wrote:Why did he waste all his money on chickens and cheapy bumper stickers?
Because he can. And because he's EK. O:)
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Yes I guess I underestimated his awesomeness!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Hooray for EK! \:D/

Hooray for Sonuna's influence on EK's purchases! \:D/