Live From Liberty 9-03-06

The ToO in Review

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
David O
I'm memorable

Live From Liberty 9-03-06

Post by David O »

Live From Liberty

Hello Odyssey!

David O here, unveiling the final surprise of the DJ Platform: Live From Liberty! This will serve as a kind of "This week in the Town of Odyssey" post, coming to you at least once a month (though certainly more if we can help it!) to let you know about what's going on around the town. Every installment will contain information about what's happening behind the scenes in the mod board, what changes are occuring, what new events are being planned, and what's going on in Sarah's life and my own! This will get every citizen, moderator, and admin together on the same page. Through this, we hope to help keep you informed, and encouraged.
So let's get started. :)

Coming: The New Town Hall?
First off, I want to make you all aware that the mod team has been hard at work constructing the layout for the new Town Hall. STRYPER, the founder of the ToO TH (not Xhan's ;) ), has been leading the team in designing a brand new board, tenatively named "The Continental Breakfast Club". The want to archive all of the old posts, allowing the Breakfast Club to start fresh with a clean slate and detailed rules that will encourage profitable discussion. Together, the mod team has put out an outstanding effort, and all of them deserve a round of applause. =D>

UPDATE: The Job Promotion System
After some deliberation about the best jobs course of action to take, Sarah and I have resumed Trank's brilliant promotion system. You can now post your request for a new, higher paying job here. (Providing that you have the degrees for a new job that is. ;) )

Shameless Plug: Games From the Drowsy Poet
I've started playing chess every week at The Drowsy Poet - a fantastic coffee shop, and the most popular hang out place in town. My buddy Dave and I finished up a game last Saturday that we had been working on for two weeks. After six glorious hours of play, I resigned, and he took the lead in the number of victories held (1-2). Afterwards, I analyzed the game, and you can check out it all out here in Board Walk, my faction for board games and especially chess! :)

Finally, here is the first installment of my favorite part of the DJ Platform:

David O Radio
When I first announced my plans to begin O Radio, I posted a "preview" song which was actually a part of a longer piece, released in our campaign headquarters, but never publicly. Here at last, is the completion of that piece:

A Delightful Experience - My First Year at Liberty

This song is actually a compilation of many different ideas and themes that came to me throughout my freshman year at Liberty. You see, for about two months, I kept an "audio journal" of sorts. Every week or so I would sit down and just play whatever I felt that day. At the end of the first semester, I sat down for hours and combined and organized all of those pieces into one song. This is that song, and it has come to define my freshman year at Liberty. I hope you enjoy it. :)

And that ends the first installment of Live From Liberty. May God be with you, Odyssey. May God be with Us.

Yours Truly,

David O
Last edited by David O on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not dead yet.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

This sounds fantastic, David! Thanks for taking the time to keep the rest of us updated with your exciting plans. \:D/

...and O Radio is awesome. :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Awesome.... \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm getting a fuzzy buzz during the mp3 thingy. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay for Live From Liberty! \:D/ Thanks, David O! Very cool! It's nice that you've released that music for the enjoyment of all now! :D
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Neat! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for taking the time to do these fun things for us! :D
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

Thanks David! I really miss hearing the music from O radio live. okay, okay, I did start to cry when I heard it. :sniff:
Last edited by Zelda Jacobs on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Very awesome! I like it the idea of having a place to keep updated on what's going on!

And, David, you're a very talented musician! \:D/
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Music = awesome.
ToOinonepost = awesomer.
The fact that this is my 3999'th post = very lame.

I love it. ^_^ Muchly.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

The link for the drowsy poet doesn't work for me. :insane: I love chess, and I want to get in!
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Have you joined the appropriate games faction? The link won't work otherwise.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Um David, the Continental Breakfast Club reference in the Mod board was more of a joke :anxious:

We are currently looking to find a new name for the debate board. The Town Hall is not only confusing at times but also we want to seperate distictions from the old board.

Any suggestions anyone has about a new name for the Town Hall is welcomed and appreciated :D
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Thanks Me, membership requested.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

What an awesome idea! I really like the Live From Liberty thing! It's a lot of fun! And, you are a most amazing musician, David! =D> I love the music you posted! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I am yet another enjoyer of the O Radio installment! "Live from Liberty" exudes professionalism and "in the know" info. Two thumbs up!
fireflygirl_01
Found
Location: just sitting in the hall; waiting for the darkness to consume me

Post by fireflygirl_01 »

David, this music is absolutely amazing. :sniff: You are a very talented musician and I hope that you will be famous one day.
~O sNaP ItS fIrEfLy~
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Thanks for the update!

I loved the music - I probably listened to it 10 times on Tuesday...and I'm listening to it again right now! Image
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Thanks David! It makes keeping up on things easier. :D

btw is the date supposed to be 9-03-06? 'cause you posted that on 10-03-06 :anxious:

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I checked this out quite a while ago, but never got around to posting. It's really cool, great stuff David. =D>

However, if you like criticism, I can criticize it a bit... not that it's not great as it is. \:D/
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I loved it. David is so awesome!! \:D/
...I hate marquees.