Live from Liberty 11-10-06

The ToO in Review

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
David O
I'm memorable

Live from Liberty 11-10-06

Post by David O »

Live From Liberty

Hello Odyssey!

David O and JF here, bringing you the November installment of Live from Liberty.

Life has been busy here at LU. Midterms hit Liberty mountain and HARD. Also, David's family came down to visit 3 weeks ago. We apologize for the delays in activity, but are glad to be back working on the board in full force once again. Now here's what's happening around the town, this month in Odyssey:

Whit's End Revolution
This week saw the institution of The Odyssey Review. This new panel for discussion is expected to revitalize Whit's End, as users will have a new reason to check in and reminisce about old episodes every week. All spots through to the end of the year were filled within the first 24 hours of sign-ups being posted. Expect the first review on the week of November 13 where STRYPER will be leading us in a discussion of The Search for Whit.

New Ranks Up
The DJ ranks have officially been released and instated. Minutes after they were put into place, a thread was created to discuss the new titles. Some confusion about the origin of some of these ranks exists, but the majority of users still seem to be pleased with the changes.
Sarah: If you do have any complaints, bring them to David. He chose them. :roll:

It's Coming: Make the Admins Look Dumb 2 (or 3 or 4 or whatever we're up to now)
We'll never know what hit us.

20 candles is a LOT
That's right! Sarah's birthday is coming up soon!
You mean DEATHday!
*AHEM*
Sarah is turning old come November 13th, so fill her inbox with lots of Birthday spam! I mean wishes... Just so you all know, we're throwing a party for her here at LU later tonight. Festivities will include:
Olive Garden
Pirates of the Carribean 2
(at the dollar theater)
And late night ice skating!

All ToO members are heartily invited to this event, so if you're free tonight, come on down! Happy Birthday, Sarah!
(Note, Sarah would prefer if her inbox was filled up only with thoughtful notes, not bad meaningless spam. Thanks!)

2nd Odyssey Games Committee Founded
Last month, the Games Committee was established to begin work on the upcoming TAR 2. We are proud to be able to announce its members to you today:
Trent Dewhite
Catspaw
The EKster
Monday

Let's give them a round of applause! =D>
These 4 gifted individuals are working along with the 3 admins to bring you the best game that Odyssey has yet seen (aside from Aio Mole of course. ;) ) Current discussion includes structure and entry fees. The Race is expected to begin later this month.

David O Radio
It's hymn week here at O Radio. Today, I invite you to enjoy two of the greatest hymns of all time. They're among my favorite of favorites. Here they are:

Be Thou My Vision
This is my personal arrangement of one of the most meaningful songs to me in the world. Chances are, if someone asks me to play something, it will be this song. This particular medley includes a taste of another of my favorites - Lord You Are. These two songs remind me of who I need to be - in Christ - when I am at my weakest, and my strongest.

Amazing Grace
Back in 9th grade, I learned this arrangement of the most well known hymn of all time, and to this day it remains probably my favorite piece out of all that I know. I wish I could say that I arranged it, but I'm afraid I have to give that credit to Dino. Still, the heart is there. This is why I can get up and live and breathe in the morning. This song reminds me why I'm here - God's Amazing Grace. I play this song so that I'll never forget that - and I hope you don't either.

And so ends the second installment of Live From Liberty. May God be with you, Odyssey. May God be with us.

Yours Truly,

David O and JF
Not dead yet.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

The hymns look good
Sonny C Rathbne Doyle
OK

Post by Sonny C Rathbne Doyle »

Cool! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> That's goooood! Niak, eloklah menyanyi, niak! Awak boleh menyanyi! YAY! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
It is I
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Wonderful! Beautiful! My mom said it was okay...she's a songwriter and pianist and singer..
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

cool listening now to ag
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Happy Early Birthday JesusFreak777! =D> I hope you have a great time at your party, I won't be there but my cousin might... she attends Liberty U, :-k (I wonder if you know her.)

Yay for the games committee! I was wondering when we'd hear about them, now we do, and we get a cool picture too. :D (The pictures are great!)

You play excellently. I am listening to the first one now, I wish I could play like that. Wow.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Be Thou My Vision is one of my favorite songs! That was beautiful! I've always wanted that song to played at my wedding. :-)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Absolutely wonderful, your pieces. :)

Your talent is truly enviable. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Absolutely wonderful, your pieces. :)

Your talent is truly enviable. O:)
Lets kill him and take it! :x
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*aids and abets the murderers* \:D/

Yay for the Live from Liberty report! \:D/ Good stuff! David O, as usual, your music is absolutely incredible!

And I think that this will be Make the Admins Look Dumb 2, since I don't think that it's offically been done since it's debut in term two. :-k Oh, good memories!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Was the first one when I made that wonderful siggy set for BMuntz? \:D/
Bwa haha! \:D/ It'll be fun to do again! O:)

Image Image
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I can't listen to the new songs yet :( but I will as soon as possible.

Great selections for the gaming team. This is gonna be good :badgrin:

Sarah, I just want you to know that as soon as I saw your plans for your birthday, I thought about making the trip down to surprise you. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get there unil 10-11 at night and I have to lead a bible study the next morning and I wouldn't get any sleep with the drive back. I wish I could be there. :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yep, that was the time! \:D/ I still associate Bmuntz with that set - he used it for a long time! I think mine was a scribbly thing made by Kenric. I can't remember what Shadowpaw's was. :-k So I found the old thread. \:D/

:lol: I had forgotten about the dreadful set that Top made me!

And here's the scribbly set that I remembered Kenric making! :lol:

Ahhh! This is such a trip down memory lane! I love what Elf made for Shadowpaw!

Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Just stopping by to say I enjoyed your music again, David O. I also look forward to the coming town activities.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Wow, David! The music is amazing!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

I loved the music as usaul David! :D I can't wait until next week when I can here it live. \:D/
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Wow, those pieces are really amazing, David O. Great job! \:D/

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Awesome music David.. :thumbsup:
...I hate marquees.