The Town of Odyssey Turns Two!

It's time to celebrate!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Jack Allen
Gold Member

Post by Jack Allen »

Well hello there everyone. I just wanted to take this moment to congratulate you all for making this such a wonderful place over the last two years. Joanne and I have enjoyed your company and all of your wonderful artwork and stories. We look forward to seeing what else lies in store for this fantastic town. :)
Joanne Allen
Lurker

Post by Joanne Allen »

Yes, I agree with Jack's lovely comments! We have both been busy with J&J Antiques, which means that we don't always have as much extra time as we would like to. However, you can always drop by and visit us there any time you like! I understand that cookies are very popular here, so I make a fresh batch regularly!
Cryin Bryan Dern
Not as new

Post by Cryin Bryan Dern »

Hello Odyssey! I wish that I could say that it's a pleasure to speak with you all today, but you aren't even worthy lying to. Two years? That's nothing! I've seen successful towns that had been around for decades that suddenly failed. With so many awful people, this town won't last much longer, that's for sure! Enjoy it while you can, you local yokels!
Bernard Walton
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Bernard Walton »

Is it just me, or does he make less sense than a brown cow giving white milk? Anyway, I'd like to congratulate the Town of Odyssey on its clean windows. I keep those big plate glass windows at City Hall nice and clean, even when the kids put their sticky fingers on them every time a school tour goes through. Keep up the cleanliness in the years to come, and make sure that you don't step in my bucket!
Connie Kendall
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Connie Kendall »

Oh, Bernard, go get some punch and forget about the windows for five minutes! I'm so happy to be here for the party! \:D/ Cakes by Constance was thrilled to be asked to help cater for this event! I think the streamers that I hung up were a nice touch, too. :party: See you all around!
Eugene Meltsner
Tallying up

Post by Eugene Meltsner »

Miss Kendall is certainly never at a loss for words, is she? I shall be sure to warn Katrina before she samples any of the cakes present at this event. Ahem...I have prepared a few simple words for this momentous occassion. I am overjoyed to express my sincere congratulations to this fair town on the second anniversary of it's humble beginning! It is indeed thrilling to see the fruits of the creaitivity of so many of you! The Town of Odyssey is, to borrow the colloquialism, very cool!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Happy birthday ToO! \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Old Brad
I've been working out
It’s my birthday

Post by Old Brad »

Happy Birthday, ToO. Very soon it will have been a year since I joined. I can't say that I haven't enjoyed being here, though I can say that I've enjoyed being here. I sure hope you figure out what I said. ;)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Since Catspaw said that we're doing new stuff I have to do something or I'll look bad. :x

So anyway...

NEW RANKS! \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! That's how I get stuff done - I say that it will be, and hope that it happens. ;) I look forward to seeing the different new ranks! \:D/
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Catspaw wrote:Yay! That's how I get stuff done - I say that it will be, and hope that it happens. ;) I look forward to seeing the different new ranks! \:D/
While we're on the subject of what Catspaw can get done for us :thumbsup: , I think it'd be cool to get some new degrees (even though I still have a long way to go to getting what we have now) and possibly some new jobs to go with them. Also, with jobs like Red Scorpion Terrorist (even though I don't have that job), it'd be cool if they had the ability to do stuff like rob the bank since that's what a terrorist would do among other things.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Old Brad
I've been working out
It’s my birthday

Post by Old Brad »

movieman85 wrote:it'd be cool if they had the ability to do stuff like rob the bank since that's what a terrorist would do among other things.
Other things? As in blow-up Finneman's Market? ;)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Bradley Doyle wrote:
movieman85 wrote:it'd be cool if they had the ability to do stuff like rob the bank since that's what a terrorist would do among other things.
gower's field

I believe these requests would take up a significant amount of time to code from scratch... I thus doubt that they will be implemented.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

And that's only one problem with the idea.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

me thinks I would go mad if things started blowing up again. :(
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Happy birthday ToO! :dance: *Parties.* :blow:

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

sonuna wrote:
Bradley Doyle wrote:
gower's field

I believe these requests would take up a significant amount of time to code from scratch... I thus doubt that they will be implemented.
If I knew how to write code I'd totally donate my time... alas, I don't :( .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Happy Birthday, ToO! :D
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Happy burfday to the ToO!
:D
Expect some new surprises within the new few hours. :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Next few hours? Like I need to dread my upcoming shift any more ;)