Vote for your next Mayor and Chief of Police!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!

Who do you want to be the next Mayor and Chief of Police?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:00 pm

BrokenButBeautiful and Amethystic
14%
Christina and JesusIsAlive
71%
Danielle Abigail Maxwell and Regis Blackbeard
13%
OverTheRainbow and Candy
3%

Total votes: 95

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

89 is a lot of votes, IMO. It could easily top 100.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Previous elections got like... 150?

I can't remember. xD
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I don't think we ever got up to 150.. I think we've done around 120 maybe? 150 sounds too high.. :-k
...I hate marquees.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

120 out of 1179 people... If US elections had that low a percentage of citizens vote, then only 31,076,844 out of the 305,330,000 (estimate) would vote...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Do remember that probably half of those havne't ever posted once, and that maybe another third have either left or just disappeared. It happens. 120 in active members isn't bad, really.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I checked earlier; term 3 had 110 votes, term 4 had 109 (112 if you count absentee), and only 1 or 2 other elections broke or met 100 votes.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Looks like Jonathan beat me to it... but here are the totals if anyone cares. ;)

Term I: 89
Term II: 72
Term III: 110
Term IV: 112
Term V: 100
Term VI: 108
Term VII: 89
Term VIII: 93
Term IX: 81
Term X: 73

Activity really tapered off during the previous two terms, but it looks like it's returned with a fury! :mad:
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Yay for voting. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trent wrote:Looks like Jonathan beat me to it... but here are the totals if anyone cares. ;)

Activity really tapered off during the previous two terms, but it looks like it's returned with a fury! :mad:
Well if you only count the voters who aren't complete idiots the number drops to about...14.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

ek, that was completely inappropriate.

There are very few times that it is right to use the word "idiot" to describe someone, and on a public forum, in a thread where no one has done anything to deserve such an outburst, is not one of them.

ek, if you have a problem with somebody, stop disrupting this thread and make your own.

Juvenile=!cool
Not dead yet.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

ek wrote:
Trent wrote:Looks like Jonathan beat me to it... but here are the totals if anyone cares. ;)

Well if you only count the voters who aren't complete idiots the number drops to about...14.
..Then again, maybe you're the one being idiotic here.

Seriously. No matter what you think of someone, insulting them isn't going to help anything.
...I hate marquees.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

ek wrote:

Sorry, but voting makes someone an idiot? I'm not totaly sure what you are pertaining too... everyone has a right to vote and whoever someone votes for, they aren't idiots in who they choose. Where could you even count idiots or people who aren't idiotic? Not sure I see your logic..

As some other have said, yeah, I don't think you have a right to call any voter an idiot. (Even though I might be one myself..)

EDIT: 92 votes. Not bad!
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

If ek wanted a reaction... he got it.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Lord_Kappa wrote:If ek wanted a reaction... he got it.
Somehow I have a feeling he got exactly what he was looking for :-.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

This is disgusting me! :x
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
ek wrote:

Sorry, but voting makes someone an idiot? I'm not totaly sure what you are pertaining too... everyone has a right to vote and whoever someone votes for, they aren't idiots in who they choose. Where could you even count idiots or people who aren't idiotic? Not sure I see your logic..

As some other have said, yeah, I don't think you have a right to call any voter an idiot. (Even though I might be one myself..)

EDIT: 92 votes. Not bad!
Assumptions, assumptions....i'm saying that most of the ToO is filled with idiots now, the intelligent people got out of town. Now the issue of calling someone an idiot for who they vote for is a whole different thing. [Which I probably would have done if I thought to.]

And by the way....when people don't want to tell the truth to someone about them not being a intelligible member- you're hurting them more by keeping up facade.

But anyway I digress, I have no ties to this place anymore so why not insult the people that deserve it?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I think someone may be rubbing off of you.
And by the way....when people don't want to tell the truth to someone about them not being a intelligible member- you're hurting them more by keeping up facade.
Most folks come around without being called dimwits. Do you remember what you were like when you first joined the TH? Or even what you were like when you joined here compared to now?
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

God Bless you ek. Obviously you must be going through some sort of painful trial and you're taking out you're anger and bitterness in the wrong way.

I'll keep you in my prayers, sweetheart.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

OverTheRainbow wrote:God Bless you ek. Obviously you must be going through some sort of painful trial and you're taking out you're anger and bitterness in the wrong way.

I'll keep you in my prayers, sweetheart.
:-s

Umm... ek.... sweetheart?
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

*Snickers*

I love politics!

[/end Curt quote]

Oh ek, please tell me. Am I one of those idiots? You can tell me honestly.

And I'm sure that you won't have a problem with being honest with me... =]