Election Results - Term 13 Edition!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I know that on other forums, the administrators (if not also moderators) can view the votes of each person on each poll. Catspaw could easily check to make sure the people who PMed the votes did not also vote in the poll. That would be easy enough to check if it were possible to do so here.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

xiao wrote:Actually, I have to say, I disagree with the absentee vote business. The poll should be the final result. I'm not trying to be sour here but anyone could garner two votes by saying they'll be absent and just voting anyways... didn't anyone think of that? :-s
If you vote by absentee, your account is locked during the election.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

And I think the citizins of this board would be honest enough not to cheat. :yes: The absentee ballot is a good way to include the members who will simply be unable to log on during the voting period.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

xiao wrote:
Ruthie wrote::anxious:

If I hadn't forgotten about voting and then been out of town, it would've been a tie. :anxious:
Thanks, Ruthie! \:D/

Actually, I have to say, I disagree with the absentee vote business. The poll should be the final result. I'm not trying to be sour here but anyone could garner two votes by saying they'll be absent and just voting anyways... didn't anyone think of that? :-s
Absentee voting was started with Shadowpaw when people expressed an interest in voting but were unable to be present for the actual voting period. The database does not show who a member voted for, but it does show if they voted at all, and that has typically been checked to prevent this problem. :) Of course, usually it isn't this close of a vote! Nonetheless, the results are genuine.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Congrats guys!
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

can iz be a mod noww!!1!111111!111111!!1 \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :sick: :sick: ](*,) \:D/ \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Anyways, congrats to Lizzie and iTaq err Taq. ;)
I do what I do.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

On the absentee thing - real elections in real life use absentee to and it generally works just fine....

Congrats italiq and great race to panda bear and regis/lord sess! :D
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Tyler wrote:ONE VOTE!? :dies:

Ah well, congrats iTaliq \:D/
*Tries not to kill Tyler with this announcement: I missed the poll. :- *

*And I didn't know we could vote absentee, too bad*
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I should demand a recount...we would've won. ;)
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Tyler wrote:I should demand a recount...we would've won. ;)
If you start it, I'll demand along with you. ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

In real elections, people forgetting to vote during polling hours or to send in an absentee ballot on time is not a valid reason for a recount. :noway:
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Laura Ingalls wrote:In real elections, people forgetting to vote during polling hours or send in an absentee ballot on time is not a valid reason for a recount. :noway:
Well, it should be. :noway: We should all try to accommodate the minority of slackers, so that they can be free to slack! :yes: Equality for all! \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Pseudonym wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:In real elections, people forgetting to vote during polling hours or send in an absentee ballot on time is not a valid reason for a recount. :noway:
Well, it should be. :noway: We should all try to accommodate the minority of slackers, so that they can be free to slack! :yes: Equality for all! \:D/
If only slackers were the minority in this country.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

:( I missed the poll...argh. Ek and Xiao, please run next election. :pray: I was so looking forward to your term. :(

silly, distracting, graduation parties...*grumbles away*

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

What kind of sick twist of fate is this? XD
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Wow, all the Panda Bear voters where out of town when the vote happened. :-k
IT MUST BE A SCHEME!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

So far, if three of the Panda supporters hadn't forgotten to vote, they would have won! \:D/
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

Ziff wrote:So far, if three of the Panda supporters hadn't forgotten to vote, they would have won! \:D/
](*,) Wonderful
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Umm.... recount? :-s