Election Results - Term 13 Edition!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Election Results - Term 13 Edition!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

This has been a most unusual election! The TownHall admins tried to take over the ToO by forcing me to write a resignation message (though those of you who read it closely might notice that I tried to leave you clues that things were not quite right!) and then gradually took over the board. Things seemed innocent enough when Top added some moderators, but members quickly noticed that all of the new moderators had been admins on the TownHall! Things escalated and a lot of users were jailed for various lengths of time for what the administrators considered to be offenses. A new TH-esque board style replaced the many wonderful options that members used to have. Money was no longer being made for posts and the vault disappeared with the new board theme. Gower's Field was locked, and a lot of other boards had their name changed and/or some threads moved. Top posted a very odd message (even for him) and questions continued to be raised, despite attempts by the new administration to quash them. Then clues started being given by a "Concerned Friend" who contacted Lizzie to help the members of the ToO figure out how to get rid of these unwanted new powerful people and all their increasingly strict rules and regulations. Finally the password to an account that held the key to getting rid of them was revealed, and the day was saved! I hope that everybody had a good time, and thanks for rescuing me from jail! It really isn't that cozy after a while. Thanks to all of you who rebelled against the administration and kept me company in jail. ;) The moral of the story is that Top is a bad influence on people. :(

We are now ready to bring to power the thirteenth administration team, after much waiting and turmoil! After about a month of campaigning, 3 teams emerged with the funds necessary to compete for the administrative crown. An impressive turn-out of 98 votes (including 3 vital absentee votes) were cast in the Thirteenth Town of Odyssey Election.

Highlight below to see the results! \:D/

LizzieG and Taq will become the new Mayor and Chief of Police of the Town of Odyssey and took 45 votes (46%) to defeat the other candidates. Tyler and xiao finished second with 44 votes (45%). Regis Blackbeard and Lord Sesshoumaru came in third with 9 votes (9%).

The winners will be appointed to their posts later today and the moderators will be decided in the near future, so keep your eyes open for that announcement! Congratulations to all of the teams involved! Everyone should be proud of what has been accomplished. \:D/ This term the election was confused by the evil takeover that The Top Crusader and his fellow TownHall admins attempted, but fortunately, that is all behind us now and our new administration can lead us on to great things! :D Please allow some time for things to change back - there is some clean-up required after the mess that was made of our great town! The ToO that you know and love will gradually re-emerge as boards are renamed and unlocked and a place is created for the TH-related threads to be viewed to relive the fond (and less than fond) memories from the past couple days!

Just so you know, the poll thread is located here. This thread was created to easily identify the election results (in the same way we did for past elections) and the poll thread has been subsequently moved to City Hall for archiving.
Last edited by Catspaw on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

ONE VOTE!? :dies:

Ah well, congrats iTaliq \:D/
Last edited by EK on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

....wow
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Yeah, that was funny Tyler... but, hey, good job everyone.. Yeah, now we are going to get back to normal! :) That took a day...
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

Yay Catspaw, your back! \:D/

:bounce: I knew you wouldn't leave us ;)
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

I voted for BlackBear, cause I figured it wouldn't matter anyway.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
xiao

Post by xiao »

Wait just one minute...

According to this...

http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=22385 ... highlight=

The turnout was 43 / 43

And in this thread it says 45 /44.

:-s
Last edited by xiao on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

xiao wrote:So....

According to this...

http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=22385 ... highlight=

It was a tie.

And Catspaw voted against us.

:(
Nah. Absentee votes. >_>
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw said that she tallied absentee votes - which determined the final result.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

*Edits wrong comment*

Congrats to italiq! I look forward to fun, contest-filled term! \:D/
Last edited by Johnny on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

Good job, everyone.
Congratulations, italiq! That was a close election! \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Ah TIE??? WOW.. that's like.. A first... nice... (and a story-arc to cover it up...)

Wait, no, even though it was a tie, there were three absentee ballots, and how could it be 44 and 45 if both were 43 and 43???

Oh well... this will be an interesting term I unfortunately won't be around much for....
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Congrats, iTaliq! And thank goodness Catspaw is back! Things are finally starting to make sense around here again. :D
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

No xiao, 3 absentee ballots were cast. 1 went to Panda Bear and the other 2 went to LizzieG and Taq.

Congratulations to Taq, and especially LizzieG for their win, and for freeing me from jail!

*Free at last!*

Also, way to go EK! Without your contributions, we might never have figured out the password to bring down The Administration. You rock, man!

Now I can go to sleep peacefully, knowing that the Town of Odyssey is in good hands.
Not dead yet.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

A single vote. :o

This race was thisclose and unforgettable. Thank you for the kind words, everyone! I look forward to serving you all during Term XIII. :)
xiao

Post by xiao »

David O wrote:No xiao, 3 absentee ballots were cast. 1 went to Panda Bear and the other 2 went to LizzieG and Taq.
Yeah, I picked up on that. ;)

Well, guys, this has been one of the most intense elections ever and I can't believe it was a tie!

Anyways, good luck LizzieG and Taq... sad to see all that work for the styles and badges (there are more than 100 badges! all with images!) and ideas and stuff went to waste, but maybe someday they'll be implemented (but probably not lol)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

xiao wrote:
David O wrote:No xiao, 3 absentee ballots were cast. 1 went to Panda Bear and the other 2 went to LizzieG and Taq.
Yeah, I picked up on that. ;)

Well, guys, this has been one of the most intense elections ever and I can't believe it was a tie!

Anyways, good luck LizzieG and Taq... sad to see all that work for the styles and badges (there are more than 100 badges! all with images!) and ideas and stuff went to waste, but maybe someday they'll be implemented (but probably not lol)
If it helps, I believe everyone to be a winner, because you guys all helped save the town, free Catspaw and David O, and hey, Lizzie and Taq can always do a few things to use your ideas... wait, I shouldn't say that... (I CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR WHAT THEY WILL DO... That's my disclaimer)
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Taq wrote:A single vote. :o

This race was thisclose and unforgettable. Thank you for the kind words, everyone! I look forward to serving you all during Term XIII. :)
We look forward to it as well! You deserve it! =D>
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Wow, this election season has been full of surprises at every step of the way - talk about a month to remember! Thank you for the encouragement! I'm looking forward to serving as your Mayor this summer! :D
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Closest election ever...

ousting the record set by CatMuntz vs D&D....
http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3325

the only thing that could beat it now is an actual tie. (Which..it was technically a tie looking at the polls, should I call for a run-off? ;) ) \:D/

Anyways, great election guys, hope to see great things from iTaliq. :D