Election Results - Term 14 Edition!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

The Top Crusader wrote:I've certainly done my share of posting really stupid things, but, yeah... it really isn't cool to use God's name like that... I mean I'm sure I've done the same thing, but if someone points it out I'll see the problem and stop... but I don't get this constant irreverance. It's just disappointing, really. Especially the way it's treated like a silly game.
I have to agree with Top here. (And I'm a Stapler voter.)

Jeremy
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

American Eagle wrote:Top and Pseudonym, alright.
InHisArms wrote:
Anyway, if you'll all excuse me, I must eat my Raman Noodle soup and then head to bed. Goodnight, fine people. :D

I'm sorry but...do you know what's in those instant things????? (I dunno If you had instant but...to all who do)

Ew.

http://www.justhungry.com/instant-ramen ... ry-bad-you

You need to read this and repent your sin towards food. :shame:

(Yeah that was random but...I just couldn't resist)
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Ben Linus wrote:
InHisArms wrote:
Anyway, if you'll all excuse me, I must eat my Raman Noodle soup and then head to bed. Goodnight, fine people. :D

I'm sorry but...do you know what's in those instant things????? (I dunno If you had instant but...to all who do)

Ew.

Haha, indeed. I don't eat it for nutririon, that's for sure. ;) And I'm not sure you'd like to know everything that goes into hotdogs, Doritos and Hersheys, either. \:D/
Last edited by American Eagle on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

When my mother was taking some of her first legal studies classes, she took great joy in telling me the exact range of bug parts which is permissible in most common foods.
...the answer is 'a good deal' as these things go
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

American Eagle wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:
InHisArms wrote:

Ew.

Haha, indeed. I don't eat it for nutririon, that's for sure. ;) And I'm not sure you'd like to know everything that goes into hotdogs, Doritos and Hersheys, either. \:D/
I know what's in them. I read the labels. You, as a Pastor, should to :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Ben Linus wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:
InHisArms wrote:

Ew.

I know what's in them. I read the labels. You, as a Pastor, should to :x
*laughs* I have the gift of getting threads off-topic. This was supposed to be about the election, but I changed it to God and then to Raman Noodles. ;) I'm not the most healthy person, and should try to be healthier. However, Exodus 23:25 says: "And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee." This basically is a promise that if we are truly serving God, he will bless the things we eat and make them nourish us.

That being said, it is not an excuse to eat whatever garbage and simply live and eat please yourself. Romans 6:1 covers that pretty well; the verse is talking about different things, but the same principle applies. ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

American Eagle wrote:However, Exodus 23:25 says: "And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee." This basically is a promise that if we are truly serving God, he will bless the things we eat and make them nourish us.
Like arsenic.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Pseudonym wrote:
American Eagle wrote:However, Exodus 23:25 says: "And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee." This basically is a promise that if we are truly serving God, he will bless the things we eat and make them nourish us.
Like arsenic.
I repeat, it is not an excuse to eat whatever garbage and simply live and eat please yourself. Romans 6:1 covers that pretty well; the verse is talking about different things, but the same principle applies. ;)

Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

American Eagle wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
Like arsenic.
I repeat, it is not an excuse to eat whatever garbage and simply live and eat please yourself. Romans 6:1 covers that pretty well; the verse is talking about different things, but the same principle applies. ;)
But if we're truly serving God, all that we eat will have its molecules rearranged into health food!

Have you even read all of Exodus 23? Here's the verse right after the one you quoted. "None shall miscarry or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days." So if we follow God, no one in our country will ever have a miscarriage!
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Pseudonym wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
Like arsenic.
But if we're truly serving God, all that we eat will have its molecules rearranged into health food!

Have you even read all of Exodus 23? Here's the verse right after the one you quoted. "None shall miscarry or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days." So if we follow God, no one in our country will ever have a miscarriage!
Alright, alright, point taken. ;)

Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Wow, guys. Just wow. :rollingeyes: