Election Results - Term 14 Edition!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

DanP740 wrote:Is the announcement of victory going to be put in announcement box on the main page?
It was...until mad-libs replaced it. :anxious:
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Those Madlibs...oh them ;) But yeah--a very belated congrats to Tyler and Miss. Kairi! I voted for you not, but you won, so huzzah!
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Now we can only wonder what would've happened if JIA didn't replace me. :boohoo:

;)

Congrats to EKairi! I'm looking forward to all your plans!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Driving through town after reading the election results, I saw a church signs that said "Congratulations Tyler and Kari!"

You can guess what I was thinking. O_O
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Whoa... o_o
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

SivartM wrote:Driving through town after reading the election results, I saw a church signs that said "Congratulations Tyler and Kari!"
It certainly wasn't Second Church! No church I'm Pastor of would say such a thing. I've now changed the church sign to, "BOO Tyler. BOO Kairi. God is very unhappy with you both!"

It was probably a heathen Methodist church you saw. And what's the point of being a Pastor if your name isn't green? :-k Humor intended.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

You would think that a pastor would be more concerned about revitalizing the church than having his name in green. :-k
Plus I thought the mantra during the election was "God's will be done." How could He now be displeased with Tyler and Kairi for winning? And Methodists aren't heathen.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

humdedum wrote:
I should probably change my sig... :(

Yeahhh, me to. But Staple will forever live on in our memories!! I will forever be stapled 8-)
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

You should probably get that looked at before it becomes infected.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Chandlah wrote:You would think that a pastor would be more concerned about revitalizing the church than having his name in green. :-k
I'll be working on that soon. O:)
Chandlah wrote:Plus I thought the mantra during the election was "God's will be done." How could He now be displeased with Tyler and Kairi for winning? And Methodists aren't heathen.
I was kidding. I'm not pro-Baptist, or anti-Methodist/Puritan/whatever. Second Church isn't confined by any denominational barrier; we simply want to follow Christ.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Methodists are too heathen, by and large, at least. :noway: Besides, he said "a heathen Methodist church"... he didn't say they are ALL heathen (I suppose there are some exceptions). :noway: Just the one specific one in question. :noway:

Why do all you oldbies pick on AE? :x
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Chandlah wrote:You would think that a pastor would be more concerned about revitalizing the church than having his name in green. :-k
Plus I thought the mantra during the election was "God's will be done." How could He now be displeased with Tyler and Kairi for winning? And Methodists aren't heathen.
I hope that was a joke...

-- 07 Oct 2009 03:06 pm --
The Top Crusader wrote:Why do all you oldbies pick on AE? :x
ditto'd. :(
Last edited by jelly on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I'm pretty sure the church I saw wasn't Methodist. It was non-denominational, or one of those evil churches that doesn't say what they are.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Jelly wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Why do all you oldbies pick on AE? :x
ditto'd. :(
Top is an oldbie... It's not just oldbies that pick on him, just about anybody that is somewhat offended by using God in election jokes and such.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Which is why they're called jokes. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Sorry, I didn't realise the omnipotent God Who created the universe was to be the subject of irreverent jokes. \:D/

So I guess I can just say whatever I want about Him now. It doesn't really matter. It's just a joke.
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Pseudonym wrote:Sorry, I didn't realise the omnipotent God Who created the universe was to be the subject of irreverent jokes. \:D/

So I guess I can just say whatever I want about Him now. It doesn't really matter. It's just a joke.
Where did AE make a joke about God? I must have missed that, unless you're saying that God's a Methodist, and making jokes about Methodists is a sin.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

You missed it.
American Eagle wrote:
SivartM wrote:Driving through town after reading the election results, I saw a church signs that said "Congratulations Tyler and Kari!"
It certainly wasn't Second Church! No church I'm Pastor of would say such a thing. I've now changed the church sign to, "BOO Tyler. BOO Kairi. God is very unhappy with you both!"
Also, I find it odd that AE hasn't stopped making jokes like these, considering how much people criticised him in the election for doing so.
Last edited by Pseudonym on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I'm glad to know he isn't swayed by the people's stupid opinion. :noway:

Um, take that lightheartedly, please. \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

SivartM wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:Sorry, I didn't realise the omnipotent God Who created the universe was to be the subject of irreverent jokes. \:D/

Where did AE make a joke about God? I must have missed that, unless you're saying that God's a Methodist, and making jokes about Methodists is a sin.
I didn't make a joke about God. I said things along the lines of "God is on Stapler's side of the election", jokingly, of course. I've explained myself (and even apologized) several times, and we don't need to have this discussion again.
Pseudonym wrote:Also, I find it odd that AE hasn't stopped making jokes like these, considering how much people criticised him in the election for doing so.
Please show me where I've made such a joke about God since the election.