The Town of Odyssey Turns Five!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Okay. Here is my list. :)

1. The ToO is a place to meet wonderful AIO fans. I have made many friends here.
2. The ToO it self.
3. The smileys! :D
4. Anti-Randoms!
5. Summer Reading Contest! \:D/

(This list is in no specific order.)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I've only been here since December, but I decided to make a top 5 list as well!

1. That everyone here understands the weird obscure references to Odyssey that I make.
2. Echoing Sapphire, the smileys! They're always ready to cover for you!
3. I'll put the Anti-Randoms as well, even though I know that I will promptly be yelled at by Marvin D, Galaxy X and others for doing so! :p
4. The Missions! Always lots of fun, even though we've only had two of them so far.
5. All of you guys. Seriously, this has GOT to be one of the best, most productive, friendliest message boards out there. You guys are terrific! :grouphug:
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Yay! Happy B-day ToO! Hope you'll stay here for many years to come! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I too have only been here a short while, but I will make a top 5 list also.

1. The friendly people! When I first joined, people like Catspaw and AE and others really made me feel welcomed.
2. The fun! I've had a blast doing fun things (mostly in HH) with people like Trixie, Marvin, Shen, ID4J, GX and others who are probably some of my best friends on here!
3. Knowing that there are people out there who love AIO as much as I do and getting to hear their opinions. And knowing that I'm not crazy for being obsessed with a "kid's show."
4. Like Trixie said, having a place where I can randomly quote AIO episodes and people know what I'm talking about! And getting to share fun connections between Odyssey and the real world.
5. The smilies! :boohoo: :lolsign: :thewave: :hal: and every person who joined us in protesting Bernard being written off the show's favorite: :demonstration:

Thank you Shadowpaw and Catspaw, for putting such hard work into the ToO. I will do my best to still be here for the 10th anniversary! Happy 5th Birthday, ToO! :birthday:
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

here's my top 5 lovely moments on the ToO:
1. the whole story of how I became a random
2. meeting new friends-like IN, Ben, Marvin, etc, etc.
3. Marvin coming up with a nickname for me-and saying he's gonna name his future daughter after my username
4. telling people that LizzieG is my older sister
5. telling IN about my imaginary worlds :)

Till the end of the line.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'm halfway embarrased to say I completely forgot about this. Whoops.

But yay for five! \:D/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

... me too. :anxious:

Top 5 favourite memories:

1. Finding the ToO
2. Reading the funny/thought-provoking/interesting/crazy posts
3. Realising I could join the ToO
4. Joining the ToO
5. Reading more funny/thought-provoking/interesting/crazy posts

That's pretty much my history.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The ToO be AWESOME. Let us never forget the sheer pwnsumness.

5. Finding the ToO (and joining about five minutes later)
4. Starting the Bernard protest thread
3. Meeting Shennifer, snubs, Marvin, Trixie...the list goes on...
2. Finally being able to really discuss Odyssey with people besides my family!
1. The camaraderie among us all, I think, is perhaps the best thing about this forum. I think it's really great how we can come to this forum and debate things--like Harry Potter, Twilight, and other things--and not become infuriated with each other. We at the ToO don't have to resort to anger to express our opinions, and I like that--this place is WAY better than, say, Encyclopedia Histeria, where everyone left because of an immature poster. I'm proud to be a ToOer!
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

*makes top 5 list*

5. Being accepted and welcomed into the community, even when I was an atrocious n00b. How awesome is that?
4. The mini Story Arc Hannahjiejie and I created not long after I joined, with the help of JIA and Catspaw. That was fun, even though it didn't last long. \:D/
3. The ELECTIONS and DEBATES. So much fun.
2. The Peanut Butter Randoms. Basically some fellow noobs got together and formed a group, which now thrives and boasts of overwhelming awesomeness.
1. The community. It doesn't matter if you listen to AIO or not, what you believe in, or how much of a n00b you are; this place just opens its arms and welcomes you into its warm embrace.

You're all awesome. W00t. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jelly wrote: 4. The mini Story Arc Hannahjiejie and I created not long after I joined, with the help of JIA and Catspaw. That was fun, even though it didn't last long. \:D/
The only contribution I recall making is not stopping you guys from your creative ways, but I'm glad you still remember it fondly. :D

I love reading people's lists and other thoughts about the ToO - it's a nice reminder of the many great things about the board and the different things that stand out to each of us. \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

well see, my memory's bad. :(
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Shennifer wrote:4. telling people that LizzieG is my older sister
I love seeing people's realization reactions to this fact as well. It's like Star Wars-- revealing a familial relationship makes all the difference!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Taq wrote:
Shennifer wrote:4. telling people that LizzieG is my older sister
I love seeing people's realization reactions to this fact as well. It's like Star Wars-- revealing a familial relationship makes all the difference!
HAHA! indeed it does! and it was fun seeing peoples reaction too...

Till the end of the line.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I doubt I would get much reaction if I told people that Tim is my brother, because mainly only older ToO users know who he is, and already know he is, except for people in the chatroom. :P
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

DanP740 wrote:I doubt I would get much reaction if I told people that Tim is my brother, because mainly only older ToO users know who he is, and already know he is, except for people in the chatroom. :P
Woah, is Tim really your brother? Haha, I didn't know that. :lol:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Heh, guess I was slightly wrong. ;)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Catspaw wrote:
Jelly wrote: 4. The mini Story Arc Hannahjiejie and I created not long after I joined, with the help of JIA and Catspaw. That was fun, even though it didn't last long. \:D/
The only contribution I recall making is not stopping you guys from your creative ways, but I'm glad you still remember it fondly. :D

I love reading people's lists and other thoughts about the ToO - it's a nice reminder of the many great things about the board and the different things that stand out to each of us. \:D/
It also shows how we have changed.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

My five favorites! (in no order..)

5. Smilies!!! ](*,) :- :D :anxious:
4. Amazing friends I've made over the past couple years
3. RPGs. Unfortunately, real life hasn't given me time to do this recently..but back when I had time, I had a lot of fun with it.
2. Most threads in HH.
1. The Randoms...what can I say? I love them with everything in me. Sure, we may get on some people's nerves. But this group came into existance when I felt like I had no friends in the real world. The Randoms were the only true friends I had for a while and because of this, they will always have a special place in my life and my heart. I love you all, old and new. <3

<3<3<3
BBB
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Has it really been five years ago? It was yesterday and yet, a lifetime ago.

5. Catspaw. :inlove: Need I say more...?
4. The Police HQ. It was a good run.
3. Chatting it up with people here, you know who you are. ;)
2. Posting more than you...
1. The friendships and witty banter that I will always look back on and smile. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Howdy COT! Nice to see ya.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011