Election Results - Term 19 Edition!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Marvin D. wrote:
bookworm wrote:Like real life candidates I had both an acceptance and concession speech prepared, but naturally I wanted to give the other one.
Citizens of The Town of Odyssey, it is from an interesting position that I speak to you today. Of course I am disappointed to loose the race, but I am not disheartened. This election, regardless of the outcome, brought to fulfillment a desire that has been within me since the day I joined this community nearly five years ago. The desire to experience being in a ToO election. It was an exhilarating experience, and I am very happy to have finally had it.
My aspiration was the race itself, and that has been accomplished. Anything afterwards would have simply been a bonus.
I have absolutely no resentment over loosing. Marvin and ric, I give you my most sincere congratulations. Honestly, if I hadn’t been running I would have supported you firmly. You are both wonderful members, and I’m sure you will do a fine job.

And as always, my loaner secret service personnel will be transferred to you from the previous administration.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I feel bad because I didn't make a speech, whether I lost or won. If I won, it would have been, "Yeah, I won! Bye, you losers! :x", and if I lost, it'd be, "Conspiracy! Someone rigged the poll!" :anxious: That, or something like the speech I gave yesterday in chat :-

Thank you very much, bookworm, though \:D/
Both of these posts belong in a Hall of Fame somewhere.

I want the Poll Booth! :protest:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

0.o

I haven't gotten on for a while. :-

Wow, thanks everyone. \:D/ And nice job, Endeavor. \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*kills ric so he can start his one-man dictatorship* \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Well, I'm not going to make a speech, but may I just say that I had an awesome time running in this election. And I'd also like to thank all the people who have supported us over the past month. Without you guys we would not have made it this far.

Congratulations Marvin and ric! I know you guys will do a great job!
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Congratz you two! Make us proud! :D
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

With all these "Make us proud"s, I really wanna make this term one you'll never forget in a negative way :-

Kidding, kidding \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Don't worry, I'll be sure to complain about everything that you do wrong :x

....unfortunately, that probably won't be much :(
*insert provocative quote here*
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Woohoo! Congrats, ric and Marvin!
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

Great job you two!!!! :D
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Congratulations, Marvin and ric! You probably already knew I voted for you, but yes, I did.

Both teams had very good campaign promises, however, and probably the only reason I voted for TEAMARIC when it all came down to it was because I've known Marvin for so long as my friend.

Great job to both teams! I hope we have a great year under Marvin and ric--as long as ric doesn't mysteriously disappear in order that Marvin may have a dictatorship. That would be scary. :anxious:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Great four months, Christian ;) And...ric will be mysteriously disappearing for a few weeks very soon :evillaugh:

Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

This is shocking, :shock: This is the first time I have voted for someone and they didn't loose.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Great job on snatching so many votes, Marvin and ric! The next four months should be quite exciting! \:D/

Interesting. In all of the 2009 elections, I voted for a non-winning team, all of 2010 I voted for the winning team, and this year I have a mix going. :-k
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Marv wrote:Great four months, Christian ;)
Oh, I see. I wondered how there had been nineteen elections since 2005. :D
Marv wrote: And...ric will be mysteriously disappearing for a few weeks very soon :evillaugh:
Isn't that because he is going on vacation or something? :P
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Christian A. wrote:
Marv wrote: And...ric will be mysteriously disappearing for a few weeks very soon :evillaugh:
That’s the cover story. :-$
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Congrats Marv and Ric, and a good run to Embee and Bookworm--hopefully you two will be running next term! Both teams have a dedication to the board and have had some good discussions!

Hehe, Bookworm...yup, that sounds about right...then I'll sneak in and take over...mwhahahahahahahahahahaha... :badgrin:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

bookworm wrote:
Christian A. wrote:
That’s the cover story. :-$
Forsooth.
SoccerLOTR wrote: Hehe, Bookworm...yup, that sounds about right...then I'll sneak in and take over...mwhahahahahahahahahahaha...
Interesting hypothesis.