Election Results - Term 19 Edition!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Election Results - Term 19 Edition!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

It's hard to believe we are now ready to bring to power the nineteenth administration team! After about a month of campaigning, two teams emerged with the funds necessary to compete for the administrative crown. A turn-out of 65 votes were cast in the Nineteenth Town of Odyssey Election.

Click the spoiler tag below to see the results! \:D/
Marvin D. and ric will become the new Mayor and Chief of Police of the Town of Odyssey and took 40 votes, including 1 absentee vote, (63%) to defeat the other teams. EMBEE and bookworm finished second with 25 votes, including two absentee votes (37%).
The winners will be appointed to their posts tonight (Monday evening). The moderators will be decided in the near future, so keep your eyes open for that announcement! Congratulations to all the teams involved.

Just so you know, the poll thread is located here. This thread was created to easily identify the election results (in the same way we did for past elections) and the poll thread has been subsequently moved to City Hall for archiving.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Congrats to the 2 person CC team. Now I can proudly say that is who I ended up voting for.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Congratulations Teamaric! Looking forward to the next term! :D

Team Endeavor, you are a great team! Hope to see you in future elections. :yes: :yes:

Congrats to both teams for a good run! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

It seems I have a habit of voting for the losing team... well, congratulations.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Congrats, Teamaric! \:D/ I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job of leading this town.

A good race to EMBEE and bookworm as well! :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Make that 2 campaigns that I've worked on and won! Congrats J and Ric.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Congratulations guys. =D>

I actually didn't decide who I was going to vote for until the voting started. :anxious: It was just such a difficult decision. ](*,) But. I ended up choosing Teamaric. \:D/ I really did like your team though, Endeavor. :yes:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

3 absentee votes? Seriously, who does that? :P

Congrats to Teamaric! I'm so glad for you guys! \:D/

Regards to Endeavor as well. You ran a good campaign.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

CONGRATULATIONS TEAMARIC! :bounce: You guys are going to do fantastic, I know. :yes: Great job! And Endeavor, I totally agree. I'd love to see you guys in an election again sometime. You had some great ideas on your platform.

\:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Anne was the one who told me we'd won actually, so I came here to check for sure :- Wow \:D/ Great job, Endeavor! It was fun competing against you, because there's more fun with someone actually running ;) And thank you, guys!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Congratulations, TEAMARIC! =D> I am looking forward to your term!

Endeavor you were an awesome team! You ran a great campaign.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Congrats to both teams for making it to the election! You are both excellent and honestly I would have been pleased with either team. It was a tough choice to choose one team to vote for.

Congrats on your win TEAMARIC! (I did vote for you. ;) )
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Congrats Marv and Ric. I'm glad you got the town. Now I'll just take the County. ;)
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Congrats, make Ric Flair proud! :x
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Congratulations, Marvin and ric! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Like real life candidates I had both an acceptance and concession speech prepared, but naturally I wanted to give the other one.
Citizens of The Town of Odyssey, it is from an interesting position that I speak to you today. Of course I am disappointed to loose the race, but I am not disheartened. This election, regardless of the outcome, brought to fulfillment a desire that has been within me since the day I joined this community nearly five years ago. The desire to experience being in a ToO election. It was an exhilarating experience, and I am very happy to have finally had it.
My aspiration was the race itself, and that has been accomplished. Anything afterwards would have simply been a bonus.
I have absolutely no resentment over loosing. Marvin and ric, I give you my most sincere congratulations. Honestly, if I hadn’t been running I would have supported you firmly. You are both wonderful members, and I’m sure you will do a fine job.

And as always, my loaner secret service personnel will be transferred to you from the previous administration.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm wrote:Like real life candidates I had both an acceptance and concession speech prepared, but naturally I wanted to give the other one.
Citizens of The Town of Odyssey, it is from an interesting position that I speak to you today. Of course I am disappointed to loose the race, but I am not disheartened. This election, regardless of the outcome, brought to fulfillment a desire that has been within me since the day I joined this community nearly five years ago. The desire to experience being in a ToO election. It was an exhilarating experience, and I am very happy to have finally had it.
My aspiration was the race itself, and that has been accomplished. Anything afterwards would have simply been a bonus.
I have absolutely no resentment over loosing. Marvin and ric, I give you my most sincere congratulations. Honestly, if I hadn’t been running I would have supported you firmly. You are both wonderful members, and I’m sure you will do a fine job.

And as always, my loaner secret service personnel will be transferred to you from the previous administration.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I feel bad because I didn't make a speech, whether I lost or won. If I won, it would have been, "Yeah, I won! Bye, you losers! :x", and if I lost, it'd be, "Conspiracy! Someone rigged the poll!" :anxious: That, or something like the speech I gave yesterday in chat :-

Thank you very much, bookworm, though \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Congratz Teamric! Voted for you guys!
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Congratulations to Marv and Ric! I'm sure that you will have a successful term!
*insert provocative quote here*
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

WOOOO ric and Marvin! Get out there and make us proud. \:D/