IIIIIINTRODUCING....

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

60 really active users :- As you can tell by how many people vote in the elections. Really...I was on a bigger message board with over two hundred active users, and there were only...4 mods, 2 admins. 1 of the admins doesn't even come in all that often, and one of the mods isn't too active. And guess what? It's not in shambles. So really, your time will come ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I second Jelly. Does that make it acceptable now, since I'm not a mod? \:D/

Nope cause you were a mod 6 times. How many admins in the past 5 terms have not been mods?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I second Jelly. Does that make it acceptable now, since I'm not a mod? \:D/
Nope cause you were a mod 6 times. How many admins in the past 5 terms have not been mods?
Chill, bro. ;) Complaining about this will only make the next team not want to select you.
Marv wrote:So really, your time will come ;)
This.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I am not mad. I am not complaining. :no: I am merely stating the facts. How many admins haven't served as mods before hand?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:How many admins haven't served as mods before hand?
The Top Crusader, Eugene Blackgaard, Oba-rai, Azariah Ben Yaakov.

What is the point you are trying to make? Do you think you should have been made a mod? Do you think teamaric somehow unfairly chose too few mods?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Knight Fisher wrote:

She's been on the board six years. One term a year, if you look at it that way. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:How many admins haven't served as mods before hand?
The Top Crusader, Eugene Blackgaard, Oba-rai, Azariah Ben Yaakov.

What is the point you are trying to make? Do you think you should have been made a mod? Do you think teamaric somehow unfairly chose too few mods?
Yes, pray tell.

I already showed that we picked an average number, a number which isn't even necessary.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Knight Fisher wrote:Thus says the mod. You guys are really helping my case thanks.
Nah, thus says the guy who's been around for over three years and has a bunch of experience. ;)

Everyone else here pretty much agrees that mods are selected based on maturity and experience, and that the ToO simply doesn't need a bunch of mods. I'm not really sure why you're still trying to argue, unless you're just kinda mad that you didn't get chosen. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Great choices! =D>

For the record the average number of mods is 13.89. :p
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Irwin wrote:Great choices! =D>

For the record the average number of mods is 13.89. :p
Wow, I was pretty close then. \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

New members always seem to freak out if they aren’t picked within two or three elections, and I can’t decide if I find it humorous or annoying.
All I have to say on the matter is I was a member for over four years before I was chosen, and I didn’t have a problem with that. The reason I joined this site was not to become a moderator. I was perfectly content being a basic member, knowing that if I was right for the position my time would come. In all honesty I was surprised to be selected last term. I hadn’t been waiting election to election hoping I would be picked.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I am not mad about not being chosen. I had been around less than a week. I'm not completely dense. I am merely stating that whoever has more modding experience. Is more likely to be elected. I don't really care to be mod. I just don't think its fair for people to be chosen over and over. When other people with over a hundreds of posts, who haven't served should not be chosen.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Knight Fisher wrote:I am not mad about not being chosen. I had been around less than a week. I'm not completely dense. I am merely stating that whoever has more modding experience. Is more likely to be elected. I don't really care to be mod. I just don't think its fair for people to be chosen over and over. When other people with over a hundreds of posts, who haven't served should not be chosen.
Ok this stuff I'm about to say is PURELY a description of NOBODY just to say what I think a Mod should be i'm not mad at anybody or anything ;)
In my opinion Mods should be people who do not spam, unless it's a good situation ( A thread in padded room or a crazy Hillingdale thread for instance) One who is responsible and actually cares about good work/cleaning up the town someone who doesn't complain when they are not chosen, and one who has a great interest in making the town a better place. That's how I see it anyway :-
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

bookworm wrote:New members always seem to freak out if they aren’t picked within two or three elections, and I can’t decide if I find it humorous or annoying.
All I have to say on the matter is I was a member for over four years before I was chosen, and I didn’t have a problem with that. The reason I joined this site was not to become a moderator. I was perfectly content being a basic member, knowing that if I was right for the position my time would come. In all honesty I was surprised to be selected last term. I hadn’t been waiting election to election hoping I would be picked.
And I was a member for five years before my first. Then again, I did join when I was only 10...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

OK, whatever. There isn't much point in continuing the conversation. As I don't want to be a mod and I am not complaining.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Knight Fisher wrote:I am merely stating that whoever has more modding experience. Is more likely to be elected. I don't really care to be mod. I just don't think its fair for people to be chosen over and over. When other people with over a hundreds of posts, who haven't served should not be chosen.
I don't get what you're trying to say, bro. What's wrong with any of that? If you're a good choice for a moderator, you'll probably get picked as one. The admins don't sit down and go 'ok, let's figure out what's the most FAIR and only choose mods who haven't been chosen before', because that wouldn't work, and it's also unnecesary. The admins instead merely sit down and go 'ok, we need some mods this term. Let's see who would be the best choices'. ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I see what you are saying KF, but I would have to agree with Jelly as well.

If you want to run for mayor and don't have any modding experience, that shouldn't matter. What matters is if you have been a good citizen. I would never vote for someone based on if they had been a mod or not. You should vote based on how they act and how good their platform is. ;)
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Knight Fisher wrote:OK, whatever. There isn't much point in continuing the conversation. As I don't want to be a mod and I am not complaining.
Like I said...
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:OK, whatever. There isn't much point in continuing the conversation. As I don't want to be a mod and I am not complaining.
Like I said...
Yup I saw that. ;)

I was just explaining why a member running for admin doesn't need to have been a mod.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Knight Fisher wrote:I am not mad about not being chosen. I had been around less than a week. I'm not completely dense. I am merely stating that whoever has more modding experience. Is more likely to be elected. I don't really care to be mod. I just don't think its fair for people to be chosen over and over. When other people with over a hundreds of posts, who haven't served should not be chosen.
But...if people who have never served as anything never get to serve, how will things go on? I mean, obviously AE(for example) had a first time to be in some sort of 'leadership' place. \:D/ Or am I misunderstanding you? 'cause I have been known to do that. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.