The Modification Poll [RESULTS REVEALED]

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!

Which modification would you like to see installed on the ToO?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:11 am

Badges
48%
'Like' Button
52%

Total votes: 50

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

The Modification Poll [RESULTS REVEALED]

Post by jelly »

Alright people of the ToO, this is it. The fate of the board's future is in your hands! This poll will run for five days, and at the end of those days the winning modification will be installed on the ToO. Will it be the legendary Badges? Or the infamous Like button? It's up to you!

Here's a quick summery of your options, in case you're not sure:

Option 1 - Badges
a.k.a., a Rewards/Achievement system! With this feature, you would have the opportunity to receive ToO medals (or badges) for different achievements, such as post count, roleplaying, serving as a moderator or for winning contests.

Option 2 - The 'Like' Button
a.k.a., a 'Thank You' button on people's posts, so you can stamp your approval on someone's posts with the simple click of a button! This feature would not be intended to lessen the amount of posting or regular interaction, but to merely add an additional element of fun to the ToO.

I encourage you to thoughtfully consider your vote! Tyler are both confident that the Like button would not pose any kind of threat to our regular interaction, so do not be so quickly discouraged from the idea based on hasty assumptions of what it might look like. On the other hand, Badges would be pretty awesome, so go ahead and take your pick! \:D/

EDIT:
EK wrote:Also, people, please note, the mod has no official timetable to be installed. These mods require a lot of set-up as the ToO is already heavily modded, we'll have to work out kinks before an official release. So it may take up to week or so after the poll before you guys actually see the fruits of your voting labor. ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Write-in candidate: both.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

American Eagle wrote:Write-in candidate: both.
That is a very viable option. ;)
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I vote for both.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Can I vote for both, too? If it's possible.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah I'd rather just have each on a separate poll with "yes or no" or something, because they are both awesome.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Really, I think the only reason we had decided to do it this way was because of the amount of people who are vehemently opposed to the like button, allowing them a second option rather then simply a 'No'.

In time, it's very possible we'll do both if popular opinion swings that way. ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ahhhhhh! I can't decide now, I was going to pick badges, but, now I don't know... badges are awesome, and the like button is equally awesome and controversial on top of that. \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I know, I'm pretty sure I picked the like button simply because of how controversial it's become. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Jelly wrote:I know, I'm pretty sure I picked the like button simply because of how controversial it's become. \:D/
This. :anxious: It truly swayed my vote.

Also, people, please note, the mod has no official timetable to be installed. These mods require a lot of set-up as the ToO is already heavily modded, we'll have to work out kinks before an official release. So it may take up to week or so after the poll before you guys actually see the fruits of your voting labor. ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Badges. \:D/

....I would probably vote both though, if that option was available.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

EK wrote:Ahhhhhh! I can't decide now, I was going to pick badges, but, now I don't know... badges are awesome, and the like button is equally awesome and controversial on top of that. \:D/
Jelly wrote:I know, I'm pretty sure I picked the like button simply because of how controversial it's become. \:D/
And this is a big reason why I have decided to leave.

I have a personal issue with trolls.

It is rude, and disrespectful to me. Yoou don't even care about my opinion, and you have no idea what the repercussions of your trolling might be. Someone could be considering suicide, and you could drive them over the edge. You are simply trying to have the last laugh, and it's not funny.

So, unless and until you people learn some respect, I bid you goodbye, and fairwell.

(No, I'm not considering suicide, but I know someone who attempted to, largely because of internet trolls.)
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I'm not sure this is what you would call trolling. >_> But if you leave you'll be missed. :)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Someone could be considering suicide, and you could drive them over the edge. You are simply trying to have the last laugh, and it's not funny.
That's rather a broad statement, even if it is not meant literally. :anxious:

A lot of the ways ToOers debate things has bothered me too, JCGJ, that's why I've had to not get involved with most of it. :) I think it's pretty safe to say that none of the members involved mean to come across as such(well, most of them don't at least :anxious: ). But people have been letting everyone know that it's getting to them, so hopefully all of those involved can take the hint. :)
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up".

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

JCGJ... no one is voting for "Like" to tick you off. Most of us want to see the ToO get the new button and there's no reason for you to take this personally.

I hope you stay. :)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I voted for Badges! \:D/ Because I've always liked getting rewards for stuff. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I voted for badges but I like the other option. Boo HOO
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

...I'm starting to find this whole thing annoying.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I'm just amazed at the need for controversy...over this.

Really guys? Eat a mushroom and grow up! :x
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

EK is encouraging drug use. :noway:

Like button gets my vote, because badges are silly.
...I hate marquees.