Special election-related announcement

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Knight Fisher wrote:Is it too late to vote for Harrison Ford? :(
I'll be honest - that would have been my first choice as well. :(
Shadowpaw wrote:
Kairi wrote:Glad to see you back, Shadowpaw.

shadowpaw, shadowpaw, does whatever a shadowpaw can...
Is he strong? Listen bub, he's got admin privileges.
Surfs the web all the time...
bookworm wrote:Yes, that's what I've been saying. This isn't an empty Term, despite being told that having no Teams in the Election would result in one.
In the past, the expectation was that the term would have to be empty because I only have so much time, and I spend a lot of it at work and doing other non-ToO stuff, and I wouldn't be able to do a ton of stuff. In this case, in a totally unexpected turn of events, the owner of the board decided he had the time to help make this term a lot more interesting than it would have been otherwise. Sometimes things turn out even better than expected! That's what happened here.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:Sometimes things turn out even better than expected! That's what happened here.
That remains to be seen.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Way to be a positive Patty. Even if this is a complete failure, it'll only be for a few months.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't know why I'm here, but I am.

Congrats on the win, Shadowpaw! \:D/

EDIT: WOW, I'm still a mod. :o
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Sometimes things turn out even better than expected! That's what happened here.
That remains to be seen.
Let me rephrase. Sometimes things turn out differently than expected. That's what is happening here. By the end of the term, different people may have varying opinions as to whether it was better or worse or the same as what they expected, and whether that was a good thing or not. But it probably won't be boring!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Welcome back, Shadowpaw! :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

If we had an 'empty Term' I bet the ToO would die considering the current state that it is in. It's been super quiet around here.. and fewer members have been logging on.

So this may just be what the ToO needs. It is hard to call it this early, but you never know.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Way to be a positive Patty. Even if this is a complete failure, it'll only be for a few months.
First off, you have to realize I’m just being my overly cautious to change self. (Not your fault for not knowing, you’re new here.) I’m not entirely as pessimistic about this as I sound.
That said though I do still have some concerns, as I do when anything is dropped in out of absolutely nowhere. Uncertainty is always cause for concern.
To your claim though, while under a regular administration a ‘failure’ is only temporary with no real lasting effects, this is not a regular administration. Shadowpaw owns the site. When he does things, they stay. So if it’s a failure, it doesn’t go away when he does.
(Again, I’m not insinuating that I expect implementation of failures in the coming months, I’m only pointing out that in this unique situation your point is inaccurate.)

Catspaw wrote:
bookworm wrote:
That remains to be seen.
Let me rephrase. Sometimes things turn out differently than expected. That's what is happening here. By the end of the term, different people may have varying opinions as to whether it was better or worse or the same as what they expected, and whether that was a good thing or not. But it probably won't be boring!
Now this is entirely accurate. :yes:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:To your claim though, while under a regular administration a ‘failure’ is only temporary with no real lasting effects, this is not a regular administration. Shadowpaw owns the site. When he does things, they stay. So if it’s a failure, it doesn’t go away when he does.
The Town of Odyssey is my child. It's all grown up now and has a life of its own, but I still care about it and want to it to live up to it's potential. ;) If any of the things I want to implement don't work out, I'm not going to leave the town in ruins and vanish. I'll work to get them right.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You mean you plan to stay around? :o
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:You mean you plan to stay around? :o
Haha, I've only been back for a few days, and there will come time I have to leave again (just like that time will come for all of us) but I'm not thinking about when I'm going to leave right now, if that makes sense?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It makes sense, but it doesn’t really answer the question. You’ll be here for at least a few months, since you’re stepping into leadership during the void term, but do you see yourself remaining after that, or are you here to fill the void only? And if you’re staying on, would it be a full return, as a frequent poster and all that, or would you only keep an eye one things from time to time, or would it be like it has been with you popping in just once in a blue moon or when there’s trouble?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:It makes sense, but it doesn’t really answer the question. You’ll be here for at least a few months, since you’re stepping into leadership during the void term, but do you see yourself remaining after that, or are you here to fill the void only? And if you’re staying on, would it be a full return, as a frequent poster and all that, or would you only keep an eye one things from time to time, or would it be like it has been with you popping in just once in a blue moon or when there’s trouble?
That's a lot of questions that I can't really answer without knowing what will happen in my personal life in the next several months. But I can promise that my goal here is to make the Town of Odyssey a fun place to visit, increase traffic, and bring some new ideas to the table. I want to make it a hard place for people to leave again. This goes the same for me. So if I achieve the goals I set out for myself, I will continue to be a presence around here.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shadowpaw wrote:That's a lot of questions that I can't really answer without knowing what will happen in my personal life in the next several months.
Of course. My real question was just, in general, are you actually back, as a member, or were you here in the interim, with that being your only concern. Hold us over through the void and then off you go again. Glad to hear it's the former. :)
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

American Eagle wrote:WOW, I'm still a mod. :o
Catspaw wrote:Since the election would have been this weekend, current admins and mods will be removed Sunday evening, around the same time that they would have been if there had been an election.
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

This is cool. \:D/ I can't wait to see what kinds of changes are in store for this dear little town. It's been too long since we were graced with the presence of the great Shadowpaw.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Awww welcome back shadowpaw! It's crazy to think you're back, even if in a limited role. Looking forward to the new ideas and features that are coming our way!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:shock: Kenric! Talk about a blast from the past! It seems that Shadowpaw has inspired lots of people to come post again!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So I have several questions. Still trying to figure out exactly what happened here.

How did your return come about?
Were you notified by someone else that you might want to consider coming by because we had an empty ballot?
Did you see the situation and decide to step in yourself?
Were you already considering coming back and the empty ballot compelled you to do it now?

Why did you return?
Was it influenced by the empty ballot at all, or just convenient timing?
If we had had a normal Election this cycle, would you still have come back?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:So I have several questions. Still trying to figure out exactly what happened here.

How did your return come about?
Were you notified by someone else that you might want to consider coming by because we had an empty ballot?
Did you see the situation and decide to step in yourself?
Were you already considering coming back and the empty ballot compelled you to do it now?
While I didn't often post, or even read many of the threads here I do check in from time to time and noticed that the election was going on. I saw Catspaw's thread and thought "Hmm, this hasn't happened before." I then sent Catspaw a message asking if she was interested in me returning, and here we are!
bookworm wrote:Why did you return?
Was it influenced by the empty ballot at all, or just convenient timing?
If we had had a normal Election this cycle, would you still have come back?
I've always thought I would come back in a limited capacity some day. The fact it's the summer and I should have more free time on my hands soon was also a factor, so the timing was also very convenient.

If this was a normal election cycle and people were on the ballot, I wouldn't have even considered it.

As for board announcements, I should be making some soon. I've had a crazy work week and haven't really been home for more than the time it takes to sleep since I pretty much agreed to come back, but things should die down soon and I'll let you all know what I'm thinking!