Special election-related announcement

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yay, drama.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm game for this. It is about time something different is happening.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Glad to see you back, Shadowpaw.

shadowpaw, shadowpaw, does whatever a shadowpaw can...
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Shadowpaw wrote: With that in mind, I encourage and request any and all feedback about what people would like to see changed around here and I'll start thinking about ways I can make this place lively again!
Democracy! I demand Democracy! #-o :mrgreen: :-
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Kairi wrote:Glad to see you back, Shadowpaw.

shadowpaw, shadowpaw, does whatever a shadowpaw can...
Is he strong? Listen bub, he's got admin privileges.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shadowpaw wrote:Out of curiosity, what were you told an empty term would consist of?
We’ve always been told that should there be a Term with no Team, or a Term where only one Team made the ballot and didn’t win the vote, Catspaw would be the sole administrator for the duration and appoint a handful of moderators.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:Out of curiosity, what were you told an empty term would consist of?
We’ve always been told that should there be a Term with no Team, or a Term where only one Team made the ballot and didn’t win the vote, Catspaw would be the sole administrator for the duration and appoint a handful of moderators.
You're more than welcome to consider Catspaw the sole administrator and me as the owner who's come to give her a hand. We will still be appointing moderators to help out around here.

There will be no Mayor or Chief of Police this term.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shadowpaw wrote:You're more than welcome to consider Catspaw the sole administrator and me as the owner who's come to give her a hand.
Sure, but give a hand with what exactly? Nothing will be going on, on an administrative level, that's why it's an empty Term. :-k
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:You're more than welcome to consider Catspaw the sole administrator and me as the owner who's come to give her a hand.
Sure, but give a hand with what exactly? Nothing will be going on, on an administrative level, that's why it's an empty Term. :-k
I think you're confusing "empty term" with "anarchy."
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

bookworm wrote:
Don't worry, they'll probably just be deleting the board. NBD. \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I am actually really interested in ToO again considering this development.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shadowpaw wrote:I think you're confusing "empty term" with "anarchy."
I don't think so, anarchy would be having no administrator which isn't the case as we have Catspaw. An empty Term is what I previous explained was explained to us. Catspaw would be in power, because she always is, but would be sole administrator because there is no elected team. She would not be running events and that kind of thing elected admins do, thus the Term is empty. It's simply waiting until the next Election.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:I don't think so, anarchy would be having no administrator which isn't the case as we have Catspaw. An empty Term is what I previous explained was explained to us. Catspaw would be in power, because she always is, but would be sole administrator because there is no elected team. She would not be running events and that kind of thing elected admins do, thus the Term is empty. It's simply waiting until the next Election.
Well then, this isn't going to be an empty term, based on this definition, as that sounds incredibly boring.

This is going to be a Legendary Term!! \:D/ \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, that's what I've been saying. This isn't an empty Term, despite being told that having no Teams in the Election would result in one.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Shadowpaw wrote:
bookworm wrote:I don't think so, anarchy would be having no administrator which isn't the case as we have Catspaw. An empty Term is what I previous explained was explained to us. Catspaw would be in power, because she always is, but would be sole administrator because there is no elected team. She would not be running events and that kind of thing elected admins do, thus the Term is empty. It's simply waiting until the next Election.
Well then, this isn't going to be an empty term, based on this definition, as that sounds incredibly boring.

Legen ... wait for it ... DARY!

"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

That doesn't sound like an Empty Term, that sounds like...stagnation. All here for LEGENDS. Does that include BRIAN BLESSED?!

Anyway, Shadowpaw's the ToO's creator. How many times have gods come back to their children? ;) (Cranky atheist joke warning.)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Kait wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:

Legen ... wait for it ... DARY!

First order of business... the ToO needs a LIKE button!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

*like*
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I'm very excited about Shadowpaw coming back to spruce this place up! We need some sprucing. Nice piney smell. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I, for one, welcome our new paw overlords.