Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:40 pm 
Town Founder
User avatar
Always Watching....

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:00 am

Posts: 2772
Age: 34
Gender: Male

Cash: 370.99
AIO Psyche wrote:
WHOA WHOA WHOA. I'm taking that statement very seriously and HIGHLY personal. :noway:

I was NOT referring to you! :^o

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:46 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
User avatar
I am :mrgreen:

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Posts: 2536
Age: 22
Gender: Male

Cash: 2.12
Bank: 631.96
Shadowpaw wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:
WHOA WHOA WHOA. I'm taking that statement very seriously and HIGHLY personal. :noway:

I was NOT referring to you! :^o

Uh, yes you were. Don't you remember that conversation we had over PM? :-

_________________
I am Mr. Green
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image
A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
Image
That is all.



Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:48 pm 
Town Founder
User avatar
Always Watching....

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:00 am

Posts: 2772
Age: 34
Gender: Male

Cash: 370.99
~JCGJ~ wrote:
Uh, yes you were. Don't you remember that conversation we had over PM? :-

Shhh. What part of P in PM do you not understand?!?

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:50 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 14255
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 881.46
Bank: 55,000.00
I actually have a different concern about it. (Not that I’m really concerned, that just seems like the best word to use.) I don’t have a problem with the olbie exclusivity, as such, from a position of prejudice to newer members. That’s your prerogative. The only reason I would have reservations is because it seems somewhat against the general purpose of moderator selection. You’re looking for people who can step up to help keep things running smoothly. You know these people could do that once, but as you noted yourself they have been gone for quite some time, as you have been. It can’t necessarily be assumed that after being out of ‘the loop’ for so long they are in the best position to be the overseers of the current community, as they may have to reacclimate.

_________________
Image
Sig by snubs


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:51 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
User avatar
I am :mrgreen:

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Posts: 2536
Age: 22
Gender: Male

Cash: 2.12
Bank: 631.96
"Post Meridian."
Post means after; I understand that perfectly. :mrgreen:

_________________
I am Mr. Green
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image
A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
Image
That is all.



Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:51 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 14255
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 881.46
Bank: 55,000.00
"Prime Minister."
Prime means first.

_________________
Image
Sig by snubs


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm 
Geniune Disney Cast Member
User avatar
Hmmmm.

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:37 pm

Posts: 2127
Age: 30
Gender: Male

Cash: 142.06
Bank: 0.00
That's what I like about you, Bookworm; You don't take life too seriously \:D/

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:58 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 14255
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 881.46
Bank: 55,000.00
AIO Psyche wrote:
That's what I like about you, Bookworm; You don't take life too seriously \:D/
This made me smile a lot.

_________________
Image
Sig by snubs


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:01 pm 
Town Founder
User avatar
Always Watching....

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:00 am

Posts: 2772
Age: 34
Gender: Male

Cash: 370.99
bookworm wrote:
I actually have a different concern about it. (Not that I’m really concerned, that just seems like the best word to use.) I don’t have a problem with the olbie exclusivity, as such, from a position of prejudice to newer members. That’s your prerogative. The only reason I would have reservations is because it seems somewhat against the general purpose of moderator selection. You’re looking for people who can step up to help keep things running smoothly. You know these people could do that once, but as you noted yourself they have been gone for quite some time, as you have been. It can’t necessarily be assumed that after being out of ‘the loop’ for so long they are in the best position to be the overseers of the current community, as they may have to reacclimate.

We're talking about a message board, not running a country. ;) If this was a busy message board, I would probably have selected differently. But we have averaged 30 posts a day in the last 3 months. The reality is, we don't even need moderators. This is just meant to be fun.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:02 pm 
darcietastical
darcietastical
User avatar
Nothing to see here.

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:37 am

Posts: 7105
Age: 40
Gender: Female

Cash: 159.09
bookworm wrote:
You know these people could do that once, but as you noted yourself they have been gone for quite some time, as you have been. It can’t necessarily be assumed that after being out of ‘the loop’ for so long they are in the best position to be the overseers of the current community, as they may have to reacclimate.

My moderator finger is getting a little rusty with disuse... Is this how it works?

*deletes Harlequin *

Whoops. :anxious:

_________________
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:04 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 14255
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 881.46
Bank: 55,000.00
Shadowpaw wrote:
If this was a busy message board, I would probably have selected differently. But we have average 30 posts a day in the last 3 months. The reality is, we don't even need moderators. This is just meant to be fun.
I completely agree and foresee no problem. I was just noting where a more valid concern could be found (as opposed to being offended by an oldbie bias and such), not saying I personally have that concern.

_________________
Image
Sig by snubs


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:05 pm 
Town Founder
User avatar
Always Watching....

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:00 am

Posts: 2772
Age: 34
Gender: Male

Cash: 370.99
bookworm wrote:
I completely agree and foresee no problem. I was just noting where a more valid concern could be found (as opposed to being offended by an oldbie bias and such), not saying I personally have that concern.

Haha, well look what you did, you made Darcie delete Harlequin!

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:11 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 14255
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 881.46
Bank: 55,000.00
I did not! :noway: If you’re playing that kind of blame game you made her do it, since my post was in response to your post. Or you could say whoever sent the pms you mentioned made her do it, since your post was in response to those.

_________________
Image
Sig by snubs


Last edited by bookworm on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:14 pm 
Town Founder
User avatar
Always Watching....

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:00 am

Posts: 2772
Age: 34
Gender: Male

Cash: 370.99
bookworm wrote:
I did not! :noway: If you’re playing that kind of blame game you made her do it, since my post was in response to your post. Or you could say whoever sent the pms you mentioned made her do it, since your post was in response to those.

~JCGJ~ !!!!!!!

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:20 pm 
Feminazi Extraordinaire
User avatar
growing up wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the responsibilities. those are lame.

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:33 am

Posts: 4523
Age: 27
Gender: Female

Cash: 15.30
Bank: 21,535.33
Blog: View Blog (1)
AIO Psyche wrote:
IN ACCORDANCE TO PARAGRAPH 429, SECTION 36 B OF THE RULES, YOU WILL BE DETAINED FOR DOUBLE POSTING KAIT.

What a poor example you are setting for these kids, Kait. Surely, you must be ashamed of your actions.

Also, it's FEMINAZI, DUH. Anybody who's listened to Rush Limbaugh knows that.


I only posted once. The Internet is the one who decided to post for me again. :noway:

Also, FEMINAZI is only reserved for those of us who have earned a title. You can't become a Feminazi overnight! :x


Shadowpaw wrote:
Lastly, and this isn't meant to be disrespectful, but one of the largest differences I see between the core ToO citizens today and the group that existed many years ago, is that things are sometimes taken too seriously and too personally nowadays. This board was created to be a fun place to come, chat about Odyssey, God, life and everything in between. You may find it hard to believe, but there was a time where debates were banned because of the problems we had on the Town Hall when things got too serious, and it made that place not very fun to visit.


I also see this as a big difference from when I first joined to now. One of the reasons I don't pop in as much stems from this ... which isn't necessarily a bad thing! Just that the culture of the board has changed over the years. That being said, I am very excited to be a part of a team trying to breathe some new life into this place. And part of that might be bringing oldbies to bring back some of that initial spunk of the Newborn ToO! \:D/

_________________
Image
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:21 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
User avatar
SCREAMING BLASPHEMY.

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:54 pm

Posts: 5045
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Cash: 121.94
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (4)
AIO Psyche wrote:
As Spock would say, "I come to serve."



Image


Image

Green-blooded hobgoblin.

Glad to be aboard.

_________________
Image
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:51 pm 
I spam the HH. A lot
User avatar
can I finally update my status, or...?

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Posts: 4171
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash: 4,955.99
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (14)
Shadowpaw wrote:
Lastly, and this isn't meant to be disrespectful, but one of the largest differences I see between the core ToO citizens today and the group that existed many years ago, is that things are sometimes taken too seriously and too personally nowadays. This board was created to be a fun place to come, chat about Odyssey, God, life and everything in between. You may find it hard to believe, but there was a time where debates were banned because of the problems we had on the Town Hall when things got too serious, and it made that place not very fun to visit.


To be honest, this has bothered me for a while as well. I'm fine with debates—when we can keep it respectful and informative, and when we can talk to each other without being excessively sarcastic and rude. I'm not fine with the fact that we get into so many of these debates where many people come across as—and I write with all awareness that I am probably guilty of this—intellectual snobs. It feels like all we want to do is tear into each other nowadays when another person dares to disagree, and instead of simply stating and elaborating on a point, we have to insert cruelly sarcastic comments that belittle the other person instead of having a reasoned discussion. Again, I'm not bemoaning debates, nor am I going to pretend like that's the only thing we do—we've had other active topics. We're just not really able to have a lot of fun with things anymore—or, as I'd really like to do, discuss AIO anymore.

On an unrelated note, to our old friends: Welcome back! \:D/

_________________
Image
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:17 pm 
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
User avatar
I am :mrgreen:

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Posts: 2536
Age: 22
Gender: Male

Cash: 2.12
Bank: 631.96
I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK. :noway: :shame:

_________________
I am Mr. Green
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image
A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
Image
That is all.



Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:18 pm 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness
User avatar


Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Posts: 5219
Age: 21
Gender: Male

Cash: 288.85
Bank: 0.00
While the ethics of these appointments can be debated for posterity. I'd just like to point out:

Image

This is progress people. \:D/

_________________
Image
G'kar wrote:
Not many fishies left in the sea Not many fishies, just Londo and me.


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Council of Legends
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:21 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar


Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Posts: 14255
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 881.46
Bank: 55,000.00
Kait wrote:
I am very excited to be a part of a team trying to breathe some new life into this place. And part of that might be bringing oldbies to bring back some of that initial spunk of the Newborn ToO! \:D/


_________________
Image
Sig by snubs


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.