The Council of Legends

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

The Council of Legends

Post by Shadowpaw »

Without further ado, I would like to present to you, the COUNCIL OF LEGENDS. As this Town has been around for almost a decade, I reached out to many of the founding members of the board who helped create this board in the first place. Some of these names may be unfamiliar to you, and some of them you have heard whispers of, but the legendary heroes and villains from our town's past that have agreed to join myself and Catspaw during this legendary term are:
  • Eugene Blackgaard
    Jonathan
    Bmuntz
    AIO Psyche
    The Top Crusader
    Iron and Light
    Darcie
    Kait
    EK
    Kairi
    Sherlock
    Jelly
    JesusFreak777
Many of whom have even come out of retirement. Please join me and welcoming these faces from the past to our board, and I hope you enjoy their company as much as I once did! =D> =D> =D>
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Welcome to the legendary moderator team! \:D/ It's great to see so many names from the past. This should be an unique term! About half the list looks like there's a significant representation from the first few mod and admin teams in the ToO's history, which is very fun!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

As Spock would say, "I come to serve."

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I know all you people.

Yay...
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Hmmm.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Marvin D. wrote:Hmmm.
I don't like the way you said that. :noway:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

AIO Psyche wrote:
HMMM.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Here's what I have to say to this team:

"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Marvin D. wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:
HMMM.
:shock:

YOU MUST RESPECT AUTHORITY :x

Let's see, where are those post editing controls....
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Nepotism :noway:
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

bookworm wrote:Nepotism :noway:
It's nice to have people that owe you favors. That's all I'm saying. :-#
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:
HMMM.
:shock:

YOU MUST RESPECT AUTHORITY :x

Let's see, where are those post editing controls....

Settle down there, Sparky! We are saving our violent dictatorship for later. Don't play your hand just yet! :-$
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Kait wrote:Settle down there, Sparky! We are saving our violent dictatorship for later. Don't play your hand just yet! :-$
Dang it. A day late and a dollar short. Perpetually.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Yeah, Kait's just waiting for the perfect moment to feminize all of us. :protest:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Yeah, Kait's just waiting for the perfect moment to feminize all of us. :protest:
Not feminize. :noway: FEMINIST-IZE! \:D/
Last edited by Kait on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

IN ACCORDANCE TO PARAGRAPH 429, SECTION 36 B OF THE RULES, YOU WILL BE DETAINED FOR DOUBLE POSTING KAIT.

What a poor example you are setting for these kids, Kait. Surely, you must be ashamed of your actions.

Also, it's FEMINAZI, DUH. Anybody who's listened to Rush Limbaugh knows that.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I was going to correct things to FEMINAZI but I see AIO Psyche has brought the truth of Rush Limbaugh to the topic already.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I received a couple of messages in my inbox this morning expressing disappointment that only old time members were included on the moderator team, and I just want to address a couple of these issues publicly to let everyone know where I'm coming from.

First, I haven't been around in many, many years and when I realized I had to assemble a moderator team, I realized I don't know very many of the new people! Catspaw would certainly have helped me in this regard, but it got me thinking of who I would appoint if I could, and so I reached out to many of my old ToO friends to see if they would be interested in coming back like I did. It was a great excuse to bring back some traffic to the site, plus I'm still in touch with nearly everyone on the Council. Hopefully their old enthusiasm for the board, along with everyone else's enthusiasm, will help rub off on each other and we can start something great again!

Secondly, once I decided the theme for this term would be Legends, I naturally thought of people and figures from the past who would, by all accounts, be considered legends. Not everyone on the list are the best people for the job, and I've already encountered many wonderful midbies and newbies on here that I would love to work alongside! But once I got stuck on that theme, I wanted to stick with it and made a personal rule to only appoint people from the first few terms where I ran the board. I wasn't intentionally ignoring anyone when putting the team together, and I certainly don't believe any of you deserve to be a moderator any less (in fact, probably WAY more so!). It's just the theme for the term, and once I was able to convince some old time members to come back, it was a done deal.

Thirdly, this is just one term. The appointments, like all moderator appointments, aren't permanent and there are people here who have earned positions of power and responsibility, and those positions will still come in the Fall! As for the allegations of nepotism... I'm afraid I'm not related to anyone I appointed. ;)

Lastly, and this isn't meant to be disrespectful, but one of the largest differences I see between the core ToO citizens today and the group that existed many years ago, is that things are sometimes taken too seriously and too personally nowadays. This board was created to be a fun place to come, chat about Odyssey, God, life and everything in between. You may find it hard to believe, but there was a time where debates were banned because of the problems we had on the Town Hall when things got too serious, and it made that place not very fun to visit. I can't control how you personally react to situations that develop and how you feel about this moderator team, but what I can do is ask that you try to see if for the fun that it is and the fun that it will become. Appointing this group of individuals is not a slight against any of you, it's simply a fun thing to try out for a term and see how things turn out. Guess what? It might fail miserably, and I will shoulder all that blame myself. But if we don't give it a chance and try to have fun with it, it's going to make it difficult for it to be a success.

Don't forget. This is the same group that invented the ToO Story Arc. And I wouldn't count us out... just yet. ;)
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Shadowpaw wrote:Not everyone on the list are the best people for the job
WHOA WHOA WHOA. I'm taking that statement very seriously and HIGHLY personal. :noway: