The Council of Legends

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

AIO Psyche wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I'm taking that statement very seriously and HIGHLY personal. :noway:
I was NOT referring to you! :^o
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Shadowpaw wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I'm taking that statement very seriously and HIGHLY personal. :noway:
I was NOT referring to you! :^o
Uh, yes you were. Don't you remember that conversation we had over PM? :-
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Uh, yes you were. Don't you remember that conversation we had over PM? :-
Shhh. What part of P in PM do you not understand?!?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I actually have a different concern about it. (Not that I’m really concerned, that just seems like the best word to use.) I don’t have a problem with the olbie exclusivity, as such, from a position of prejudice to newer members. That’s your prerogative. The only reason I would have reservations is because it seems somewhat against the general purpose of moderator selection. You’re looking for people who can step up to help keep things running smoothly. You know these people could do that once, but as you noted yourself they have been gone for quite some time, as you have been. It can’t necessarily be assumed that after being out of ‘the loop’ for so long they are in the best position to be the overseers of the current community, as they may have to reacclimate.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

"Post Meridian."
Post means after; I understand that perfectly. :mrgreen:
They/Them
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

"Prime Minister."
Prime means first.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

That's what I like about you, Bookworm; You don't take life too seriously \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

AIO Psyche wrote:That's what I like about you, Bookworm; You don't take life too seriously \:D/
This made me smile a lot.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:I actually have a different concern about it. (Not that I’m really concerned, that just seems like the best word to use.) I don’t have a problem with the olbie exclusivity, as such, from a position of prejudice to newer members. That’s your prerogative. The only reason I would have reservations is because it seems somewhat against the general purpose of moderator selection. You’re looking for people who can step up to help keep things running smoothly. You know these people could do that once, but as you noted yourself they have been gone for quite some time, as you have been. It can’t necessarily be assumed that after being out of ‘the loop’ for so long they are in the best position to be the overseers of the current community, as they may have to reacclimate.
We're talking about a message board, not running a country. ;) If this was a busy message board, I would probably have selected differently. But we have averaged 30 posts a day in the last 3 months. The reality is, we don't even need moderators. This is just meant to be fun.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

bookworm wrote:You know these people could do that once, but as you noted yourself they have been gone for quite some time, as you have been. It can’t necessarily be assumed that after being out of ‘the loop’ for so long they are in the best position to be the overseers of the current community, as they may have to reacclimate.
My moderator finger is getting a little rusty with disuse... Is this how it works?

*deletes Harlequin *

Whoops. :anxious:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shadowpaw wrote:If this was a busy message board, I would probably have selected differently. But we have average 30 posts a day in the last 3 months. The reality is, we don't even need moderators. This is just meant to be fun.
I completely agree and foresee no problem. I was just noting where a more valid concern could be found (as opposed to being offended by an oldbie bias and such), not saying I personally have that concern.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:I completely agree and foresee no problem. I was just noting where a more valid concern could be found (as opposed to being offended by an oldbie bias and such), not saying I personally have that concern.
Haha, well look what you did, you made Darcie delete Harlequin!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I did not! :noway: If you’re playing that kind of blame game you made her do it, since my post was in response to your post. Or you could say whoever sent the pms you mentioned made her do it, since your post was in response to those.
Last edited by bookworm on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:I did not! :noway: If you’re playing that kind of blame game you made her do it, since my post was in response to your post. Or you could say whoever sent the pms you mentioned made her do it, since your post was in response to those.
~JCGJ~ !!!!!!!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

AIO Psyche wrote:IN ACCORDANCE TO PARAGRAPH 429, SECTION 36 B OF THE RULES, YOU WILL BE DETAINED FOR DOUBLE POSTING KAIT.

What a poor example you are setting for these kids, Kait. Surely, you must be ashamed of your actions.

Also, it's FEMINAZI, DUH. Anybody who's listened to Rush Limbaugh knows that.
I only posted once. The Internet is the one who decided to post for me again. :noway:

Also, FEMINAZI is only reserved for those of us who have earned a title. You can't become a Feminazi overnight! :x

Shadowpaw wrote:Lastly, and this isn't meant to be disrespectful, but one of the largest differences I see between the core ToO citizens today and the group that existed many years ago, is that things are sometimes taken too seriously and too personally nowadays. This board was created to be a fun place to come, chat about Odyssey, God, life and everything in between. You may find it hard to believe, but there was a time where debates were banned because of the problems we had on the Town Hall when things got too serious, and it made that place not very fun to visit.
I also see this as a big difference from when I first joined to now. One of the reasons I don't pop in as much stems from this ... which isn't necessarily a bad thing! Just that the culture of the board has changed over the years. That being said, I am very excited to be a part of a team trying to breathe some new life into this place. And part of that might be bringing oldbies to bring back some of that initial spunk of the Newborn ToO! \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

AIO Psyche wrote:As Spock would say, "I come to serve."

Green-blooded hobgoblin.

Glad to be aboard.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Shadowpaw wrote:Lastly, and this isn't meant to be disrespectful, but one of the largest differences I see between the core ToO citizens today and the group that existed many years ago, is that things are sometimes taken too seriously and too personally nowadays. This board was created to be a fun place to come, chat about Odyssey, God, life and everything in between. You may find it hard to believe, but there was a time where debates were banned because of the problems we had on the Town Hall when things got too serious, and it made that place not very fun to visit.
To be honest, this has bothered me for a while as well. I'm fine with debates—when we can keep it respectful and informative, and when we can talk to each other without being excessively sarcastic and rude. I'm not fine with the fact that we get into so many of these debates where many people come across as—and I write with all awareness that I am probably guilty of this—intellectual snobs. It feels like all we want to do is tear into each other nowadays when another person dares to disagree, and instead of simply stating and elaborating on a point, we have to insert cruelly sarcastic comments that belittle the other person instead of having a reasoned discussion. Again, I'm not bemoaning debates, nor am I going to pretend like that's the only thing we do—we've had other active topics. We're just not really able to have a lot of fun with things anymore—or, as I'd really like to do, discuss AIO anymore.

On an unrelated note, to our old friends: Welcome back! \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK. :noway: :shame:
They/Them
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

While the ethics of these appointments can be debated for posterity. I'd just like to point out:

This is progress people. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Kait wrote:I am very excited to be a part of a team trying to breathe some new life into this place. And part of that might be bringing oldbies to bring back some of that initial spunk of the Newborn ToO! \:D/