10th Anniversary and Special Announcement

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Mx.Mohawk
Lurker

Post by Mx.Mohawk »

You slappeth all the floors. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

John Chrysostom wrote:Boooooo

Admins are not as funny as they think
I think we really have you to thank for the whole idea, don't we? I'm a firm believer in people getting credit where credit is due, and however you came up with the idea, joke or not, you definitely deserve a big thank you for opening our eyes to a possibility that hadn't been considered previously. :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I think the concept was batted around before JC made that thread.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I still can't believe certain people actually believed this was a real thing...
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wouldn't lie to us.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

bookworm wrote:Catspaw wouldn't lie to us.
Or would she? 0_O
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

It's always good to have suspicions.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Oh, yeah. April Fools! I let it continue an extra day just to make those who figured it out doubt. ;)

Yes, it's true. I'm so sorry. I have an evil, sick mind designed for torturing you lot. This was all my idea. But Catspaw started it! She made an admin thread suggesting an April Fools prank, and I dreamed this up. It was really great that we managed to get all the admins of both boards in on this little prank! I had higher hopes for the joke, including a .com domain(stupid age restrictions), but unfortunately, there was a limited time to pull everything together. Whatever the case, we managed to fool a few of you, and some decided to play along, even though they figured it out(thank you to snubs and T.S., specifically) Anyways, you can all thank me for my brilliant idea now(or lynch me for my cruel joke, depending on your perspective.)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

*lynches Woody*
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Wooooody, and to think that I actually trusted you :x
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

You're welcome, Woody. This was very well done, and the idea is absolutely hilarious. Shadowpaw making the announcement increased the credibility of the merge by a huge factor. I read his post and went, "This can't be real. But Shadowpaw posted it...? O.o" I also like the new board. :p By the way, is the Jacob Isom account real or did one of you create it?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

I admit, I suspected it from the first. :(

My mind is too suspicious.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

T.S. (myself) wrote:By the way, is the Jacob Isom account real or did one of you create it?
Yes, his account is real. *nods*
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

*doesn't get on much*
*didn't read time stamp*
*already took April Fools guard down*
*not happah*

I actually thought this was a really good idea. ;)

On a side note though, ShadowPaw posted this on March 31st. (Albeit, barely.) So if people were to get technical about the rules of Floor Slapping Day.
and even marriages have been arranged.
xD

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Penguin wrote:
bookworm wrote:Catspaw wouldn't lie to us.
Or would she? 0_O
:anxious:

O:)

Sorry. I promise it won't happen again, or at least not for a really long time! I'm not sure how many people were pretty sure that it was a joke but were going along with it just for fun. I was expecting more people to be loud in their opinions of this one way or another, but some people might have just been waiting to see whether we would renounce it the next day or not!
T.S. (myself) wrote:You're welcome, Woody. This was very well done, and the idea is absolutely hilarious. Shadowpaw making the announcement increased the credibility of the merge by a huge factor. I read his post and went, "This can't be real. But Shadowpaw posted it...? O.o"
We knew that having Shadowpaw post it would make it more believable, especially to the great number of people who know that Shadowpaw started the ToO, but who weren't here (or have forgotten about) when he pulled an evil joke on all of us (just the mention of Gabriel Dragsack is still enough to make some people's blood pressure rise!) ;) Plus his Soda Fountain April Fool's jokes were a great tradition for a few years way back in the day. I'm still waiting for that live action McGee and Me! movie. :noway: Plus Shadowpaw is just generally an evil genius. So he had no problem joining in with the fun! \:D/
The Kings Daughter wrote: On a side note though, ShadowPaw posted this on March 31st. (Albeit, barely.) So if people were to get technical about the rules of Floor Slapping Day.
That really depends on your time zone. For some people it was April 1. :yes:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Catspaw wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote: On a side note though, ShadowPaw posted this on March 31st. (Albeit, barely.) So if people were to get technical about the rules of Floor Slapping Day.
Ahh yess. Thank you Adminship! I have been away from the ToO for a while. o.O I used to be so aware of time zones.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Ahh yess. Thank you Adminship! I have been away from the ToO for a while. o.O I used to be so aware of time zones.
Haha, we have to add that to a "Things I learned to care about because of the ToO" list. Timezones matter! (Though I really learned that from Hockey Night in Canada to make sure I was on time to watch hockey, but not all ToOers would have been blessed that way.) ;) We do have a crazy wide range of timezones represented on the ToO. :D
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oh this has just been a grand few past days here on the forums.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It really has.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I didn't see this post until today and I thought, The new site looks terrible. No one's going to join that thing.

Got me. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.