Vote for your Twenty-Ninth Mayor and Chief of Police

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!

Who do you want to be your next Mayor and Chief of Police?

Poll ended at Sun May 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Moontide and snubs
54%
Woody and Belle
46%

Total votes: 37

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Vote for your Twenty-Ninth Mayor and Chief of Police

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

It's that time yet again - the twenty-ninth Town of Odyssey election is coming to a close, and it's time for all of you to vote for the team that you would like to see lead the ToO. You have two teams to choose from. They are listed alphabetically by the mayoral candidate's name.

The teams that are running are as follows:

Mayor: Moontide
Chief of Police: snubs
a.k.a. The Change Team

vs.

Mayor: Woody
Chief of Police: Belle
a.k.a. Doctor Song

As a reminder, the election will be held from Friday, May 1 to Sunday, May 3 with the results being revealed at some point during Monday, May 4.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Fourth vote! Isn't this supposed to be up on May 1 and not today? (Not that I mind being able to vote early)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Technically the poll thread goes up at midnight of May 1, which in a lot of time zones is still a few hours away, but I have to work tomorrow morning, and I also have to work Monday morning, so I post a little early (how early it is will depend on your time zone) so we can do three full days of voting and I won't be a zombie at work the next day for something that can easily be done earlier. I also think it works better for most people to see the poll results earlier than midnight on Sunday night, so it's a win-win! :D
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

DOWN WITH CHANGE. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

7th vote. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Vote #9!

Change is a good thing...

But time travel is better ;)

*Please note that I am in no way intending to insult or demean the opposing team, just making a little joke :p
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Well this elections is different. I always liked that most of the siggys were just in support of one team..not against another. But now you all have taken each other's beautiful signatures and wrecked them. :( It's like the Bones went on a graffiti rampage around the town.

10th vote for Doctor Song. I'm voting for you guys because I like your approach/style to things. But all four of you are so capable of making a fantastic term. ^_^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I should also disclaim: I think both teams' platforms are excellent (apart from the prospect of merging sub-forums), and I have chosen to vote for Doctor Song simply because I love a consistent theme. :mrgreen:
I'm really happy about this election though, because I know I'll enjoy this next term, regardless of who wins! :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Woody

Post by Woody »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Well this elections is different. I always liked that most of the siggys were just in support of one team..not against another. But now you all have taken each other's beautiful signatures and wrecked them. :( It's like the Bones went on a graffiti rampage around the town.
Just a quick explanation: The vandalized signatures are a joke that snubs and I conspired. Just a little playful fun, nothing meant by it. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Woody wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:Well this elections is different. I always liked that most of the siggys were just in support of one team..not against another. But now you all have taken each other's beautiful signatures and wrecked them. :( It's like the Bones went on a graffiti rampage around the town.
Just a quick explanation: The vandalized signatures are a joke that snubs and I conspired. Just a little playful fun, nothing meant by it. :)
Yep, all in good fun. ;) Just trying to add a little more amusement to the election. =p
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

I can't believe what I have just done.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

15th vote! \:D/
LIGHTNING wrote:I can't believe what I have just done.
Did you vote for the opposite team? :shock:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

snubs wrote:
Woody wrote:
Yep, all in good fun. ;) Just trying to add a little more amusement to the election. =p
*is amused*

16th vote!!!
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

I had tough time deciding, but decided to go with Doctor Song.
Good luck to both teams!
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

*starts up a controversy about early voting*
Woody

Post by Woody »

*controversially engages in bookworm's controversial controversy*

Did I mention controversy?

In seriousness, the early voting should make no issues, as the voting will end early as well... Unless, of course, there are people who intended to vote on May 4th, and now can't due to the early voting. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Wait, the vote is ending early also? I missed that part of Catspaw's statement.

My previous post was entirely in jest, opening the poll slightly early should have no effect on the outcome here; I only said that because people cause controversy over early voting in real life elections.

But I thought we were just starting early and running the original time, so we just got some extra. If this is actually moving the time slot, then I have to launch some genuine controversy. There’s a reason the polling period is announced beforehand, so people can plan to participate. If it is changed later there is legitimate chance of affecting the results. It probably wouldn’t because people like to vote as soon as possible, but there is still the chance. Perhaps someone wasn’t waiting until the last minute on purpose, but because they had to for some reason. They might have forgone arranging an absentee ballot because they saw they would be able to make it just in time. But if they are unaware of the change, they would come by and the poll would be over.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Sorry, I think I may have been confused. I thought the original announcement said the poll would end on May 4th with the results revealed on May 5th. It actually says that the poll will end May 3rd, with the results being revealed on May 4th. So the poll only ends an hour early(As the poll normally ends at 12:00 EST, and this one ends at 11:00 EST). Again, sorry for the confusion. :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Hmm...okay... *warily returns to joke protesting*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

snubs wrote:
Woody wrote:
The Israelites leader is in on it. o.o ;p

SnC Forever. Miss you still.