Election Results - Term 29 Edition!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Election Results - Term 29 Edition!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

It's hard to believe we are now ready to bring to power the twenty-ninth administration team! After a month of campaigning, two teams emerged with the funds necessary to compete for the administrative crown. A turn-out of 37 votes were cast in the Twenty-ninth Town of Odyssey Election.

Click the spoiler tag below to see the results in one of the closest elections we've seen in a long time (that I remember)! \:D/
Moontide and snubs will be your new admins, with 20 (54%) votes yes for their leadership.
Woody and Belle finished second with 17 (46%) votes.
The winners will be appointed to their posts tonight (Sunday evening). The moderators will be decided in the near future, so keep your eyes open for that announcement! Congratulations.

Just so you know, the poll thread is located here. This thread was created to easily identify the election results (in the same way we did for past elections) and the poll thread has been subsequently moved to City Hall for archiving.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR US. =D That was super close.

Thanks for running a close race, Doctor Song. =]
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Congratulations, snubsy dubsy and Tide of the Moon! :thumbsup:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Wow, close race. Congrats to the winners!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I am very pleased with how this turned out.

Very pleased.

Congratulations, Moontide and snubs. I'm glad to know, Moontide, that you succeeded even with some trouble.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

*throws confetti everywhere and hands Snubsie and Moontiiiide a giant cake* Good job to both of the teams!
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Well, as my banner says, this is there am I had been hoping for!
No mixed emotions here... Nope, not me...

:D GOOD RACE EVERYONE! LET THE CHANGE BEGIN!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Wow, this was a close one!

Obviously, I'm a bit disappointed with the results, but I am certain that snubs and Moontide will give us a great term! :) Just please don't vote yes on any splits or merges... :p

Well, I suppose this leaves me free to go off and explore all of time and space! River, how do you fancy a trip to Ancient Egypt(where we may or may not battle a living mummy with nothing but wit and a screwdriver), followed by a stroll on the rings of Saturn, and then maybe some pastries literally cooked in the sun? And, we can top it all off with a visit to your parents! I haven't seen the Ponds since the last time they died...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

Yaayy! Congrats to mah sista and to Moontide! =D Can't wait for this term! \:D/
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

It is good to see that we had more votes this election than the last election. We had 37 votes this election instead of 30 votes last election. That is a growth of 7 members or about 23%. Now voting numbers are not exactly the same as activity, but it still is a good sign, and suggests that the ToO is not dying.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Congrats ya'll. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Moontide wrote:It is good to see that we had more votes this election than the last election. We had 37 votes this election instead of 30 votes last election. That is a growth of 7 members or about 23%. Now voting numbers are not exactly the same as activity, but it still is a good sign, and suggests that the ToO is not dying.
Nope, not at all. We've actually been pretty active! =D And it's been really nice to see 40-49 members logging on daily, as opposed to 25-35.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Whoo!! Congratulations guys \:D/

I know I didn't comment during the election threads and stuff, but I was behind your team all the way :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thanks, JP! We appreciate it. =]
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Moontide wrote:It is good to see that we had more votes this election than the last election. We had 37 votes this election instead of 30 votes last election. That is a growth of 7 members or about 23%. Now voting numbers are not exactly the same as activity, but it still is a good sign, and suggests that the ToO is not dying.
That's what I've been saying this whole time. :noway:

Anywhosal... Congratulations to Team Change! Even though I voted for Doctor Song, I am not terribly disappointed in the results. I'm impressed at how close the race was! =D> =D> =D>

Great job to both teams! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I must admit, however, that seeing snubs in red (instead of that lovely green) will take some rewriting in my brain-code. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Hey up JCGJ! You are black now! That is weird after all this time too...
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

Congratulations, snubs and Moontide! I saw the results last night, but unfortunately I was unable to post at the time. I'm sure you would have had a great term too, DocterSong, but I am glad how the election went.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Congratulations to both teams! \:D/ You guys have worked hard, and by the tally it looks like the ToO likes both teams. :P I can't wait to see what will happen with Team Change in charge... ;)
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

Of course I'm disappointed, but I must give a hearty congratualtions to snubs and Moontide! It's exciting to see such a close race, and I know the ToO is in good hands! :D
Woody wrote: Well, I suppose this leaves me free to go off and explore all of time and space! River, how do you fancy a trip to Ancient Egypt(where we may or may not battle a living mummy with nothing but wit and a screwdriver), followed by a stroll on the rings of Saturn, and then maybe some pastries literally cooked in the sun? And, we can top it all off with a visit to your parents! I haven't seen the Ponds since the last time they died...
Sounds wonderful to me, but I will be bringing a gun as well, you screwdriver can only do so much....
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Great job to both teams! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I must admit, however, that seeing snubs in red (instead of that lovely green) will take some rewriting in my brain-code. :mrgreen:
Thanks. =] Yes.. seeing my name in red again will take a little bit to get used to. =p BUT, I hope to wear it well. =]

Thank you, Tikvah, OxR, Belle!! :hug: