Halloween $10 Post Day!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Halloween $10 Post Day!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

Welcome to our annual $10 post day on October 31st. \:D/ Woohoo! This offer will last 24 hours only, so enjoy the money while it lasts! Please keep in mind that spam is still not allowed, so make your posts meaningful. :yes: (You know....as much as you usually would.) ;)

All areas that you normally get money for posting in have been changed to $10, except the SBC forums. You still won't get money for HH posts. Nice try, guys! :noway:

Many thanks to bookworm for the reminder, as always! Our current stats are below, and I'll share the new stats 24 hours from now.

Have fun, and post away! \:D/

Catspaw

Number of posts: 1046212
Posts per day: 210.89
Number of topics: 30400
Topics per day: 6.13

In total there are 14 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 276 on 04 Jun 2007 09:22 pm
Updated stats 24 hours later:
Number of posts: 1046274
Posts per day: 210.86
Number of topics: 30405

In total there are 14 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Some history for the newbies:
The first $10 Day was on Halloween of 2005 and wasn't originally planned to be an annual event, but then Shadowpaw decided to use it as an attempt to set a new user record and after its great success it was made a yearly tradition.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Heh. How lucky that I just randomly decided to check in today. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Heh. How lucky that I just randomly decided to check in today. :mrgreen:
Oh yeah, just a coincidence huh? ;)
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

bookworm wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:Heh. How lucky that I just randomly decided to check in today. :mrgreen:
Oh yeah, just a coincidence huh? ;)
I truly did forget about this tradition until now, honest. :anxious: :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I believe you. ;)

Edit:

I realized that wink is ambiguous. :p It could be seen as intended in the same way the one in the other post was, like 'wink wink' in which case this post would actually be saying I don't believe you. I do though, this wink was used in a way intended to say the previous post was just teasing. ;)
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

Very interesting. Now for me, I personally don't view money as important. It's the post that counts, isn't it? But yes, I understand how people who need encouragement to do the right thing might benefit from this. Of course. Applause to you for continuing this tradition of training our young children, Catspaw. Now excuse me as I go count my dollars.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

A couple suggestions for using your extra money today:
  • Enter the weekly Raffle - one post covers the cost of two tickets!
  • Enter this week's Football Pool - this is a completely risk free chance to win more money; your post of your picks will entirely pay for your entry! You don't have to know anything about football, you can just pick randomly. There is absolutely no reason not to do this, the entry literally pays for itself giving you a free chance to at minimum double your money!
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

Again, a very good idea. I was obviously planning on doing them already. Merely as an educational exercise, mind you. As I have said, money means nothing to me.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

321tumbler wrote:Again, a very good idea. I was obviously planning on doing them already. Merely as an educational exercise, mind you. As I have said, money means nothing to me.
Sure, sure. :noway:
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thank you all for a fun $10 post day! :D

Here are the stats 24 hours later:
Number of posts: 1046274
Posts per day: 210.86
Number of topics: 30405