This Halloween... a Special Treat!

And no tricks!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

sorry i get worked up easy dont i. i have nothing to say against an alternative to halloween, really! i just meant to express my complete horrer disgust and utter aversion for what is behind this 'holiday'.
](*,)

ps you always know what to say jonathan-
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I'm sorry you feel that way, though as others have pointed out (and I mentioned on the first page of this thread) it's an alternative to encourage people to stay inside on Halloween and not participate. Just like the Adventures in Odyssey episode "What are We Going to Do About Halloween?"... we want to create an event to compete with Halloween (like they did at Whit's End). Not celebrate it.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:
Brian wrote:Yay! \:D/ That will make my Satanic holiday even better! \:D/
....oooo does the board get some kind of ....hallowenish theme ;)
I was thinking that at least this way, it gives people a reason to say indoors on Halloween instead of participating ;).

"Real candy or fake money... I'll take the fake money!" :)
YAY! I never celebrate Halloween. This is the best GIFT ever. PLEASE do not make a halloween theme, though :shame:! It would be a shame. Anyways, when kids are going around the neighborhoood and we shut the lights off and close all doors (that happen to have a sign that says, "WE do not support halloween so we will not serve candy. Thank you, the Rimoni Family"), I can actually have something to do :)! My goal: 100 non-spam posts.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

^ Good goal.

So do you really put a sign on your door? We just turn out the outside lights and some of the front room lights and don't answer the door if someone rings.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Shadowpaw wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way, though as others have pointed out (and I mentioned on the first page of this thread) it's an alternative to encourage people to stay inside on Halloween and not participate. Just like the Adventures in Odyssey episode "What are We Going to Do About Halloween?"... we want to create an event to compete with Halloween (like they did at Whit's End). Not celebrate it.
understood! :thumbsup:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Alleycat wrote:i just meant to express my complete horrer disgust and utter aversion for what is behind this 'holiday'.
Ah, I see. In that case, you want to go to this thread.
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:^ Good goal.

So do you really put a sign on your door? We just turn out the outside lights and some of the front room lights and don't answer the door if someone rings.
We did the same thing; simply shut off all the lights except the main basement room (which was in the back of the house) and watched movies. One Halloween we actually had kids me and my brother knew trying to get our attention from those back windows, but the shades were drawn so we ignored them.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:^ Good goal.

Every year :P. My brother gets sad though and wants candy (He's 7 now.). He knows its a bad holiday so instead of him celebrating it, my dad buys some fun size candy and it's what he would've gotten if he went trick-or-treating. Plus, we know it's safe candy..Albeit he's not supposed to eat much candy that night, I sneak him some :-$ .
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I posted this in another thread, and it didn't get answered (probably b/c it wasn't in the right thread) and it's probably been answered before, but I can't remember, so:

A quick question about the 10 bucks a post dealy; Is the 30 posts/4 hr thing going to apply that day?
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Jonathan wrote:I posted this in another thread, and it didn't get answered (probably b/c it wasn't in the right thread) and it's probably been answered before, but I can't remember, so:

A quick question about the 10 bucks a post dealy; Is the 30 posts/4 hr thing going to apply that day?
I'm thinking it does, though Shadowpaw did say there was no limit to the ammount of posts we could earn $10 for, so I'm not sure.......maybe just like no specific number but the normal rule of 30 posts / 4 hrs still applies *shurgs*

My plans for tomorrow:

Wake up early (I will like fall back tomorrow), post as close to 30 non-spam posts as I can before leaving for work.

Get home from work, and post as close to 30 more as I can before going to sleep. Possibly more since I don't work Tues, so if I stay up late (until the end of the day that we get $10 for each post), I can sleep in Tues if I wish to do so.

I'm hoping for at least 50-60 posts wich would be doing pretty good considering I have to spend roughly 11 hours away from a computer

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Jonathan wrote:
Alleycat wrote:i just meant to express my complete horrer disgust and utter aversion for what is behind this 'holiday'.
Ah, I see. In that case, you want to go to this thread.
I repeat, you always know what to say jonathan! \:D/
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

we're down to like 41 mins before it starts YAY!
gimp80995 wrote:Call in sick. That's what I plan on doing.

Well, maybe won't call in "sick" but I can call in brain-dead........I walked out to my car this morning and saw my windshield was frosty and went looking for an ice scraper.......keep in mind I am in California......and was outside in shorts and a t-shirt.......:noway: I need help ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

gimp80995 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I posted this in another thread, and it didn't get answered (probably b/c it wasn't in the right thread) and it's probably been answered before, but I can't remember, so:

I'm thinking it does, though Shadowpaw did say there was no limit to the ammount of posts we could earn $10 for, so I'm not sure.......maybe just like no specific number but the normal rule of 30 posts / 4 hrs still applies *shurgs*

My plans for tomorrow:

Wake up early (I will like fall back tomorrow), post as close to 30 non-spam posts as I can before leaving for work.

Get home from work, and post as close to 30 more as I can before going to sleep. Possibly more since I don't work Tues, so if I stay up late (until the end of the day that we get $10 for each post), I can sleep in Tues if I wish to do so.

I'm hoping for at least 50-60 posts wich would be doing pretty good considering I have to spend roughly 11 hours away from a computer

Peace Out

-Gimp
And that would still be 500-600 dollars :). I will be on for 8 mins. more this morning and I will be back after school..
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I'll be on for another 2 mins or so, then I've gotta get to work

Peace Out

-Gimp

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I'm hoping to get a couple hundred dollars, so I need to post about 30 posts.
...I hate marquees.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

If you did $30 posts, you'd have $300. O:)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I've already made around $200. I'll probably do a bunch tonight. I have to get off at 2:00.. :(
...I hate marquees.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

J-man wrote:I've already made around $200. I'll probably do a bunch tonight. I have to get off at 2:00.. :(
At least you're getting back on. :-
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah.
...I hate marquees.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I am so excited. I didn't think 'd get anywhere near a computer today, but here I am! \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

This is a good day to have active threads authored by yourself^_^

*gleefully watches money pour on in*