This Halloween... a Special Treat!

And no tricks!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

That's an interesting idea! Maybe you could do something like that for Christmas.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

The BC wrote:I'd enjoy it if you reversed this idea; and, say, for Thanksgiving (american, obviously), you charge 20 dollars for every post made so as to encourage people to spend time with their families.

It would mean taking away from the board. But, in some ways, in would be healthier.

BC
That would be soo hard! :D
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

It would be cool too! Since I kinda doubt I'd have time to be on anyway. :D
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I went a whole day without the boards yesterday!

But that's 'cause I wasn't home...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

That would be a good idea i think it would probably work... :-s
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AIOFan11 wrote:
The BC wrote:I'd enjoy it if you reversed this idea; and, say, for Thanksgiving (american, obviously), you charge 20 dollars for every post made so as to encourage people to spend time with their families.

It would mean taking away from the board. But, in some ways, in would be healthier.

BC
*is really tempted to do some research and see which Canadians posted on their Thanksgiving*

*does like the idea though, except too much money was proposed*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:

BC
*is really tempted to do some research and see which Canadians posted on their Thanksgiving*

I posted on Canadian Thanksgiving! \:D/ We weren't doing a family thing all day! ;)

I think that the idea is an intriguing one, particularly for Christmas. :-k
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Catspaw wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:

BC

I posted on Canadian Thanksgiving! \:D/ We weren't doing a family thing all day! ;)

I think that the idea is an intriguing one, particularly for Christmas. :-k
Another Canadian Conspiracy. :anxious: Or is it the same one? :anxious:

The Truth is Out There,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I personally think that it would be a very good idea for Christmas. I mean, we all should really just take the day off and spend some quality time with our families. And, to make sure that we aren't tempted to post anyway...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I thought the money aspect of posting was to encourage users to post more, not deflect their interest. I find it a strange idea that people would need to be reprimanded in order to keep from posting... Self control, people! ;)

Besides, on a day like Christmas, wouldn't you prefer to be with family, rather than posting on a board? ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

yeah we should have one on easter christmass and thanksgiving and maybe on the 4th of july
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

\:D/ yaa 10 dollar posts!! thank you mayor and shadowpaw!! :party:
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

maybe ill give some of my money back as a thank you
strife286
Tallying up

Post by strife286 »

WEll that's good, I suppose I'll make a stop by and earn myself $100 or so, help pay the rent or something.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

*spits fire* i don't see why this happens on a SATANIST holiday...what kind of a.... *sputter* did anything happen easter time??(i may have forgotten) I am gratful for the idea itself, but not the reason for doing it!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0058/0058_01.asp

Wild? Not really.....

EDIT:sorry, if i spoke a little more gently i might get a positive reaction....
Last edited by Alleycat on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Jonathan wrote:I have to work that day :( But it's only a three hour shift, so it's not that bad.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite wrote:I just remembered that I work on October 31, from 1-8:30. :(
Call in sick. That's what I plan on doing. Who needs real-life money when you can have ToO money? ;) I can fix cars (not my "job"), but I can also make them so they convienently won't run :yes: Nah, that'd never work, I have too much accountability. If my car mysteriously wouldn't start, someone from my church would get me a ride to work and fix the car during my shift.

Note: I WAS joking about calling in sick. Unless you really are sick (just not sick enough to keep you away from the computer). *goes outside in a t-shirt*.......oh, wiat it's warm outside (46 F) can't get sick doing that.

Oh well, I'll just have motivation to get up to my alarm clock (inestead of still being in bed until 45 seconds before having to get out the door) and start posting until I have to walk out the door for work, then kick whoever happens to be on the puter off so I can get on and post some more after 10 hrs at work.

*is happy Shadowpaw took her idea and put it to use* And also thank you to Catspaw and Bmutz for not turning down the idea. I had originally thought about $20 per post on certian days, but that seemed a little too extreme........but $10 is nice.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Alleycat wrote:*spits fire* i don't see why this happens on a SATANIST holiday...what kind of a.... *sputter* did anything happen easter time??(i may have forgotten) I am gratful for the idea itself, but not the reason for doing it!
Relax. Seriously.

Yes, most of us are against the celebration of Halloween, but does that mean we shouldn't do this? What day would you have it on? Can you present a arguement against it, respectfully?

As for the Easter thing, we weren't open at that time. Last year Easter was in March, and this place opened up on April 1st.

And on yet another side note, we are toying with plans to discourage people from posting on such holidays as Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc as those days should be spent with one's family and not one's computer.

-Jonathan
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

yeah instead of celebrating whitches and ghosts we can celebrate shadowpaw and catspaw for a great alternitive i will be here as much as i can on the day
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

And on yet another side note Alleycat, how on Earth can you justify comparing the activity we have planned for Monday with satanic activity?!?
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Alleycat wrote:*spits fire* i don't see why this happens on a SATANIST holiday...what kind of a.... *sputter* did anything happen easter time??(i may have forgotten) I am gratful for the idea itself, but not the reason for doing it!
While the day upon which the money for each post is raised, is indeed Halloween -- and it could be seen as celebrating Halloween -- no matter which way you look at it, the issue is that Shadowpaw, Gimp, Catspaw, and Bmuntz (and whoever had a part in the plan) had the intention of sort of creating an alternative to Halloween.

With their intention in mind, it isn't at all celebrating Halloween, but rather giving people an alternative instead of being bored if they don't go out on Halloween night.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me on this.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.