$10 Post Day Statistics

October 31, 2005

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

STRYPER wrote:now the plan is to do the antithesis (opposite) for Thanksgiving and Christmas correct.
Unofficially I've wondered if we should disable the board entirely on Christmas day. Though that would be tough for me... since I love talking with people on Christmas day on message boards since everyone is in such a good mood :).

Thanksgiving the board will be running as normal. The Canadians and friends over seas would feel left out. We don't put as big of an emphasis on Thanksgiving as the United States seems to.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

No! If you shut it down christmas we wont be able to talk about our new toys! ...erm gifts I mean...
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

what would be the reason for shutting down on christmas? :-s
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

So people will be encouraged to spend time with their family and friends instead of all of us cool "fake" people. :)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I'll be one to recommend shutting it down for christmas.

The reason is, powerboy, so that this forum doesn't distract people. While some people have no problem with self control and know where to prioritize this Forum in their lives (first family, then forum), others have struggles with it.

Shutting the ToO down would eliminate temptation for anyone who might want to post here and take away time from their family during a very important day in the life of all our families.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I suggest leaving the ToO open on Christmas but disabling the earning of money. Maybe that would be a way to still allow people to post, but encourage them not to spend as much time here as usual.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I don't think most people care that much about posting. Would you really change you posting pattern based on how much money you make?

*realizes what just happened yesterday*

well, maybe that would help :anxious:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

EugeneFan wrote:I suggest leaving the ToO open on Christmas but disabling the earning of money. Maybe that would be a way to still allow people to post, but encourage them not to spend as much time here as usual.
I don't know how hard this is, but you could also disable post counts... Or... :badgrin: You could make each post deduct 1 from you post count :evillaugh:
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

There's lots of things we'll look at for Christmas :). Though it's so far away... let us, for now at least, just bask in the success that is us :).
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

STRYPER wrote:I'll be one to recommend shutting it down for christmas.
I too would recommend this. Either way, I won't be here.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

LarryTheCow wrote:
EugeneFan wrote:I suggest leaving the ToO open on Christmas but disabling the earning of money. Maybe that would be a way to still allow people to post, but encourage them not to spend as much time here as usual.
I don't know how hard this is, but you could also disable post counts... Or... :badgrin: You could make each post deduct 1 from you post count :evillaugh:
That's just SINISTER!! I think it's a good idea also, even though it will be tough for me..I don't celebrate Christmas like y'all do, but I guess it'd be a good thing to shut down a huge temptation for those who should be spending time with their families..
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

you could just like lower the amount of posts on that day that you say
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Shadowpaw wrote:There's lots of things we'll look at for Christmas :). Though it's so far away... let us, for now at least, just bask in the success that is us :).
LOL. But seriously we can talk about this closer to the time. For right now do as Shadowpaw says and be conceited...er... I mean enjoy a job well done.

Yours Doing Just That,
-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

LOL. I don't know if I would or would not be on here on Christmas. I'll spend the time with my family, but I might end up having a period of time that I'd have time to be on here (like early morning when I have to wait for my parents to get up...)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Witness4Jesus wrote:
LarryTheCow wrote:
That's just SINISTER!! I think it's a good idea also, even though it will be tough for me..I don't celebrate Christmas like y'all do, but I guess it'd be a good thing to shut down a huge temptation for those who should be spending time with their families..
I might get on here once..or twice for a very, very short time. I think that most everyone will be with family. I don't think that disabling posts, or taking away earning of money is necessary.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AIOFan11 wrote:I think that most everyone will be with family. I don't think that disabling posts, or taking away earning of money is necessary.
Want a bet? If the board is up people will show up.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Jonathan wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:I think that most everyone will be with family. I don't think that disabling posts, or taking away earning of money is necessary.
Well, that is sad. I think encouraging everyone not to show up is enough.

Back to Halloween!
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I didn't get on long because of school, marching band and watching a movie with my parents which was quite good. Have any of you seen "The Sting"? That is the movie i saw yesterday and i thought that i wouldn't like it but it was pretty good. :-s It was kinda confusing though. Oh well.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Jonathan wrote:
I will probably check in, but most of the day will be spent either opening presents or making dinner. And then we might watch a movie most likely.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Hope

Post by Hope »

Oh and i didn't say this but i also made about $70