The Election Results III

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

The Election Results III

Post by Shadowpaw »

Everyone,

It's hard to believe we are now ready to bring to power the third administration team! The two candidates have big shoes to fill, as they join The Top Crusader, Eugene Blackgaard, Bmuntz and Catspaw in the young history of the board. After over a month of campaigning, 5 teams emerged with the funds necessary to compete for the administrative crown.

Many of the teams stood on well thought out platforms and an impressive 110 votes were cast in the Third Town of Odyssey Election. Equally impressive were the results.

Finishing fifth overall was the campaign of hakeber and mr.whit with 6 votes (5.5%). In fourth place, Wooton and Kenric managed to grab 10 votes (9.0%). Placing third, Cowboy of Texas and gimp80995 secured 15 votes (13.6%). It then was down to two teams... the teams that were considered the favorites from early on in the race did not dissapoint. Combined, the two teams had 71.8% of the support in the election. So without further ado, please highlight the text below to find out who won!

Jonathan and Evil Chick will become the new Mayor and Chief of Police of the Town of Odyssey! The results were staggering, with Jonathan and Evil Chick taking 53 votes (48.2%) to defeat the rest of the candidates. Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe and Sonuna Hydris finished second with 26 votes (23.6%).

The winners will be appointed to their posts later today and the moderators will be decided before the end of the week. Congratulations to all teams involved! It was a tough campaign and everyone should be proud of what has been accomplished. I believe I speak for the Town of Odyssey when I say that I hope we will see many of you again in 4 months!

PS The poll thread is located here. This thread was created to easily identify the election results (in the same way we did for past elections) and the poll thread has been subsequently moved to City Hall for archiving.
Last edited by Shadowpaw on Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

YAY for JEC! Congrats! You guys rock.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Congratulations JEC! \:D/
Congratulations to all the teams for a wonderful election! :D

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Somewhere in the distant land of Skype...

"WHAT?! I stayed up until 1 AM to lose?! Come on, Shadowpaw, the least you could do is rig the vote or something..."

>_>
Good job.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I was NOT expecting that type of blowout :shock:

Yay to half the ToOers who voted for Jonathan and Happysmiler =D>
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Yes. True. Another congratulations goes to all other candidates :).
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Congrats JEC (and everyone else who ran).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Congrats to JEC, you guys will make a great Mayor/CoP. =D>

It's been fun.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hey, congrats! We are in good hands for 4 more months! \:D/

The EK and Sonuna will rise again!!! :boohoo:
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Yay for Jonathan and EC! you guys rock! I am soooooo glad you won. I voted for ya. :) \:D/ :hugs: for both of you and :truce: nice job to the rest of you.

Sonuna Hydris wrote:Somewhere in the distant land of Skype...

"WHAT?! I stayed up until 1 AM to lose?! Come on, Shadowpaw, the least you could do is rig the vote or something..."

>_>
Good job.
that is uncalled for. :shame: very unproper conduct for someone who just lost an election. :noway: Rigging elections is wrong. and you are not above the law. :noway:
Last edited by Andrea Meltsner on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

The Top Crusader wrote:The EK and Sonuna will rise again!!! :boohoo:
Hopefully with my pants close at hand ;)
Last edited by STRYPER on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

WOW!!! I was so totally not expecting this!!

Thank you very much to everyone who voted for us! I will do my very best to be the best CoP I can for you!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Shadowpaw wrote:The winners will be appointed to their posts later today and the moderators will be decided before the end of the week.
How soon ;) Aren't you concerned about the bareness of the ToO at this moment? What if I (and I wouldn't) post something very inappropriate as soon as you logged off tonight :shock:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Evil Chick wrote:WOW!!! I was so totally not expecting this!!

Thank you very much to everyone who voted for us! I will do my very best to be the best CoP I can for you!
you werent? Well I guess you got a surpise then. ;) congrats
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Congratulations, Jonathan and Heidi! :)

I'd also like to extend my congrats to Shadowpaw, as the whole idea of voting in an admin team was sort of a dream of his (if I remember correctly), and this one -- as well as the past elections on this board -- ran rather smoothly, and I'm sure he's quite proud of it.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Janeray wrote:

No kidding! I totally freaked out!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Continental Admiral wrote:I'd also like to extend my congrats to Shadowpaw, as the whole idea of voting in an admin team was sort of a dream of his (if I remember correctly), and this one -- as well as the past elections on this board -- ran rather smoothly, and I'm sure he's quite proud of it.
*wipes mud off face*

Yeah, pretty smoothly ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Janeray wrote:

She's so pessimistic, you know. ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Congratulations Jonathan and Evil Chick. I am very satisfied, pleased, and encouraged to see you both elected to the positions you now hold.
Not dead yet.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Continental Admiral wrote:Congratulations, Jonathan and Heidi! :)

I'd also like to extend my congrats to Shadowpaw, as the whole idea of voting in an admin team was sort of a dream of his (if I remember correctly), and this one -- as well as the past elections on this board -- ran rather smoothly, and I'm sure he's quite proud of it.
yes hats off to the big Paw! =D>
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!