How to use avatars and the avatar gallery

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Greetings! Eugene Blackgaard here, explaining how to use avatars and the avatar gallery. Avatars are the little pictures that appear beside your posts, and often define what people recognize you as. Of course you can change it whever you want, but most people like to keep one for a while.

How To Get One
First of all, you need to earn enough cash to buy the ability to use an avatar. Avatars don't cost money, unless of course someone is selling them. The one time fee for using avatars is only $25, so there shouldn't be any problems with that! To buy the avatar privledge, go here.

How to choose an avatar
There are a few different methods. First off you must

Method 1: Upload an Avatar from your computer
Once you go into your profile, you can scroll to the avatar section and click "Browse" to upload a picture off your computer to use for your avatar!

Method 2: Upload Avatar from a URL
If you have the link to an avatar, post it in the second box and click submit. Your avatar will load!

Method 3: Select Avatar from gallery!
We have compiled 700+ avatars into a comprehensive gallery! Just click "Show Gallery", and you'll be taken there. Once at the gallery page, it will automaticly load up the AIO avatars catagory. But if you click on the scroll button, it will show you the other catagories. Here are the avatars stats thusfar.

82 AIO
17 Animal
11 Cartoon
10 Artistic
31 Classic
18 Lord of the Dudes
7 Anime
265 Batman
18 Disney
30 Final Fantasy
23+ Lord of the Rings
4 Medieval
41 Member Gallery
37 Misc
12 Movies
8 Mr. Bean
146 Muppets
6 Olde
42 People
4 Phantom of the Opera
5 Pirates of the Carribean
28 Star Wars
38 Legend of Zelda
12 TV show
11 Video Game
14 Western

Requesting Avatars
There are plenty of shops where you can request avatars. Also, I've done the avatars in the gallery and am free to do more, if you'd like some just PM me or drop a line by my store. Also, if you've done some avatars and would like them in the gallery, email the to [email protected] and I'll make sure they get in the gallery.

Thank you for your time.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

*UPDATE*
I thought this topic might serve a better purpose here, so we can all work together with the gallery. If you have any avatars you'd like in the gallery, post them here.

Anyways, Monday has just sent me some very lovley pictures that I made into avatars, so if any of you ladies are interested there are some very nice avatars now in the "Artistic Branch" of the gallery. :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Oh yay muwahahaha...*goes to upload a bucketload of stuff
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yay EB download this then upload them to the ToO gallery
http://members.cox.net/kimberly161/Gallery.zip
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Sure thing buddy. I'll have to catagorize them, but I thank you for your contribution! :)

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

No problem ill be sure to find all the more that I have and put them in a zip file to
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

*UPDATE*
Many of EK's wonderful avatars have been added, and a new section has been put in "EK Brand Member", showcasing the avatars EK made for the members of the board. :)

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Heh Heh Im using one of my handmade avvies!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Hmm...I might have to contribute too!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Feel free to e-mail or PM your contributions to me, and they will be placed in the gallery. ;)

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I demand fruits basket has its own gallery so I made about 30 or 40 avvies for it :P
The Fruits Basket Avatar Zip File- Download
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

... Ok! :)

*downloads and prepares to upload later*

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

This is a test to see if I can put my signature on here.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Eugenefan23 wrote:This is a test to see if I can put my signature on here.
It worked!
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

I just post a picture for an avatar, cool...

Put it on the gallery, please.
Vote RM for the *Unofficial*! | You Need to See This!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Eugenefan23 wrote:
Eugenefan23 wrote:This is a test to see if I can put my signature on here.
It worked!
You can always edit your previous post. ;)
Frank is being copied I see. :lol: It'll be rather tough to get $5000 in a week. :-k
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Yup.....it's DEFINATELY a Monday........took me 30 minutes to realize that my avatar got changed

*glares at EB* :D j/k I think it's cute. :yes: Actually almost kinda looks like me when I first get outta bed in the mornings :yes:

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

You're very welcome, Gmip. ;)

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I have a question about avatar's. I've yet to see any place that says how big an avatar can be, granted I know a resinable sized avatar is much perferied but alas what is the rule on the size of an avatar?

Or perhaps because I'm new to this copmplacated site I have not looked in the right place. Let me know if thats the case.

Lord Sesshoumaru
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

limits are 100x100
...I hate marquees.