The Town of Odyssey Turns One!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

When this board was first introduced, I was rather... well, critical of the board. I hated it, to be accurate. Not because it killed the TH. :x But rather, because it all seemed so silly. A year from that time... I enjoy the atmosphere of the ToO and I actually enjoy the silliness. \:D/ I've gotten to stay in touch with some friends from other boards through the ToO, and that probably wouldn't have happened without the ToO. As well, I've gotten to know some new people. :) I think, to an extent, I enjoy something about everyone here... They each have something that amuses me or just entertains me and that's what makes the board what it is... The different personalities and the different attitudes everyone has. Now, I don't like lovey-dovey stuff, but I do know (from reading the above posts and various other ways) that the ToO has been a life changer for some people, and for that, God's to be praised. Sure, Shadowpaw desiged it, but I think God has a had in the way things have worked out the way they have. ;) This is probably the most "personal" message board I've been on (Though I haven't been on too many more than the fingers on my hands), and it's got a tight community (that sounds like some sort of gang slang.. But I meant the literal definition of tight). That's what makes it different, I think. I don't know how much longer I'll be on the board, but it's been an amusing and very interesting ride so far with it. O:)

Happy birthday, ToO. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

It doesn't make much sense to me...

How can a small group of people from completely different backgounds, of all different ages and seasons of life, with different tastes and - most of all - different beliefs, actually talk to each other for an entire year about anything everything and nothing?

The answer must be and will continue to be the Cross.

Let's face it, without God's amazing grace in our lives we would have turned enemies long ago. The mere fact that we can continue to discuss topics and not be offended at every little thing is an extrodinary display of God's kindness to us.
But it's more than just sustaining grace... somehow, in the mysterious providence of God, we have become friends. Not just mere acquaintances but really and truely friends. Friends who encourage one another. Friends who correct one another in love. Friends who assume the best about the individual until proven otherwise. And Friends that seek to serve one another with the gift of laughter :D

How is this friendship possible!?!?!? Most of us have never met, and many of us have completely different interests. The only reason for such deep relationships here MUST be common ground of Christ.
Can you imagine the ToO being severed by bad relationships, crude language and arrogant posts? Everyone posting out of pride, thinking only of themselves, trying desperately to be seen much of in the eyes of others.... It's sad, really, and I think we can all thank God that this board is not like the world but it is, in effect, a small example of Christ's Kingdom and a tiny taste of Heaven :D

\/ It's all about that down there \/
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

STRYPER wrote:It doesn't make much sense to me...

How can a small group of people from completely different backgounds, of all different ages and seasons of life, with different tastes and - most of all - different beliefs, actually talk to each other for an entire year about anything everything and nothing?

The answer must be and will continue to be the Cross.

Let's face it, without God's amazing grace in our lives we would have turned enemies long ago. The mere fact that we can continue to discuss topics and not be offended at every little thing is an extrodinary display of God's kindness to us.
But it's more than just sustaining grace... somehow, in the mysterious providence of God, we have become friends. Not just mere acquaintances but really and truely friends. Friends who encourage one another. Friends who correct one another in love. Friends who assume the best about the individual until proven otherwise. And Friends that seek to serve one another with the gift of laughter :D

How is this friendship possible!?!?!? Most of us have never met, and many of us have completely different interests. The only reason for such deep relationships here MUST be common ground of Christ.
Can you imagine the ToO being severed by bad relationships, crude language and arrogant posts? Everyone posting out of pride, thinking only of themselves, trying desperately to be seen much of in the eyes of others.... It's sad, really, and I think we can all thank God that this board is not like the world but it is, in effect, a small example of Christ's Kingdom and a tiny taste of Heaven :D

\/ It's all about that down there \/
I wholeheartedly agree with that...
You guys (and girls!) are all good friends! I haven't made very many really, really, amazingly awesome friendships here, but in this new ToO year, I hope to become friends with all of you!
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Happy Birthday, ToO!

Thank you Shadowpaw, for the work you put into the ToO. I have a lot of fun here, and have enjoyed "meeting" a lot of fun people.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Yay! \:D/

BTW, I joined "20 Jun 2005"! \:D/ (5 days before my birthday... :-k )
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I've debated if I would write this or not......and have decided to do so.

The ToO has been influential in chaning my life this past year. Many of you haven't known me long enough to know this, but before the ToO, I was quite *thinks of the word*.....self-centered. I think on some level I was aware that I wasn't the only one with problems........but I didn't care, I only cared about myself and my problems.........and as much as I hate to admit it, I expected everyone else to do likewise (only caring about my problems and such).

In the past year, I've learned to really listen to other people when they're having hard times, or just a bad day.......I don't think I would have done that before being here at the ToO...yeah, there are still occasions when something happens and I feel that I need to vent.....and I think that's perfectly fine and natural for all of us to have those times when we need to let off some steam.....but I've noticed I now have more of a tendency to ask people how their day has been, and a tendency to be there and let them vent when they've had a not-so-good day.

*disappears to go try to make her laptop work*

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

When I joined about 11 months ago...I had to ask my sister how to post a reply. Now I'm telling friends just the same info I had to ask for. I have finally made some awsome friends here. And it has brought our family topics for dinner talks! One of the main memories I have is the Town of Odyssey mystery. I remember questioning Tasha so much, that I actually thought it was her. Good times...good times. :D
*returns*
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

THank you, you few people, who liked my cake. My clone, DanP741 has been operating the heavy machinery to help dish out the cake, and so here is the current status of the cake:

If you want some cake, get yours now!
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*reaches to take a piece of Dan's cake before it's all gone* :drool: Dan, I really liked your surprise - very cool! :D

It's so amazing the way that I feel connected to people on the ToO - I feel so blessed to have the friends and relationships that I do, thanks to the ToO. It's fabulous! When I first joined the ToO a year ago, it seemed cool and I was excited, but I never expected the sense of community and the friendships that have developed over the past year.

I love you all! :hug: Actually, I guess this smiley better describe the ToO. :grouphug:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I would like to thank three companies who, without them, I woulodn't of been able to make this!:
ImageCAT provided all of the heavy equiptment needed for this project.
Image Frosting Co provided the frosting.
Image Cake Block Productions provided ALL the chocolate cake blocks.
Image Smiley Construction Contractors supplied all the smilies who built this project.

And, it doesn't seem like the ToO has been around for this long :-s I was here since day 3.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Ho-ha! Happy B-day to my second FAVORITE board on the internet.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Wow, I leave the ToO for two whole days and I come back to this great surprise. (Yes, it is possible for me to stay away for two whole days. ;) )

Thank you Shadowpaw for such a great AIO board. =D> =D> I've made many friendships on this here board, too many people to list here. I had fun in the last election with Gimp and will probably have some more fun in another election. \:D/ The Admins have been great! Thank you Shadowpaw again, and thank you all who come again and again to this great site. \:D/

Yours Thankful,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

\:D/ \:D/ YAY!!!! \:D/ \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

*wants cake* I've been here since day one, and I don't plan on leaving..
...I hate marquees.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

I have to admit that................

i singed up here on the first day by accecident but i still love it.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Wow...I can't believe it has been a year! I remember joining a year ago and thinking how amazing it was. I haven't been able to be on much lately because of life (that whole school and two jobs thing is kinda consuming...), but I still have thetoo as my homepage. I have met people from here, and I still will think of members occasionally when something reminds me of them. Shadowpaw--I have to say again that this website is wonderful and I think it is so great for young (or just young minded), good hearted people to come and talk, witness and grow, and of course, talk about AIO!!!! \:D/
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

ToO, I love this place, and I've never been on a forum like it before. I've talked to some people I never would have met and I've never been on such an active sight for Odyssey fans. I love this place! I can't believe it's been a year!

:cheerleader: :birthday: :blow: :party: :thewave: :bounce: :birthday: :party: :blow: :birthday: :blow: :party: :grouphug: :angelfly: :birthday:
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:ToO, I love this place, and I've never been on a forum like it before. I've talked to some people I never would have met and I've never been on such an active sight for Odyssey fans. I love this place! I can't believe it's been a year!

:cheerleader: :birthday: :blow: :party: :thewave: :bounce: :birthday: :party: :blow: :birthday: :blow: :party: :grouphug: :angelfly: :birthday:
You're 19 days late. :D
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

DanP740 wrote:
HarlowRoxMySox wrote:ToO, I love this place, and I've never been on a forum like it before. I've talked to some people I never would have met and I've never been on such an active sight for Odyssey fans. I love this place! I can't believe it's been a year!

You're 19 days late. :D
It's the THought that counts. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

Happy Birthday ToO.... though I haven't been here one year :D
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.