Trank's Platform

For current and future reference!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Trank's Platform

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Hey Y'all! \:D/

Trent: It is with great pleasure that Frank and I are announcing our decision to run for the positions of Chief of Police and Mayor, respectively. Over the past year, we have been blessed with six talented and caring individuals who have shown nothing but creativity and diligence to the people of this town. We shall endeavor to do no less.

Frank: Yes, indeed, Trent and I are running! \:D/ I'm very excited to have this oppurtunity to run for Mayor/CoP, and I shall say now that I think this shall be one of the most thrilling ToO adventures I shall ever have! (Yes, even more exciting than late night chats with COT. :yes:) Trent obviously agrees with me, can't you see how excited he is? (Really, his excessive smiley and exclamation point usage could almost be called a sin! :wink:) Anyway, we so admired the campaigns and administrations of Evil Chick and Jonathan and of all those past admins that will go down in ToO history as some of the greatest people who ever...um...forumed, and we wish to continue that great line! Trent has put so much work into this campaign. I do feel that he's the best person for this job! (And I hope that I shall prove just as worthy a Chief of Police.)

Trent: You will, Frank. :hug:

Seven is such a lovely number. It happens to be the number of days in a week, and it represents the number of the planets in the solar system which are visible to naked eye! Seven is the number of musical notes in the musical scale, and it is also the day on which God rested. Remarkably, it is the number before six and the number preceding eight! :shock: It's also the number of rings given to the Dwarf Lords in The Lord of the Rings. Speaking of Dwarves, seven is also the number of short, hairy creatures discovered by Snow DeWhite. Yes! Oh, and it's is also the number of items in our campaign platform. :D

Thus, we present to you...our PERFECT plan! \:D/

1. Professions

*clears throat and begins in a stoic Trent-like voice* Greetings. I'm here tonight to speak to the professional Town of Odyssey, to those of you who like the smell of cash flowing through your fingers, and that high paying job as the delta of your fountain. The Trank Campaign feels deeply towards your feelings and wishes, which is why we intend to equip those in the ToO work force with the following: an expanded variety of degrees (focusing on fields of study such as Biblical Counseling and Music), a new and broad range of professions (including those which would require the purchase of three or more degrees and an item or two) and a plethora of new items to fill your storehouses with. May your beards never thin and may your devotion to Odyssey never die... thank you for your time. :D

2. Events

Haha, yes! Chatroom events! Y'all love that beautiful little chatroom that our wonderful JEC set up for us, and now it's time to make it an active part of the ToO! We're all raring to go with the following three even proposals:

- Open forum discussions
These shall be scheduled, and moderated casual topic discussions! Topics shall include things like The Future of Odyssey, favorite brands of canned soup, the high inflation rates on the ToO, Top's bow or anything else we can think of! \:D/

- Prayer
It is our deepest wish that all the citizens of the ToO get to know one another and we believe that prayer for one another is one of the very best ways to do so. Prayer meetings have not only the benefits of live, personal chatting, but also the overwhelming peace that comes from knowing that God makes his presence known when believers come to Him in prayer. :D *is blissfully happy at the thought*

- Game nights
Y'all know how fun all of our Odyssey 105 games are, wouldn't it triple the funness factor if they were live? Just think! Games of intellect and speed, trivia, scavenger hunts, bean bag grabs, and all with your bestest ToO friends! We plan to have games monthly, and would be just thrilled if you all would honor us by attending! \:D/

3. Ranks

What do you know! With Frank/Trent you also get a brand new set of titles! They'll be newer, more exciting and more bursting with joy than ever before! (like "wants to stone Me", "still loves Chandler", "periodically pokes J-man", "keeper of the Cat's Paw", or "loves tech-savvy ToO folk"...:D) And, we intent to implement them within the first two weeks of our campaign! :wink:

4. Friends

May I reveal to you, my dearest ToO friends, one of our most ambitious plans of all: The New Town of Odyssey User Guide! *waits for the thunderous applause to die down* Yesh! We intend to put together a user guide that includes mini bios for the top 25 posters! Won't that be simply divine? I remember what it was like to be the "newbie" (Well, Frank was a newbie, Trent somehow skipped that phase and went straight to "Dignified Member". :D) and coming to this new forum and being overwhelmed with all the hundreds upon hundreds of people to get to know! It's crazy! :mad: This guide is intended to lighten their load, and to bring a bit of joy to the old folks around the ToO. (We have quite a lot of old folks, now that I think of it. :yes: *helps Catspaw into her wheelchair*)

*adjusts her glasses and lets Trent have the lectern*

5. Enterprises

Long have shop owners in Odyssey gone without perks. :( Well, the time has come to reward the many business owners who have dedicated much time and energy into your respective shops. With dozens of stores currently running in Crestwood, we know how integral businesses are to the Town of Odyssey. :yes: Wouldn't it be lovely to have shop items like the DanP740's smileys, Spiffy Box, Chandler's paintbrush, or hakeber's gavel? Of course it would! :D With the addition of "Crestwood Mall," we will make your wishes come true! \:D/

Additionally, in conjunction with Eugene Kendall, formerly eon green, formerly Eon, Eon Spitfire.v2, formerly Granny Groupie, formerly Jared Walczak, formerly HatedByLovedByGod, and originally Eugene Kendall, we will be producing collector's edition admin and moderator dolls from the previous three terms! :D Individually hand-crafted by EK himself, these dolls measure 8 inches and are washable. Not suitable for children under the age of three... or Top. :-

6. Contests

Who doesn't love a good contest? :D Our plan is to unveil new contests throughout each month. Who knows?! Maybe Trent will climb out of his shell and do a live radio contest! Not only will we incorporate fun and unique games to the board, but we will also hold contests to bring out undiscovered talent from within the Town of Odyssey. Creativity should never go unrewarded, so we plan to reward those who share some of their creative work with us! Prizes will be greater and entry fees will eliminated altogether! Image

Many of you have been witness to one or even both of the two previous AIO writing contests. I, Trent, know that a number of you were interested in participating, but were unable to join due to varying circumstances. Well, be happy and rejoice! This summer, I will be starting the AIO Writing Contest III. \:D/

7. TAR: Season II

Finally, the biggest and bestest of them all!! Better than socks at Christmas, better than chocolate on Valentine's Day, and even better than EB's fro! :shock: YES, people! It's back! More racing, higher stakes, and bigger suspense! An all-new season of The Amazing Race, the popular game of skill, determination, and some random luck, of course, in which even the best players may be eliminated. In this variation from the reality TV show, The Amazing Race, contestants will travel throughout the city of Odyssey in hopes of winning the grand prize of... um, a very large sum of ToO money. :-$ Bonus rewards will be also handed out throughout the race. :D If we are elected, Trent will launch TAR: Season II. Be prepared for a challenge and watch as the twists grow exponentially. \:D/

What Next?

Image Image

Frank: If you'll support us, my darling "Tooeys", you'll get all of our unconditional love plus a personalized avvie! Sort of like a Trank corsage or pin or something...except more exciting! Look above and you'll undoubtedly agree! (Little crowns are so wonderful, aren't they? :D) In the meanwhile, you can expect a boatload of siggys within the next several days! Trent will also personally shake your hand if you want him to. :wink: And anytime you want to chat... Frank shall always be there to give you helpful advice! (That loving, kind-hearted person she is...:- ) We're uber excited about all of this, and we hope that y'all are too! A vote for Frank/Trent is a vote for an AIO future together! The kingdom awaits! The best is yet to come! \:D/

Trent: We may not be practically perfect in every way, but we hope and trust that you'll accept us at face value. We want to serve you, but we also desire to have FUN at the same time. :D Indeed, we're so anxiously awaiting this upcoming term that we've already paid the fee in its entirety and have started up our private HQ! \:D/ If you'd like to see myself and Frank as Mayor/CoP, then let us and know and we'll add you to the private HQ, plus we'll send you your personalized avy as soon as possible. :yes:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!