The Lounge!

whee.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!

This thread is awesome.

Totally!
63%
Agreed!
37%

Total votes: 146

Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Darcie wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I love how EK's random thread has led to a discussion of Pride and Prejudice instead of ninjas or llamas or something. \:D/
Woohoo!! Want to talk about more girly things related to that? No? Too bad!! :x

I went to a place in England called Box Hill where they go to picnic in Emma! Yay for big famous grassy places that are featured in literature! \:D/
And yet you didnt come to my house =; ](*,) :boohoo:
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

Johny Storm wrote:
Darcie wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I love how EK's random thread has led to a discussion of Pride and Prejudice instead of ninjas or llamas or something. \:D/
Woohoo!! Want to talk about more girly things related to that? No? Too bad!! :x

I went to a place in England called Box Hill where they go to picnic in Emma! Yay for big famous grassy places that are featured in literature! \:D/
And yet you didnt come to my house =; ](*,) :boohoo:
Or my house! :x
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Agentpaw wrote:
ek wrote:Ugh. Somehow I feel like I will be ridculed for this...but Pride and Prejudice bores me.
Uh! How could you say that! It is the most insane book ever! It stinks! :x

Uh, actually I have never read it. :anxious:

But I'm sure it's good. ;)

*bursts our crying*

How could you say such things EK? Pride and Prejudice *sob, sob* is the most wonderfulest book on the face of the planet. The moves are *sob, sob* awesome, and you are just plain mean! *sob, sob, sob*

*crying subsides*

And YOU Agentpaw! How in the world could you NOT have read read Pride an Prejudice?!?!? It is the most wonderfullest book ever (as stated above)!

Even my dad likes Pride and Prejudice (the movie) and Sense and Sensibility. so THERE :noway:

Some men just can't appreciate true talent and good literature when they see it. =;

I am leaving now to go finish my story. And FYI, Elizabeth just realized she is in love with Mr. Darcy.

*wipes eyes, glares at EK one last time, and opens her book*

PS Thank you Catspaw for your defense of my most beloved book. And yes, for some weird reason, it appeals to girls more than guys. I wonder why? \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I also enjoy Pride and Prejudice immensly. It is one of the most excellent pieces of literature I've ever read, and I believe it is the best piece of literature from that time period.

The movies are also excellent.

And I'm going to act as Mr. Collins in a play performance of the story this summer.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I am reading pride and prejudice. It is a pretty well written book. :anxious:
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I watch the movie never read the bokoks.
Wasnt it about a squirrel who fell in love with a badger who was already married to elvis badger?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Queen Prunaprismia wrote:I also enjoy Pride and Prejudice immensly. It is one of the most excellent pieces of literature I've ever read, and I believe it is the best piece of literature from that time period.

The movies are also excellent.

And I'm going to act as Mr. Collins in a play performance of the story this summer.
You are clearly a person of refined taste! I'm sure that you'll do a wonderful job as Mr. Collins, though I wouldn't expect too many people to love you after seeing you as him! :lol: He's so loveably dreadful.

That's cool about Emma, Darcie! \:D/

*pats Christina S on the back and hands her a box of tissues* They're crazy - don't listen to them. :noway:
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Pride and Prejudice? Mr. Darcy? *swoons* Collin Firth! :inlove:
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

:-
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Meh I still say its boring. >:l
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Agentpaw wrote::-
Nice edit. ;)
ek wrote:Meh I still say its boring. >:l
Well it's defindently no thriller. ;)
Last edited by Fei on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

Thanks, and you should make that [quote-"ek"] ;)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves it!

Darcie, that is really, really, most fantastically awesome about Box Hill. I would LOVE to go to the places where they filmed the movies.

I sometimes wish that I lived in that time period, because it just appeals to me so much. But I don't know if I could handle all the 'social status' junk. I mean, people are equals not matter if you have "10,000 a year" or "a modest income" But back then, it was taboo to marry for love. you had to marry someone of your "social status" But I like the fact that men were gentlemanly, girls were feminine, life was simple, people were kind to one another, i could go on. But then, I wouldn't be here on the ToO, having tons of fun!
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Why did they make Mr. Bingley so nerdy looking in the new movie? :-s
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

JesusIsAlive wrote:Why did they make Mr. Bingley so nerdy looking in the new movie? :-s
You know, that was the only person in the movie who I really didn't think they picked a good person to play the part. He was really nerdy.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Christina S wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:Why did they make Mr. Bingley so nerdy looking in the new movie? :-s
You know, that was the only person in the movie who I really didn't think they picked a good person to play the part. He was really nerdy.
Mr. Collins was too short. :noway:
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

JesusIsAlive wrote:
Christina S wrote:

I liked him. he was perfect. That is what made the scene where he was proposing to Elizabeth so funny, because he was so short! I think he was perfect :noway:
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Christina S wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:
Christina S wrote:

I liked him. he was perfect. That is what made the scene where he was proposing to Elizabeth so funny, because he was so short! I think he was perfect :noway:
Yeah, I think he was hilarious. But, in the book it said he was tall. :noway:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

...in other news.

My hair feels greasy.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

thats nice to know! :anxious: