Judge Moody!!! (That means sue anybody, except the judge)

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Pirate Oriana wrote:I sue PIRATE ORIANA!!! For over use of SMILIES!!!! :) :-s :sick: :- :anxious: :camilla: :salute: :chair: :splendid: :brave: :brave: :brave: :incnt: :assault: :explode: :knight: :group: (BY THE WAY, I'm AN AMERICAN AND MY FAVORITE COLOR IS GREEN!!!!! :neener: )
ARGG... Pay yourself $100 and get out of here!!! :x :x :x

Hmmp... crazy Americans.. no respect for other people :x

SWA is now my Baliff \:D/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

\:D/ I sue Taps because he needs a haircut!

Sort of...Not really...
he/him | a little stinker.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Why is EVERYBODY SUING ME?!? :x this is an OUTRAGE! oh well. Any publicity is good publicity... I plead not guilty. My hair looks awesome.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I sue Taps for using my quote! :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Taps wrote:Why is EVERYBODY SUING ME?!? :x this is an OUTRAGE! oh well. Any publicity is good publicity... I plead not guilty. My hair looks awesome.
Get a haircut!!! :x ... only my hair can look awesome in the courtroom :x

Taps how do you plead to using his quote? :x
Taps

Post by Taps »

What quote AE ? :-s
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Okay Stupid question, What exactly does a Bailiff do in a courtroom?
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:Okay Stupid question, What exactly does a Bailiff do in a courtroom?
I have no idea :shrugs:
Last edited by Parker Family on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Taps wrote:What quote AE ? :-s
This is an outrage! :x

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Parker Family wrote:
Stop Wooton' Around wrote:Okay Stupid question, What exactly does a Bailiff do in a courtroom?
I believe they call the witnesses to the stand. You don’t really seem to need one in this court.

Taps, if you want to hire me as your lawyer in this suit I would gladly represent you. I have a solid case built in your defense.
Taps

Post by Taps »

bookworm wrote:
Parker Family wrote:
I believe they call the witnesses to the stand. You don’t really seem to need one in this court.

Taps, if you want to hire me as your lawyer in this suit I would gladly represent you. I have a solid case built in your defense.
Ok I accept \:D/
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I sue Taps for never posting a single picture of himself. O:)

\:D/
Taps

Post by Taps »

:x Is the whole ToO community against me?!? that's... 6 times sued now? what is this? I just wanted to help the community! But you are all suing me! I offered your hand in friendship... and you spat in it. You unlawful people! I sue all who have sued me for not knowing good quality Users when they see it :x
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

At my suggestion Parker Family is introducing a bit more ‘order in the court’ (pun intended) so from this point forward cases will be addressed one at a time and will be given an official number and title.
The current case is Case 15 - American Eagle vs Taps and future lawsuits will go from there.
If you wish to file a suit you may introduce your claims now, but please refrain from starting the arguments on them until their number comes up so things don’t get confusing.

SWA, that can actually be your job if you’re still wanting to bailiff. When someone proposes a lawsuit you can officially announce its number and name.

Taps wrote:Ok I accept
Excellent.
*approaches the bench*

Your honor, I contend that American Eagle’s suit has no basis and should be thrown out of court. His claim that my client stole ‘his’ quote is false. At no time was the quote in question made the exclusive property of American Eagle, nor was American Eagle even the first person to use said quote.
A simple forum search reveals many members, myself included, using the quote in question before American Eagle.

As Exhibit A I present this post containing the earliest use of the quote, according to search, made by The Scribbler, who was quoting an Odyssey Tattler journalist. If you’ll notice the date, this post was made 3 years before American Eagle even joined this message board.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Objection, your honor!

The phrase "this is an outrage" is not only something I say now and then, but it is the very core of my online speaking.

It means everything to me...

...snap, I can't do it anymore. :( Taps' lawyer is too tough on me. All charges dropped, your honor, as long as Taps pays the court fees.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Your honor, American Eagle’s request does not make sense. If he is admitting that he has no case, why would my client be responsible for the fees incurred by his unsound suit?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Please, your honor?

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If you retract your request I will reverse my decision to advise my client to file a countersuit against your false claims.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

On what grounds could he sue me?

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Slander. I, for one, gained a strong fear that Taps was going to steal my catchphrases when you made your claim, AE, and I'm not sure that the rest of the ToO has recovered from this deepset sense of distrust. According to my calculations, Taps and Bookworm could potentially sue you for $427.66. (Plus $50.01 for inconveniencing the court, of course.)
It's been awhile, hasn't it?