Judge Moody!!! (That means sue anybody, except the judge)

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Ryan Matlock
Level 4, Adventures in Odyssey Collector

Post by Ryan Matlock »

So...are we starting now?

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

When Judge Moody calls the court to order.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Monty, how do you plead? :x
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I plead guilty, your honor.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Monty wrote:I plead guilty, your honor.
Then you will need to make restitution for your heinous crime against humanity! :x You are ordered to pay what is due.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Your honor. Doesn't it have to be determined if what he did was a crime first?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Ryan Matlock
Level 4, Adventures in Odyssey Collector

Post by Ryan Matlock »

Knight Fisher wrote:Your honor. Doesn't it have to be determined if what he did was a crime first?
I would say it is a crime not to pay money if it was promised. There is evidence that Monty promised money to Jehosaphat. The crime in question was whether he failed to pay the money or not. Monty has plead guilty to this charge. I don't think there is much more to be said...

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Hmm, I was looking at it wrong. Never mind.

I'd like to sue Monty for not accepting me in his family, when it clearly says at the bottom of his signature:
You can join my family too!
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Parker Family wrote:You are ordered to pay what is due.
Is he to work that out with the plaintiff and his attorney? Meaning the case is closed as far as the court is concerned?
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Monty still has not payed.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Since there's renewed interest in the ToO Court, I wanted to bring up a particularly egregious crime. In this thread, Woody breaks alliteration and openly admits that he should be sued.
Woody wrote:Yes, I used a word that didn't quite fit to keep the alliteration going. Sue me.
Thus, acting as interim Judge Moody, the prosecuting lawyer, and the entire jury, I summon Woody to the court to give his defense against this heinous misconduct.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If we want to revive this court that's great, but it's going to need some reorganization first.

A new judge needs to be appointed, unless PF suddenly comes back around. It could be you perhaps, but for cases where you are involved you would have to recuse yourself.

And we still have a few outstanding lawsuits from before the court was recessed. New cases can be added to the docket, but those pending litigation need to be resolved before anything new can be argued.

If there is enough interest in resuming the court I have some ideas for how to get it going again and would be glad to see it revived.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

I'd love to have it revived :hello: :lawyer: What ideas do you have in mind?
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Or we could just let TS do what he's started to do already since the Hillengdale Haven never had structure in the first place. :p
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Several parts of HH have structure. This thread, the Cleverbot thread, and the Micro Town, to name just a few. There's a difference between threads that don't take themselves completely seriously and threads where anything goes and people just go crazy.

And TS didn't start this, PF and I did (with a defined structure that has been explained and demonstrated in the previous posts) so if you want to 'just let the intention go' that's what I'm doing.

TS is free to start up a mock court where nothing is serious if he wishes, but what we were discussing here is reviving this particular court as the 'official' legal body and that requires observing certain procedural standards.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

bookworm wrote:If we want to revive this court that's great, but it's going to need some reorganization first.

A new judge needs to be appointed, unless PF suddenly comes back around. It could be you perhaps, but for cases where you are involved you would have to recuse yourself.

And we still have a few outstanding lawsuits from before the court was recessed. New cases can be added to the docket, but those pending litigation need to be resolved before anything new can be argued.

If there is enough interest in resuming the court I have some ideas for how to get it going again and would be glad to see it revived.
My post was mainly just meant to be funny, but we could try to do a genuine revival. The official rules of the court:

1) All Americans should pay more then their counterparts because they are all heathens! (Especially if they barge in on a court session)
2) People whose favorite color is green must pay a fine of $0.01 to the court. All those who attempt to evade this will be hanged.

bookworm, are you interested in retaining the position of defense attorney?

I'm not sure what we can do about unresolved cases, since Monty is no longer active.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have thoughts on both of those questions, I'll post when I have a chance to type them up.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Parakeet and GJ, you are hereby summoned to the court. Both of you have committed the crime of having green as your favorite color, so you must pay a $.01 fine.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If they decide to settle out of court that case can proceed immediately, if they wish to contest the charge it will be added to the pending docket.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Am I to donate the cent directly to you, T.S, or another party?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset