I declare this Thread my Micro-Town!!!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Good timing, seeing as we still don’t have a Chief of Police.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

As there is no objection, I motion that we put it to a vote.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

There appears to be no objection to the method of submission, however I have an objection to the current wording. No offense meant Senator, it’s just because you hadn’t put your suggestion forth as a structured proposal, simply as a stated thought.

Senator bookworm submits the following proposal drafted from Senator Fisher’s statements.

Affirmation of Citizenship Edict
To be issued [1 day after passage].
All citizens of Smallville must immediately reaffirm their desire for Smallville citizenship by signing the Smallville Constitution. By doing so they acknowledge that they are aware of the currently active laws of Smallville and will abide by them. Anyone who fails to sign within 7 days, that is by [8th date from passage], will lose their Smallville citizenship effective [9th day from passage] and will no longer be subject to the laws of Smallville. Lost Smallville citizenship may be regained upon request and subsequent signage of the Smallville Constitution.
Codicil:
Upon passage of this edict by the Senate the sections containing bracketed text will be replaced with the corresponding dates.

Senators, please approve this proposal for deliberation or submit one of your own.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I approve this proposal for deliberation.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

A need has come up, and the school would like to hold a fundraiser to raise money for the new gym. I would like to ask for the city's full support. It does not have to be financial.
Last edited by Joy on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Senator Monty thought that he had already posted this.

Senator Monty approves this proposal for deliberation.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then the proposal is now open for deliberation.

Senate Proposal 11 - Affirmation of Citizenship Edict
To be issued [1 day after passage].
All citizens of Smallville must immediately reaffirm their desire for Smallville citizenship by signing the Smallville Constitution. By doing so they acknowledge that they are aware of the currently active laws of Smallville and will abide by them. Anyone who fails to sign within 7 days, that is by [8th date from passage], will lose their Smallville citizenship effective [9th day from passage] and will no longer be subject to the laws of Smallville. Lost Smallville citizenship may be regained upon request and subsequent signage of the Smallville Constitution.
Codicil:
Upon passage of this edict by the Senate the sections containing bracketed text will be replaced with the corresponding dates.

If there is further input or proposed language changes please state them now, otherwise please approve the proposal for a final vote.

Senator bookworm approves SP11 to be put to a vote.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

After further thought on the matter I feel this proposal is unfeasible. So I propose we put this motion on hold indefinitely and gather the opinions of the citizens of Smallville on the matter.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Senator bookworm rejects the proposal to delay deliberation. This has been in the works long enough for people who care to have known about it. The purpose was to weed out the inactive, was it not? Passing it now will do just that. The wording was carefully crafted so as to not permanently exclude anyone, thereby not causing problems dependent on when it was passed. If someone misses the original call for signing, they can make it up at a later time when they are prepared to fulfill their responsibilities.

(Note that this rejection is only made from my position as a Senator, not the Senate Chair. As such it does not immediately throw out Senator Fisher’s proposal, it only counts as a ‘No’ in this ‘mini-vote’ on whether to continue with the first proposal or to delay it. Senator Monty will cast the deciding ‘mini-vote’ which will determine the next action.)

Senator Monty will now please voice his stance.
An acceptance of Senator Fisher’s proposal will table Senator bookworm’s proposal and reopen discussion on what, if anything, to submit regarding the Smallville Constitution.
A rejection of Senator Fisher’s proposal will drop said proposal from the floor, at which time Senator Monty would then voice his stance on Senator bookworm’s proposal. At that time he could still reject that original proposal, making the support two against and one for, tabling it, or support the original proposal which would put it to the final vote where it would either be adopted as law, or rejected.